** Official PvP BUG list (1.4) **

Apaolo

Thanks for creating this first off. Second here are what others have reported in a nut shell on our server...

I wanted to address that last night the Ranked Ques were not happening on the server "The Harbinger" Guilds even worked together for group ques and after people logging off and on thinking there was a bug out of the 4 teams waiting 2 hours they que never popped.

We got off 4-5 ranked matches yesterday (Friday) morning without a problem. At times queue took 2-3 minutes to pop, but our two pug groups had success.

Hope our situation is the common one.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this is a new bug, and old one that I have never seen, or just a one time fluke.

Last night a co-worker and myself group queued for a game, same as every night. This time, instead of us both happily playing together, we were put on opposing teams?

This wouldn't be so bad, except that this co-worker is also my supervisor, and I kinda owned him.....now I gotta face the music monday.

Uh, did you queue as a group, or just click "together? I've never seen issues with grouping.

It's not just the voiceovers that are wrong, in Alderaan Civil War sometimes me and my team get put into the actual Republic shuttle (I'm an Imperial). The game seems to recognise us as Reps for some reason.

I don't think that's a bug, because it happened before 1.4 anytime a match was Imp vs. Imp or Rep vs Rep. One team would randomly get the other faction's shuttle. What is a bug though is the voiceover. For the three warzones that aren't Huttball, any time there was a same faction match, there would be a commander voicing everything. Now you can be Imperials fighting other Imperials, and you will hear Satele Shan on Voidstar or a Republic commander in Novare Coast or Civil War.

Update: Smash is definately bugged out and it has to do with positioning and elevation. When on any elevated platform or structure Smash seems to be way more likely to fire off, report dmg, but not deduct dmamge from the target...If you are moving or do a jump smash the likelyhood seems higher that this will occur as well.

The nature of Force Scream has also changed..I have to be 100% square on my target or it will stutter and not fire until I completely square up...Previously it was not so..as long as they were in your frontal cone Scream would initiate.

It almost seems like they tightened up the range in some way to the extent that abilities are being effected by server to client reporting or something...Its having a major impact on my gameplay...But it seems it is not affecting all players....im on cable and have a maxed out signal,,,So im just not sure whats going on.

I can confirm marauder smash not working consistently. Both leveling and in warzones it misses. Sometimes it will display the damage done and they enemy doesn't take any. I have also noticed getting attacked while stealthed more frequent than pre 1.4. For a few months now, I've noticed that Force Choke doesn't work. It will show the animation, but not stun or damage the enemy. I have to hit the attack twice to get it to work. I have also noticed the force scream stutter has gotten worse since 1.4. And resolve is so f'ed up. And lots of artifacts or video glitches, especially when using ravage.

Played some more today, noticed that the ghost gcd (you use a skill, it doest do anything, doesn't get put on cd, but the gcd gets triggered) occurs a lot more frequently than before the patch.

Also, I noticed something else, sometimes when you use an ability, you can see that the animation starts, but the ability deals no damage to the target. For eg:

I press blade storm

animation starts

target gets behind me

animation for the ability stops

no damage dealt, gcd was triggered, skill is not on cd

Oh, and the stuns are MUCH worse now. Seriously bw, stop encouraging people to mindlessly blow all their cds with absolutely 0 penalty for not thinking about it.

I don't think that's a bug, because it happened before 1.4 anytime a match was Imp vs. Imp or Rep vs Rep. One team would randomly get the other faction's shuttle. What is a bug though is the voiceover. For the three warzones that aren't Huttball, any time there was a same faction match, there would be a commander voicing everything. Now you can be Imperials fighting other Imperials, and you will hear Satele Shan on Voidstar or a Republic commander in Novare Coast or Civil War.

Pretty sure it's a bug, I've played over a thousand Warzones. Been on both sides of Civil War and have never been in the Republic ship until after 1.4. Even the Republic Commander calls us pubs when speaking, this has to be a new bug.

Also, I'm having issue's with abilities not working but going on CD anyhow. Both abilities that have been changed in the patch. Overload, and Undying Rage. Often they won't work at all or they will reset to cooldown but nothing happens.

