Legacy for companions

Iloveitsgame

Helllo guys. How can I receive bonuses for companion from legacy (global iunlocks)?
If you mean the ones for completing the companion stories, you get them for completing all the conversations and missions for a companion with a particular "role" (Goes back to the orignal system, where companions had only one role, rather than being able to take any role, like they do now).

There are 5 "roles":

Melee Tank

Mele Damage

Ranged Tank

Ranged Damage

Healer

Each gives a small bonus (1%) to your character.

Accuracy

Critical Damage

Max Health

Critical Chance

Healing Received

Completing each "role" also increases the duration and reduces the cooldown on your Heroic Moment ability, to a total of 1 minutes longer duration and 5 minutes shorter cooldown.

The bonus is automatically applied when you complete that companion's "story". You can get the bonus once for each companion "role". So you can't get multiple bonuses to your Accuracy for doing all 8 "melee tank" companions (Qyzen Fess, Bowdaar, Tanno Vik, Lord Scourge, etc.), or for doing one of them multiple times on different characters (IOW, you can't make a bunch of Trooper characters and get the bonuses for the Trooper companions multiple times).

OTOH, you can get the +10 Presence boost once for each individual companion from the original class stories: 8 classes, 5 companions each, is 40 total compaions or +400 total Presence boost.

As with other achievements tied to the class stories, you can't unlock them with a Start at 60/65 character, as those are locked out of all companion stories. You need to start at level 1 and play through the class stories the old-fashioned way. (Companion conversations & missions are triggered solely by your progress through your class story).

If you mean the ones for completing the companion stories, you get them for completing all the conversations and missions for a companion with a particular "role" (Goes back to the orignal system, where companions had only one role, rather than being able to take any role, like they do now).

There are 5 "roles":

Melee Tank

Mele Damage

Ranged Tank

Ranged Damage

Healer

Each gives a small bonus (1%) to your character.

Accuracy

Critical Damage

Max Health

Critical Chance

Healing Received

Completing each "role" also increases the duration and reduces the cooldown on your Heroic Moment ability, to a total of 1 minutes longer duration and 5 minutes shorter cooldown.

The bonus is automatically applied when you complete that companion's "story". You can get the bonus once for each companion "role". So you can't get multiple bonuses to your Accuracy for doing all 8 "melee tank" companions (Qyzen Fess, Bowdaar, Tanno Vik, Lord Scourge, etc.), or for doing one of them multiple times on different characters (IOW, you can't make a bunch of Trooper characters and get the bonuses for the Trooper companions multiple times).

OTOH, you can get the +10 Presence boost once for each individual companion from the original class stories: 8 classes, 5 companions each, is 40 total compaions or +400 total Presence boost.

As with other achievements tied to the class stories, you can't unlock them with a Start at 60/65 character, as those are locked out of all companion stories. You need to start at level 1 and play through the class stories the old-fashioned way. (Companion conversations & missions are triggered solely by your progress through your class story).

Wow, really thank you.

So I don't need it at all because I don't use classic companions pref companions from KOTFE/KOTET?

Or it's still help with CD for Heroic Moment?

Edited by Iloveitsgame

Wow, really thank you.

So I don't need it at all because I don't use classic companions pref companions from KOTFE/KOTET?

The heroic moment stuff, the presence bonuses, and so on will help any character. If you really don't care about the companions but want the bonuses, create a series of characters, one per story, and crank each character to the end of Corellia / beginning of Ilum and run all their companion conversations in spacebar mode.

Then keep or delete each character as you see fit, and move to the next one.

The heroic moment stuff, the presence bonuses, and so on will help any character. If you really don't care about the companions but want the bonuses, create a series of characters, one per story, and crank each character to the end of Corellia / beginning of Ilum and run all their companion conversations in spacebar mode.

Then keep or delete each character as you see fit, and move to the next one.

Thank you I already in process.

But before end up storry for gunslinger now he is 70 and I start KOTET and forgot conversation. T_T

Edited by Iloveitsgame

Wow, really thank you.

