Huttball update for Dev's

Skjoldr

Yesterday we were participating in various pvp ventures and during Huttball we found some very specific things that we wanted to bring up.

During the game a player gets a medal for completing xx thing. For example, doing 10k damage gets you a medal, 25k damage gets you a Soldier medal I think, Assassin is solo kill. Things like this. We were testing the actual mechanics using throw and seeing the various ways to move the ball down the field. I scored 3 times and passed the ball twice to someone who stepped across the score line within 3 seconds. None of those contributed anything to my score as far as I could tell. I had [3 kills and 2 deaths](intentionally), we wanted a very low score from killing to see what would happen.

Results: Our team won. I had 3 scores, 2 score line passes, 6,100ish exp, less com's and money too. My "guard" has 8kish exp more com's and so forth.

I just wanted to bring this up to see if this is by design or a switch not turned on. Thanks for your time.

Edited by Skjoldr

It's so that one person doesn't just try to "hog" the ball and score repeatedly by himself, I guess.

Xp and credit rewards are based off level. Wz comms are based off how many medals you earn. I believe its 5 wz comms per medal.

You can get medals by

Doing damage 3-4 medals for different ammounts of damage

Guarding allies 3-4 depending on ammount of protection

Healing allies 3-4 medals depending on ammount of heals

Death blow

solo kill

defender points 1k

There's more im sure

Edited by Raekwon

You probably never checked untill you scored. Did you score in beta?

Cause I noticed when I played hutball. But it wasn't until I actually scored with the huttball which contributed to a win was when I looked at the scoreboard and found no reward =(.

Edited by Jaien

Xp and credit rewards are based off level. Wz comms are based off how many medals you earn. I believe its 5 wz comms per medal.

You can get medals by

Doing damage 3-4 medals for different ammounts of damage

Guarding allies 3-4 depending on ammount of protection

Healing allies 3-4 medals depending on ammount of heals

Death blow

solo kill

defender points 1k

There's more im sure

Did you mean to quote me? Cus I know that stuff and it has nothing to do with what I said.

You probably never checked untill you scored. Did you score in beta?

Cause I noticed when I played hutball. But it wasn't until I actually scored with the huttball which contributed to a win was when I looked at the scoreboard and found no reward =(.

This is the most likely scenario. I never really looked in Beta. Well that is interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a juggernaut in almost full pvp gear I run the ball in hutball A LOT. I probably score on avg 3x a match, but its not uncommon that I score all 6. In the matches where I go about scoring only and dont do damage, kills etc, I tend to have 3-4 medals (occasional killing blow and guard medals, sometimes heal medals for medpac use). If I dont carry the ball, or in every other PvP zone, I tend to always have 8-11 medals. So basically by scoring and helping my team win the Hutball matches, I myself am set back at least 20 commendations and 200 valor at a minimum. Playing Hutball a majority of my matches (yay empire....). thats probably already added up to 2-3k commendations lost and God only knows how much valor.

At this point in time, I tend to win my dailies as fast as I can. I will take 0 medals for all I care just to get the 3 wins. After that, I get selfish, win or lose and just farm medals. The game doesnt reward winning enough to offset the loss in medals.

If they make a hutball scoring medal it would be nice, but inherently a lot of people will hog the ball. I think if you make scoring "medal worthy" then assists (passes) should be as well. Say like in hockey the last 2 passes will offer an assist for equal value as a score. Get medals for getting either 1 of the 2 (score or pass) and another medal for 3 of the same (pass or score) or 5 total (mix). This should also give objective points as well. I am baffled that no objective points are given for scoring... last I checked the objective in hutball is to score. So funny when I score 6x and have 400 objective points, and some random person for whatever reason has 2k obj points.

This is why people don't pass or score. You don't get rewarded for actually completing the objective, but you get rewarded for avoiding the objective.

Makes perfect sense now.

This^^^

In my last TL;DR post (just above), my second point is that after getting my daily done. I just play selfish and get medals. Who cares if you actually do the objective or not, it gives nothing.

This in turn basically means the objective of hutball (scoring), is pointless; win by scoring, but lose in the long run by getting less medals.