Etiquitte for needing in SM Ops

Rule of thumb. Wait for all players to greed, if all before you have done so - THEN ask if it's okay, if you want the purple crystal... or for a comp, if ANY of the group says no... greed like everyone else and move on.

Heck, I feel bad when I run greeds for gear I can't use - to the point I'll offer it away to groupies, if someone wants it... they get it.

PASS?

I personally dislike even when people ask to need for companions, since that's what greed is for - your main can't use it, but you need it for companions/mods/etc. If you don't need it at all, just PASS.

And I was wondering, what is the etiquette for needing on non-gear? I'm talking about speeder and crafting mats and the likes. I always pick greed if it's something I can use or want, but yesterday some guy in tionese kept on needing on the nice speeder and some crafting mats. Nobody else in the group said something about that, so I'm not sure. Though I put him on ignore after that. Maybe no one looked who picked what? Since there are a lot of people greeding and the chat window gets long and everything and almost no one there really needed the gear that dropped.

This needs more clarification too, it seems to vary from person to person. Did my first Op the other night and the Tirsa Elite vehicle was dropped, so I rolled greed. Because, I don't NEED it, but would like it, either to use or sell it (greed, right?). But this guy who wasn't in our guild rolled Need and won it, as well as the crafting materials. Nobody said anything to him.

Edited by Jules

PASS?

I personally dislike even when people ask to need for companions, since that's what greed is for - your main can't use it, but you need it for companions/mods/etc. If you don't need it at all, just PASS.

In FP I greed on anything. In OPs I pass on anything the character I am playing at that time cannot use himself. Under no circumstances will I need on anything I can't use on that character, and if it's me and one other guy and his gear is worse than mine I'll let him have it.

It just galls me that some people are that fail that they feel the need to rob from players to gear their companions. Again -- sorc full heal , soloed all the HK H2's and run my dailies with zero issues, and my companion is in a mix of 50's from the GTN and tionese I outgrew. There is NO reason to gear your companions in columni you steal from others by needing on it when you can't use it unless you have completely fail skills , can't l2interrupt, and are a bad.

And I was wondering, what is the etiquette for needing on non-gear? I'm talking about speeder and crafting mats and the likes. I always pick greed if it's something I can use or want, but yesterday some guy in tionese kept on needing on the nice speeder and some crafting mats. Nobody else in the group said something about that, so I'm not sure. Though I put him on ignore after that. Maybe no one looked who picked what? Since there are a lot of people greeding and the chat window gets long and everything and almost no one there really needed the gear that dropped.

Why would you put someone on ignore for rolling need on a speeder? And crafting mats? That seems a bit extreme of you. There's got to be more to it than just that. Like did the person act out? Did you talk to the person? Were they being a jerk? If all that happened was they rolled need on a speeder and crafting mats and you put them on ignore without talking about it, when everyone else also said nothing? That's crazy. How long is your ignore list?

Because if you are a level 50 in a 49 warzone with legacy'd WH mods, you will basically be walking around 2-shotting people (on top of having 17k hp). Unfortunately you can only do this once per character.

But it just doesn't last that long you know? You don't stay 49 forever. Just seems like something to not really get stressed about. Heck, since it's such a huge gear disparity at work, then for once SKILL has nothing to do with it, so there's even less to get upset about you know?

and my companion is in a mix of 50's from the GTN and tionese I outgrew.

I gear my companions in Recruit PVP gear. It's cheap and easy and for the DPS companions the 132 rating weapons are a nice little extra boost. For the ones that can use the weapons available at least (so like Khem is out of luck, heh).

I gear my companions in Recruit PVP gear. It's cheap and easy and for the DPS companions the 132 rating weapons are a nice little extra boost. For the ones that can use the weapons available at least (so like Khem is out of luck, heh).

That also works well. Heck, you end up with piles of tionese garbage from running HM FP's, piles of left over 50's stuff from when you move -- all of it works well.

If it had been something stupid like a mount, I'd have shrugged. It's a game, no need to freak out over it, but the way he did it was just rude and unnecessary.

I'll just #firstworldproblems myself and deal. :)

Except this was for a lightsaber, and there is no current way to even legacy transfer one of those.

just the hilt. everything else can be transferred with the event legacy bows. personally i think he did it for the color crystal as everything else transferable can be bought with columni coms. for columni weapons the color crystals are purple for the empire side and cyan (light blue) for the republic. these can be pricey if bought off the gtn.

dont every run off someones name in general chat as it only makes you sound like a whiny 4 year old child. most of us wont believe you anyways. generally players will snicker and troll on your frustration for sport. try to talk to someone from his guild to get an officer or guild leader. see what they say. if nothing then you have a guild to black list as well. yes people there are entire guilds full of such ill mannered individuals.