You unlock the bonuses with the "classic" companions. But once unlocked, you get the stat bonuses (Accuracy, Crit Chance, etc.), and the bonuses for Heroic Moment, on all characters in your Legacy, regardless of which companion you are using.

You unlock the bonuses with the "classic" companions. But once unlocked, you get the stat bonuses (Accuracy, Crit Chance, etc.), and the bonuses for Heroic Moment, on all characters in your Legacy, regardless of which companion you are using.

I see. And for my gunslinger...need do story again? D:

Terrible.

You get the player-character stat bonuses and heroic moment increase only once per companion type. Finish one class story and talk to all companions until they have nothing more to say, and you're done.

All you get from doing all conversations with the same companion type on another class is a small bonus to presence which only improves your companions, but is barely noticeable, considering how overpowered they already are.

Back in the day, when the companion conversations were gated by influence/affection, it was quite a feat to get all bonuses on one character. This is why they can be collected across your whole legacy e.g. if you hate Skadge, you could still get the melee-tank bonus from Khem or Bowdaar.

Edited by Mubrak

I see. And for my gunslinger...need do story again? D:

Terrible.

Your gunslinger cannot "do the story again". If you want to "unlock" the Smuggler companions (Corso, Bowdaar, Risha, Akavi, Guss) you will need to make a new Smuggler character (gunslinger or scoundrel) and play through the whole class story again.

Make sure you choose the Start at level 1 option in character creation, not Start at 60/65 (starting at 60/65. And this time remember to check all your companions from time to time and do all their conversations and missions. Easy way is at the end of every planet, when you go back to your ship, go around and talk to all your companions before you head to whatever planet is next.

Your gunslinger cannot "do the story again". If you want to "unlock" the Smuggler companions (Corso, Bowdaar, Risha, Akavi, Guss) you will need to make a new Smuggler character (gunslinger or scoundrel) and play through the whole class story again.

Make sure you choose the Start at level 1 option in character creation, not Start at 60/65 (starting at 60/65. And this time remember to check all your companions from time to time and do all their conversations and missions. Easy way is at the end of every planet, when you go back to your ship, go around and talk to all your companions before you head to whatever planet is next.

Ugh, ><.

Well anyway I wanten try to play Scoundrel.))

Thank you very much.

• 7 months later...
If you have unlocked all companions as a Guardian and then came back to the game and boosted a Sentinel, would the Sentinel gain the unlocked character boosts (the 1% role boosts) or is that literally per character, regardless of whether they are unlocked?

If you have unlocked all companions as a Guardian and then came back to the game and boosted a Sentinel, would the Sentinel gain the unlocked character boosts (the 1% role boosts) or is that literally per character, regardless of whether they are unlocked?

When you have unlocked all companions of <any class> the character boosts will be unlocked for every character in your legacy. At this point you're done, you get one set of boosts and that's it. You won't get any additional boosts when you do all conversations with another character, be it a Sentinel, a Scoundrel or a Sorcerer.

Thanks, I see, so the presence boosts are the only ones that actually stack across all classes, the first set of companions unlocked is one and done for the +1% percent forever.

Is it worth it to raise presence across each group if i have already completed the 8 classes? I duo a quite a bit and was hoping that might help with heroics, but not sure if the +10 per companion unlocked adds up to enough to be worth the trouble?

Is it worth it to raise presence across each group if i have already completed the 8 classes? I duo a quite a bit and was hoping that might help with heroics, but not sure if the +10 per companion unlocked adds up to enough to be worth the trouble?

You get the presence bonus only once per companion, so if your Guardian has unlocked all of them, there's nothing left to unlock for your Sentinel.

It adds up to 400 presence for all companions; that's around +2000 health, +80 damage and +60 healing. Every point of influence you have with the active companion increases presence by 50, so the permanent bonus mainly helps for low influence companions on a new char or when you get temporary companions later on in Kotfe.

There is no reason not to get the full presence bonus, though. Back in the day, the companion conversations were gated by influence, and it was quite an accomplishment to have all companions maxed out on the same char. These days, all you have to do is play through the 8 class stories (which every swtor player should do at least once) and talk to all companions until they have nothing more to say.

Edited by Mubrak