UI Feedback: Amplifier and Amp Rerolls

EricMusco

UI design (look) feed back :

Please make all the UI match the old style of windows or make the old style match the new UI windows.

At the moment they are so different, it feels extremely unprofessional and amateurish like I’m running multiple third party addons, like you would in games like World or Warcraft.

I know you guys are better than this. Please don’t release it live or you will get bad feed back from players and I dare say from industry reviewers in the gaming media. You don’t want it to be come a meme like Anthem’s disjointed systems.

This is sadly excactly what happend when they supposedly improved the galactic map. the old nice looking map was replaced with an super ugly useless one. Also i would love to turn off the ugly new icons hovering over lots of npc's char i still havent found an option to do so yet. Also the new colour scheme and design on some old symbols like the postbox hover symbol is really horrendous. Whoever thought these ui visual changes were a good idea should probably be fired or transferred to the team responsible for designing parts of the game players never sees.

Edited by Jevnaker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they cap the cost at 100,000, no matter how many times you have to roll, it will never cost more. Unless you select one and want to change it later.

Other wise its pure slot machine mechanics and 100% gambling.

No argument from me !! I agree 100%

So with some cost testing trying to see at what point is it more cost effective to just dump your current armoring amp, and just start over on a new armoring.

• 500K = 17 rolls
  • 1mil = 26 rolls
  • 1.5mil = 33 rolls

There might be a better cost to roll point, but I would rather try 3 different armorings for a total of 51 rolls for 1.5mil, then stay on 1 armoring for 33 rolls for the same 1.5mil.

Since it is all (bad) RNG, I have gotten the amplifier rating I was trying for within a few rolls, and also taken an armoring up to 50mil+ per roll without getting the one I was trying for.

For this to work, I feel like the developers need to pick a damn lane between these 2 items:

1) 50k weekly credit cap - once you hit 50k, all following rolls are 50 k.

or

2) Keep it is now, but then allow players to lock in amplifiers they want, even if they want to switch out armor.

Otherwise, it feels too messy, and I don't see anyone bothering with it AT ALL until they get their "final" armor suit.

Its just too cost prohibitive otherwise.

For this to work, I feel like the developers need to pick a damn lane between these 2 items:

1) 50k weekly credit cap - once you hit 50k, all following rolls are 50 k.

or

2) Keep it is now, but then allow players to lock in amplifiers they want, even if they want to switch out armor.

Otherwise, it feels too messy, and I don't see anyone bothering with it AT ALL until they get their "final" armor suit.

Its just too cost prohibitive otherwise.

Over all the system seems to be overly complex. Also keep in mind that as we tested this we used unlimited resources. And if we messed up or needed more credits … we just simply went to a machine and picked up some more. Granted it was just to test the products to see if they worked.

For my final analysis: Between the RNG VENDORS … and what is essentially a RNG amplifier system I would stand a better chance of standing 15' 6.5 " ( or 474 CM) away from a regulation size dart board …. BLIND FOLDED…. and expect to throw double in and double out …

Not impossible... not much fun, and just about as much chance of getting exactly what you want.

Not impossible... not much fun, and just about as much chance of getting exactly what you want.

This sums the system up nicely.

Even when getting gold, it doesn't feel particularly rewarding. It's not thrilling. It's not even fun. It's just click, no, click, no, click, maybe upgrade, click, no, click, no, etc. The whole system is frankly boring, overly complicated, unclear and way too expensive.

I also have the sense that certain types are much easier to get gold for, or other types don't even have a gold rarity available, or the chances are abysmal. I received gold self-healing numerous times, but only blue for other DPS stats. I know there needs to be a larger sample size than just me... but if the devs are tweaking percentages behind the scenes, it's an even bigger turnoff.

What I'd like to know is this (and I think players will need to know as well to avoid major frustration with this aspect of the system):

Do all gold amps have the same rarity, or are some more like Platinum?

Where do all of the amps have a chance to drop? In certain parts (mods, enhancements, armoring, barrels, etc.) or also in certain gear pieces (i.e., only in chest, head, gloves, boots, etc.)?

Do you plan on adding any sound effects or animations?

At the moment, this feels like a cheap trick pulled by 100% free MMOs that have to make money somehow. I have this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that it won't be long before we see Guaranteed Mod Upgrader Seals and Lucky Mod Boosts in the CM. I really hope not.

• 1 month later...

Things like Amps and it being beneficial for your stat make the game to complicated as in not fun.

So for me Amp besides bonus in crafting and so on should be removed. This is my 2 cents.

Tacticals is a great idea, this deserves to go, or else my sub is off.

• 4 weeks later...

I must agree with a lot of the others about cost on rerolls. Some of us must support other alts as well. Then support our guild. Looking at content far as cost and the environment. The economy, credits for repairs, travel, crafting, etc... The things we do to play and enjoy the sage. When we buy an armor piece or mod it does a random roll of the 30 possible updates. Someone said, slot machine of those from a click. We get an amp and it's not what we want. Cost us 39k credits + or minus, depends on our Item Rating but rounds up to the next higher Item level. The cost is very high do to the others cost and return of the area where we get credits, tech fragments from. When people go shopping most people know what they need or want. So, they want the higher item rating and say en garde 2% It would be 1 in 30 to get that at say 50k credits for 300 plus item rating. So, you reroll 30 times. 1.5 mil credits and still you might not get the 2% do it again another 1.5 mil and still not get it. Now I'm broke. took a chance and lost. Lesson learned. Why not have a price like say a car I want to buy, the price tag is $49,999. It’s the color I want, and it has all the bells and whistles. Only pay for what you want or need.

Now say you get something with the +2% you keep it for an alt. Which is ok and good to do. What about armor say it drops in a crate. You look and see an amp you know your alt will need so you take it off and it cost 40k credits. This is what I'm talking about the economy and costs. You want us to go earn our funding. That what we tell our kids or vagrants to go earn your money or what you want or need. You got that item from a re-owned crate. The item can be sold to a vender for 9k but you xp-ed in high content area. You spent 40k 3 times do to dying on the instant. What in the economy will get you that 120k credits back and the removal of the mod 40k credits say in one instant or two? then add in other cost say your crafting cost to make an item for a guildy that is learning the game and needs better gear but you don't charge as he/she is new to the game and a guild member. I think there needs to be a bolster for credits based of the character level and the item rating. To get that credits back that would be about 8 heroics or 12 dailies. Yes, it helps with conquest points and supports the guild. How does it help with credits? The only means is to craft items and sell but the cost there is high for the higher-level gear. Now I'm seeing why people charge way too much on the GTN. Cost of the mats and a little profit. If one charges way too much it will not sell. Learning the lessons before we have too. Finding the right balance. The balance of the equation. my two cents.

• 1 year later...
hell, i wasted about 3 billion-we need a better system.

Do you mean the new system where you can lock the rarity of the amplifier? I think this is a great system and will save a lot of credits compared to the current system on the live servers.