[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

Xinika

Nice video man/girl (what do i know? xD)

I kinda resently dinged 50 with my assassin and i am woundering about statpriority?. Is it worth stacking crit over 30% if not, why? As a deceptionassassin i kinda feel that u live on your crits! As i check around the net it seams like the statpriority is (for pvp) Expertise > Accuracy to 105% > Crit 30% >Critical multiplier 75% and power as a last resort.

Is this priority correct? Its pretty much this i find everywhere. Feel free to comment, discuss =)

If you want to get to a specific % on any given stat, you can certainly do so, but know that you are giving up other stats to achieve those. For example, getting from 27% to 31% crit (a 4% difference) might be better used in Power, going from damage bonus of 350 to say 450, which is a 28% increase. Sure you would crit 4% less often than someone with 31%, but on every other hit you would be doing 28% more damage, given the same rotation. The same applies to other stats with similar diminishing returns, like Surge, Accuracy, etc.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERYTHING in pvp is situational and I don't like calling it a "rotation" per say but in a nutshell here's what you want to be using in each spec:

23-1-17

- Shock on energize proc

- Maul on a Duplicity proc

- Death Field when its CD is up.

- Thrash/Assassinate to proc energize.

- Ideally, recklessness/adrenals/relic popped when energize is available/DeathField is ready/and Duplicity is up...= huge burst on your target.

Why is discharge not used in this rotation? I'm currently 31 pts in Darkness and would like to try 23-1-17 out. Sounds like fun but I want to make sure i understand the priority/rotation first

thanks!

-Phil

so I tried Arika, I absolutely hate it :p

it's like deception with 1 healing ability (death field)... I'm a glass cannon... Jedi knights, commandos and such eat me up in seconds. Maybe its a gear problem, I'll try it again later when I have better gear, but now, I feel useless, so I went back to 31/1/9, where I can be of some use, guarding people and actually surviving longer.

maybe I'll try the other one later as well.

Why is discharge not used in this rotation? I'm currently 31 pts in Darkness and would like to try 23-1-17 out. Sounds like fun but I want to make sure i understand the priority/rotation first

thanks!

-Phil

Discharge in Dark Charge stance is situational at best. The immediate benefit is multiple targets get hit, but it ends there (useful for stopping caps). The -5% accuracy is worthless when 80-90% of the abilities being used are abilities with an inherent +10% accuracy (tech/force) on top of whatever extra they have in the stat itself. Meaning at best you might get them back down to 100%, but more likely 103% or so. This is why Discharge is only really used with the DPS specs and hybrids as opposed to anything within the Dark Charge stance.

Discharge in Dark Charge stance is situational at best. The immediate benefit is multiple targets get hit, but it ends there (useful for stopping caps). The -5% accuracy is worthless when 80-90% of the abilities being used are abilities with an inherent +10% accuracy (tech/force) on top of whatever extra they have in the stat itself. Meaning at best you might get them back down to 100%, but more likely 103% or so. This is why Discharge is only really used with the DPS specs and hybrids as opposed to anything within the Dark Charge stance.

Thanks that's super good to know. So when I'm playing 31/0/10 i ideally wouldn't want to be using discharge either?

so I tried Arika, I absolutely hate it :p

it's like deception with 1 healing ability (death field)... I'm a glass cannon... Jedi knights, commandos and such eat me up in seconds. Maybe its a gear problem, I'll try it again later when I have better gear, but now, I feel useless, so I went back to 31/1/9, where I can be of some use, guarding people and actually surviving longer.

maybe I'll try the other one later as well.

What gives Arika the edge over Deception (imo) is that there is no setup on the burst. It is completely unpredictable and you can start the burst and just keep going. I personally favour it over infil because I'm aware of how to use the style. It doesn't play like infil, so don't try to imitate it that way.