Edited by SyphonSith

novarre coast- bunker taking damage without 2 nodes being controlled

voidstar- played a match yesterday. we held them at the second door. we went on offensive, blew through first door and bridge, then game ended abruptly and resulted in a loss for us. now that i'm on this topic, it always seemed strange to me that after reaching a certain point in void and being held, the opposing team would go on the offensive and autowin after completing the objective right BEFORE the one our team was stopped at. both teams should have equal opportunity to hold in those situations.

Pretty sure it's a bug, I've played over a thousand Warzones. Been on both sides of Civil War and have never been in the Republic ship until after 1.4. Even the Republic Commander calls us pubs when speaking, this has to be a new bug.

Also, I'm having issue's with abilities not working but going on CD anyhow. Both abilities that have been changed in the patch. Overload, and Undying Rage. Often they won't work at all or they will reset to cooldown but nothing happens.

The being in the other faction's ship whenever you are playing against your own faction isn't new. Many times you would know you are in the other ship by looking and seeing that the npc standing there is clearly from the other faction. The Republic commander speaking to Imperials as if they were Republic and vice versa came with 1.4. This happens not only in ACW, but with Voidstar as well. I was in imp vs imp and Satele Shan was talking to us. The simulation commander voices are gone.

1. starting WZ mostly with 7 people in team, today also happened to me that I was starting in two wzs with 6people vs 8. means that mostly you will loose...

2. first day after patch jugg tank smash did no damage, now it look that it is working

3. invisible people, jugg jumped on me, and then i didnt see him but he did damage to me

4. lags and stun wars...

Replying to stand behind the poster who talked about Force Choke & Force Scream; here's what I've seen:

Choke: Activate force choke, my toon will assume the Force Choke position, but it does not really get activated; the enemy I used it on is unaffected (Guy's still moving, bashing my face in) and the ability itself is still ready for use. I've gotten in the habit of pushing my Force Choke ability key twice while in WZs these days. I started noticing this sometime after 1.3 (estimate).

Scream: This ability does not activate for me sometimes. Often times when part of a combo (?), my toon will look as though it is about to use it, but really doesn't at the last second (Aptly described as a stutter elsewhere).

Edit: I wanted to add that I have also seen the Force Choke behavior described above while fighting vs. WZ dummy inside my ship.

I hope that since we've all decided to post these potential bugs (In essence, doing free QC for them), they will address them that much faster?

-Seeng

Edited by Seengularity

Voidstar

When crossing the bridge to left door, stealth ops, when angled and position tight to objective, can activate door without breaking stealth.

I have used my Ops and confirmed opening objective, but only on left side door when stealth.

How can this be?

Theres a patch tomorrow, who wants to run the book on seeing what else they can screw up???

Maybe they'll fix the back fill issue and we can have a nice 10 v 8 ;)

How about the bug where the operative on my team pops some kind of team invisibility, and I stay invisible the rest of the match. That happened to me once, and it was weird, all you could see was my name.

This has been a problem for a long time... the rest of the players can still see you though. You're only invisible on your screen. Cloak again and it fixes itself... unless you don't have a cloak. I wouldn't know how that works, it's only happened to me on my marauder.

I have actually had a lot of issues with Huttball since the patch.

- I am having issues with force charge. It seems randomly sometimes when I force charge someone, they will disappear for around three seconds. One particular instance was a vanguard and they don't have a blink or anything and the others have animations. On another occasion one of them looked to me like they fell through the floor.

I have seen the same issue, can't fight the guy u can't see. esp for 4-5secs, they reappear after that. Not a consistent repro.

Choke: Activate force choke, my toon will assume the Force Choke position, but it does not really get activated; the enemy I used it on is unaffected (Guy's still moving, bashing my face in) and the ability itself is still ready for use. I've gotten in the habit of pushing my Force Choke ability key twice while in WZs these days. I started noticing this sometime after 1.3 (estimate).

-Seeng

Omg! I have the same issue, I thought the issue was due to me key-binding force choke to mouse scroll. Fix this thing please.