LFG tool is missing one -very- important part to it.

Sulfuren

The part that it teleports you back to where you took the travel option after you leave or complete the FP.. and not just take you right to the fleet.

Other than rare moments where this would be nice, It kinda sucks that I have to travel -all- the way back to the planet I was questing on to use it, especially the planets with long load times for some people. ( Tatt, Belsav, ..Corella.*shudder* )

Only thing I might see being the reason is "turning" in the FP after, that could be fixed to just having the quest turn in take you back to where you were questing.. or turning it in somehow still in the FP like Boarding party...

It's missing other features, too, but yes, that is particularly bad given how focused this game is on your quest.

As it is now, the tool totally interrupts what you're doing. The teleport is convenient, but without teleporting back it's not much more convenient than hanging around the fleet and forming a group.

Maybe.... but I find that after a flashpoint I typically have stuff to do with my cargo, gear, and consequently GTN. Especially when I get alloy drops. A quick craft and a quick post on GTN for more creds. :) Maybe it should give the option? I don't mind either way.

Greetings,

This is a common community request and is something we are considering for the future, as explained by Development Director Antonia Phillips:

Shuttling to Starting Location:

One of the issues most commonly noted is that you are not returned to your original location when you end/exit a Flashpoint or Operation.

This is not a bug; let me explain that a little bit better!

In the game today, without the Group Finder, when you exit a Flashpoint or Operation you are NOT shuttled back to your original location - you're taken to the entrance.

Although this is currently how the Flashpoint and Operation exit technology functions, we understand the importance of modifying this functionality, especially for the Group Finder. We already have a plan to provide this as soon as possible. The moment we know what update this can be included with, we will let you know!

We hope this gives a bit more insight into our future plans for the Group Finder Tool. Read her full post for other details on Group Finder.

The tool does not change the mechanics of the flashpoints and I guess it was relatively easy to add a port to the start of it. Exiting the flashpoint in the normal way allows you to complete any associated mission, whether that is a story or a daily/weekly from the mission terminal.

What I would like to see is for the game to remember where you were and give a single use pass to return you to that point. This would also allow you to visit bank, vendor, mission terminal, GTN etc. prior to returning to your regular questing.

It is a problem if you get into a pug, and after you transport people are leaving. So you stay there, trying to see if other ppl come. If not, you have to go all the way to the fleet. Probably people are abusing this sometime, just to get a quick travel to Ilum to do dailies.

It's good that devs are considering it, and hope it'll be implemented soon!

Its also missing anoher vital feature .... Tanks

At least in Tomb of freedom Nad, you can be queued for ages unless you carry a tank with yourself.

Also, no lockout when LFG gets bugged because replacement, and maybe dont allow undergeared people to queue for Hard Modes, and by undergeared i mean people in greenies ...

Don't we need totals to the quest giver after the flashpoint anyways? So it makes perfect sense to be ported back to the fleet. Oh dear 5 mins of time wasted travelling.g back to the planet.:rolleyes:

No, it doesn't make perfect sense - the Exit Area button could just as easily take you back to where you were to start with instead of ejecting you out on the sidewalk. See the post from BW above.

Dungeons should be run and done, not run and take a shuttle to a space station to take an elevator to a transition screen to a hallway to another elevator to a transition screen to a ship to a loading screen to a space station to a shuttle to a loading screen to a taxi to a place maybe sorta near where you were so you can hop on a moped and spend 3 more minutes getting back.

The way it is now is absolutely 100% not perfect sense in any sense of the word perfect. :rolleyes:

Edited by jgelling

The part that it teleports you back to where you took the travel option after you leave or complete the FP.. and not just take you right to the fleet.

Other than rare moments where this would be nice, It kinda sucks that I have to travel -all- the way back to the planet I was questing on to use it, especially the planets with long load times for some people. ( Tatt, Belsav, ..Corella.*shudder* )

Only thing I might see being the reason is "turning" in the FP after, that could be fixed to just having the quest turn in take you back to where you were questing.. or turning it in somehow still in the FP like Boarding party...

I agree

Greetings,

This is a common community request and is something we are considering for the future, as explained by Development Director Antonia Phillips:

We hope this gives a bit more insight into our future plans for the Group Finder Tool. Read her full post for other details on Group Finder.

It's nice to see BW is aware of the issue. From a random flashpoint exit there are no less than a dozen different elevators, shuttles, transition and loading screens to get back to where you were, plus taxis and/or warp points plus additional travel time.

That's at least a solid 5+ minutes of dead time, at least. That's hugely discouraging to mix in dungeons into personal questing.

Edited by jgelling

It will be adressed probably, and look something like this.

Patch 1.3.2

General

Group Finder

"the group finder now teleports the player back to the starting position they were in rather than the Fleet"

it will be in in time :) Then ya'll can find something else to complain about! lol :p

No, it doesn't make perfect sense - the Exit Area button could just as easily take you back to where you were to start with instead of ejecting you out on the sidewalk. See the post from BW above.

Dungeons should be run and done, not run and take a shuttle to a space station to take an elevator to a transition screen to a hallway to another elevator to a transition screen to a ship to a loading screen to a space station to a shuttle to a loading screen to a taxi to a place maybe sorta near where you were so you can hop on a moped and spend 3 more minutes getting back.

The way it is now is absolutely 100% not perfect sense in any sense of the word perfect. :rolleyes:

You sir, have been seriously spoiled by WoW.

You sir, have been seriously spoiled by WoW.

Heh, well I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the LFG tool to be competitive with the 8 year old market leader.

It wouldn't be as bad but unlike WoW, SWTOR is filled with annoying loading/transition screens on the many totally needless elevators and orbital space stations.

If they didn't want instant teleport, and instead wanted to get rid of the elevator transitions and scrap the planetary orbital space stations, I'd be all for that too.

Why wouldn't you be in favor of more instant teleport options? They can do it, so why not? It makes the game less of a grind. It's a game - it's not like it's "lazy" to expect a game not to waste your time on loading screens.

Edited by jgelling

Personally I love the fact that exiting a flashpoint with a group finder group takes you to the actual instance entrance. Makes it easy to hand in the FP quest as a group, and then visit some vendors, trainers and maybe the GTN on the fleet. I hope that if they add a "return to where you were" option, it doesn't become automatic and mandatory. Handing in the FP quests together would pretty much be off the table if that were to happen. I liked the idea that was mentioned on the first page, to give people a temporary pass back to their previous location which they can then decide to use... or not.