dps melees gimped in all ops missions?

I just help thinking that for most operations why would raid leaders would choose a melee dps over a range dps?

If we look at the boss fights such as Droid XRR-3, Gharj, Bonethrasher etc.. they all have melee dps counters so it will be more efficient running range dps instead.

Does anyone think the same too?

My melee DPS provide much more witty banter on vent, so I bring at least 2 of them everytime we run.

All kidding aside, as the other guy said nothing in this game is hard enough to require minmaxing when putting together an Ops group. In addition, I prefer to bring 2 marauders for their bloodthirst group buff. I put all the DPS in the same group and they chain 2 bloodthirsts for 30 secs of the 15% dmg buff. Depending on the situation I will split them so that we can provide the bloodthirst buff to both groups in the Ops. For those that havent discovered yet, the bloodthirst ability from marauders increases all dmg by 15% for the group for 15 secs but it only applies to the 4 person group the marauder is in.

I personally try not to take one class over another when choosing Ops makeup, with certain exceptions:

1. 1 Healer must be Sorcerer (Sadly the AOE healing circle they have is OP and any Operation without it is seriously gimping itself)

2. I prefer to have an even split Melee/Ranged DPS (This one is because as a guild leader I like to share the wealth and dont want people to feel left out because they rolled melee. Oh and for the marauder bloodthirst buff, lol)

3. I prefer to bring 1 of each class so that we have all buffs possible. (My current HM Ops group is actually missing an Imperial Agent so we have to miss out on the 5% crit buff, I think our lives would be much easier regarding engrages etc, if we had this buff, thankfully our first sniper just hit 50 yesterday)