It plays like itself :p

I've been running your 0/13/28 spec ever since you first announced it (before you made the video :p, I have your mrrobot page bookmarked) and absolutely love it. I was curious about stats though. It looks like you run 900 power but only with 18% crit unbuffed. As of right now I'm at about 400 power, 28% crit unbuffed, 76.88% surge, 96% accuracy, 1600 willpower, and 1123 expertise. 18% crit sounds a little disheartening for me, even with recklessness thats only every 75 seconds with stalker set bonus, so I wanted to know why you think the power is worth the loss in crit.

My armoury is geared for KC/Infil, not 13/28. 13/28 needs the crit, roughly 25%+.

Edited by Xinika

I'll try out your 23/1/17 Hybrid and see how that goes. Sith assassin in Stalker Battlemaster (1 war hero augmented) gear.

Edit, holy crap, this build kicks butt.

Edit 2: Video to boot. Not the best example, but it works.

Edited by Grogget

I'll try out your 23/1/17 Hybrid and see how that goes. Sith assassin in Stalker Battlemaster (1 war hero augmented) gear.

Edit, holy crap, this build kicks butt.

Edit 2: Video to boot. Not the best example, but it works.

Glad you enjoy it :).

Nice video man/girl (what do i know? xD)

I kinda resently dinged 50 with my assassin and i am woundering about statpriority?. Is it worth stacking crit over 30% if not, why? As a deceptionassassin i kinda feel that u live on your crits! As i check around the net it seams like the statpriority is (for pvp) Expertise > Accuracy to 105% > Crit 30% >Critical multiplier 75% and power as a last resort.

Is this priority correct? Its pretty much this i find everywhere. Feel free to comment, discuss =)

May I know what spec you are aiming for? Different specs require different stat allocation.

Just thought I would pop in and give my thoughts on the 23/1/17 spec. Although my new toon is lvl 45 atm, in pvp, this spec really can do some damage and keep me alive just long enough to hold points against a couple of incomings..

My main Assassin is 7/34/0 which I simply love because it has huge bursts of pain, movement and escape. Having switched to the dull 31/0/10 - sure its a great spec but you just dont have any kind of movement. Everything depends on guarding and AOEs.

But the 23/1/17 combines both and thus far really enjoying it. But I do have a question - 2 points in Impact control(Hollow) for SA, can I ask why? Are you using a shield or focus off hand? Because if its focus(which I like), its 2 points that I could use elsewhere.

To those thinking about this spec - go for it!

My question for the 23/1/17 has to do with popping Recklessness/relic/Adrenal. Is it best to do this after energize is procced, followed by a death field and then Thrash? I think I'm doing it wrong. I'm relatively min/maxed with mods. But I feel like I should be getting a little more "fist" out of my hits. I think maybe I'm using my reck/relic/adrenal at the wrong time.

Just thought I would pop in and give my thoughts on the 23/1/17 spec. Although my new toon is lvl 45 atm, in pvp, this spec really can do some damage and keep me alive just long enough to hold points against a couple of incomings..

My main Assassin is 7/34/0 which I simply love because it has huge bursts of pain, movement and escape. Having switched to the dull 31/0/10 - sure its a great spec but you just dont have any kind of movement. Everything depends on guarding and AOEs.

But the 23/1/17 combines both and thus far really enjoying it. But I do have a question - 2 points in Impact control(Hollow) for SA, can I ask why? Are you using a shield or focus off hand? Because if its focus(which I like), its 2 points that I could use elsewhere.

To those thinking about this spec - go for it!

I wonder if it's for the 10% heal that you still get from hollow?

I wonder if it's for the 10% heal that you still get from hollow?

Yeah it could well be. But atm I dont have Overload saber until lvl 50. So its not worth the points(but I have spent the points in hollow) as Im now lvl46, I cant be bothered to respec lol.

My question for the 23/1/17 has to do with popping Recklessness/relic/Adrenal. Is it best to do this after energize is procced, followed by a death field and then Thrash? I think I'm doing it wrong. I'm relatively min/maxed with mods. But I feel like I should be getting a little more "fist" out of my hits. I think maybe I'm using my reck/relic/adrenal at the wrong time.

You use the relic/adrenal for the energize proc followed by a death field. That works just fine.

So now we get to see how this is runs minus the Relic/Adrenal combo. I'll probably be using this build for Rateds, or my 27/14/0 build. Not sure yet how Harnessed Darkness is going to shake out in WZs with the changes coming. I won't be going back and earning a whole new set of survivor gear so pretty much I'm gonna have to go for dps with survivability and utility. We should know in a couple of weeks.

So now we get to see how this is runs minus the Relic/Adrenal combo. I'll probably be using this build for Rateds, or my 27/14/0 build. Not sure yet how Harnessed Darkness is going to shake out in WZs with the changes coming. I won't be going back and earning a whole new set of survivor gear so pretty much I'm gonna have to go for dps with survivability and utility. We should know in a couple of weeks.

23/1/17 or 24/0/17 will be a stronger choice come 1.3 based on the changes.

Checking out your stats. You seem to stack Power before stacking Willpower. Right now, I have 1732 Willpower with 550 Power. My bonus damage is 556. Should I stack more power for the 23/1/17 spec, because we're more reliant on thrash's damage?

if she would have stack power she dould have took power augments instead of willpower.

you just need 30% with buff of crit, after its power and surge that rules the world

You can actually click on the Armory link in the poster's signature. You can see exactly what gear he has. He has 1631 Willpower and 908 Power, which provides 592 bonus damage. I currently have 1732 Willpower and 606 power, which gives me roughly 500 bonus dmg. His mods are 51 Will & 39 Power, but I'm replacing all my Mods with 64 Will & 12 Power (ripped from the Sorc Mystic gloves). I'm not finished gearing up either.

I always thought Willpower & Power added equal bonus damage, but the advantage of Willpower is that it also provides points to crit. Just curious why you're stacking power over Willpower.

I always thought Willpower & Power added equal bonus damage, but the advantage of Willpower is that it also provides points to crit. Just curious why you're stacking power over Willpower.

Concerning my WP augments:

"I do that because I switch to a lot of different specs. Some that require more crit (IE: Balance/Madness). The difference between having power augments and willpower augments in terms of power gain isn't anything dramatically noticeable."

Edited by Xinika

Im curious as to how well you think the 13/28 "Arika" build will be doing after patch 1.3. Its what i currently run and I love it, but am wondering if i should start gearing out for different stats for a different build with the changes to the relic/adrenal burst.

Im curious as to how well you think the 13/28 "Arika" build will be doing after patch 1.3. Its what i currently run and I love it, but am wondering if i should start gearing out for different stats for a different build with the changes to the relic/adrenal burst.

I'll need to do more testing but it may end up favouring high crit. I can definitely see it doing well in 1.3 though.

I have another gameplay/commentary video up about the 23/1/17 build.

23/1/17 is going to be a strong teamplay spec in 1.3. It already is now, and it may cause some full Darkness-specced to flock to it even further.

Is Resolve Armoring 27 in game? Or u just added it for some reason.

Havent seen any 27 in our server and nobody i asked either

Cybertech.

Edited by Xinika

I'll need to do more testing but it may end up favouring high crit. I can definitely see it doing well in 1.3 though.

Even beyond the relic/adrenal boost, this is a very good spec because a lot of the damage bypasses resistances. It's what I would run if I weren't called upon to MT Ops (which I do in 23/1/17).

23/1/17 is going to be a strong teamplay spec in 1.3. It already is now, and it may cause some full Darkness-specced to flock to it even further.

Depends. There's a Warlord Shadow on my server that thinks I'm stupid for not going a full 31 in Darkness. I think he's short sighted.

Raid drops.

Luck mostly then.