shockbroken water

Vakyoom

I know you guys (bioware) broke this item on purpose, and i know why you broke this item but that doesn't mean you needed to do it the way that you did it.

One simple phrase: Can not be used while stealthed.

Problem solved, now shadows/ops can't use it cheap-ily in the middle of combat by using their vanish ability.

As a marauder, it was actually kind of nice to get a bit of hp back after the 20+ sec it takes to remove yourself from combat sometimes. You could also make it so you can't r-click the hydrated buff off of you.... Then you couldn't spam it (even tho it had a 10 sec cd)

But no, breaking this item for everyone is a much better idea.

Also, ~100 extra valor per wz must've really made someone upset... guess that's breaking the game when things like operations or master looter don't even function properly. Same thing goes for surge (though its a bit off topic), glad you messed with that instead of making alacrity useful.

great job.

long story short... Why not use your brains for once before just breaking things? just one time guys...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm I noticed you left out the fact that you no longer get 2 extra medals...how convenient.

If you need a heal so bad level biochem and get reusable med-pack.

except the part where i mentioned the 100 valor... which is what 2 medals are worth.

next...

idiots thinking it's in combat or something.

Actually this item still gives 2 medals. They didnt remove that. Its only that the item is not reusable so someone would need to farm them in order to get the medals every warzone which most wouldnt bother.

it didn't even heal me in the warzone earlier so idk where your info is coming from.

it didn't even heal me in the warzone earlier so idk where your info is coming from.

Testing. It still heals for 50% of your max health, it still gives the 2.5k and 5k healing medal. It simply gets consumed by using. So if you are so hardcore to farm it between every warzone you can still use it once per warzone.

It works, but is consumed on use.

I suppose if you hung out on hoth and just used it and the end of the match to get the buff back then ran up the mountain you could get medals. Honestly I didn't use it for medals, I used it because it took 30s to get out of combat and the faster I was back in the better, standing around an extra 10s to heal hoping nobody decides to do anything about me was rather punishing for non-healing or stealthing class.

I know you guys (bioware) broke this item on purpose, and i know why you broke this item but that doesn't mean you needed to do it the way that you did it.

One simple phrase: Can not be used while stealthed.

Problem solved, now shadows/ops can't use it cheap-ily in the middle of combat by using their vanish ability.

As a marauder, it was actually kind of nice to get a bit of hp back after the 20+ sec it takes to remove yourself from combat sometimes. You could also make it so you can't r-click the hydrated buff off of you.... Then you couldn't spam it (even tho it had a 10 sec cd)

But no, breaking this item for everyone is a much better idea.

Also, ~100 extra valor per wz must've really made someone upset... guess that's breaking the game when things like operations or master looter don't even function properly. Same thing goes for surge (though its a bit off topic), glad you messed with that instead of making alacrity useful.

great job.

long story short... Why not use your brains for once before just breaking things? just one time guys...

Bioware didn't break anything .... they actually fixed something that allowed Assassins/Shadows/Operatives/Scoundrels to dramatically instaheal themselves in the middle of fight just because their in-combat stealth ability took them out of combat for a few seconds.

You're obviously upset because you didn't abuse this item the shockfrozen water .. u just used it to get a few extra medals to get some much needed valor / commendations

Maybe Bioware plans on making the Warzone Medpacs or the Rakata Medpacs give you those medals somewhere down the line?? Maybe .... Maybe not ... but its just a few medals that you've lost no big deal.

What some of these stealth classes were doing in warzones was absolutely ridiculous. All because of pure shockfrozen water and no amount of medals is worth that.

Edited by DrIzzt-DoUrden

I don't even understand why it was healing to begin with. You're really concerned that they fixed an obvious exploit?

Again, if DPS classes are going to get an automatic 2 healing medals, where's the item that instantly deals 5K damage, so my healing Operative can get the 2.5K and 5K damage medals?

Edited by raelimar

Ah, so they fixed it. Thanks BW for fixing an obviously broken item. I know some people will hate losing a cheap and easy massive instant heal out of combat that gives free medals for absolutely no reason- but everyone sensible knows it wasn't working as intended.

its been broken since beta? no... it got *****ed and moaned about so much that they appeased the masses. You realize every char could get this right? it's not exclusive to non-healers or anything... merely helpful.

did i survive before i knew about it? offf course.

am i still gonna murk you noobs all day? of course you idiots

was it nice to not spend 40 sec getting out of combat and healing up? yes... no whining, and i certainly am not crying like the babies who wanted this item removed. Just curious as to what they were thinking, as usual.

xD

Bioware didn't break anything .... they actually fixed something that allowed Assassins/Shadows/Operatives/Scoundrels to dramatically instaheal themselves in the middle of fight just because their in-combat stealth ability took them out of combat for a few seconds.

You're obviously upset because you didn't abuse this item the shockfrozen water .. u just used it to get a few extra medals to get some much needed valor / commendations

Maybe Bioware plans on making the Warzone Medpacs or the Rakata Medpacs give you those medals somewhere down the line?? Maybe .... Maybe not ... but its just a few medals that you've lost no big deal.

What some of these stealth classes were doing in warzones was absolutely ridiculous. All because of pure shockfrozen water and no amount of medals is worth that.

you clearly didnt read my OP, they could've made it so it doesn't work in stealth. That's all that needed to happen.

And again, ANYONE could get that item.

sense of entitlement comment is also hilarious. keep moving troll.

Problum, exploiter?

an exploit that has been known about and used since beta? Oh and is usable by all characters/races/classes?

crying babies got it removed. community sways the board to the whiners side again lololol, guess this mmo will be just like the rest only filled with more fail.

edit -- lol if it gave you a medal then that's even funnier... My only one time use water, bugged out and didn't do what it was supposed to lol. nice.

Edited by Vakyoom

you clearly didnt read my OP, they could've made it so it doesn't work in stealth. That's all that needed to happen.

Anyone can get a gun and start shooting people as well.

Do that excuse the ones who actually go and do it?

Its same case here, massive exploit was fixed, exploiter is buthurt.

Nothing more needs to be said, move on and if you want heals bring a healer, if you want healing medals roll a healer.

Edited by Lerdoc

I quoted your OP and definitely read it. I also provided a possible solution Bioware should look into concerning the Warzone & Rakata Medpacs as they heal for a lot and do not provide any of the medals the Pure Shockfrozen Water did.

Making it so it doesn't work in stealth is probably a lot more difficult to do than you think. Making it a 1 time use I would imagine is a lot easier to do than you might think.

The reason I say that is they have claimed to have fixed issues in their patch notes like say for example the not getting credit for a win bug ... that has been mentioned in their patch notes before and the bug still existed for a time. So this goes to show you that they can 'fix something' and test it and then put it on the live servers only to find out it is still not working as intended.

Which brings us back to why they made the water thingy a 1 time use. Why bother trying to code it so that you cannot use it in stealth? when you could just make the Warzone / Rakata Medpacs provide players with the same medals .... making the item a 1 time use is step 1 in my opinion. They need to follow up by enabling the Warzone / Rakata Medpacs to provide players with healing medals if they are in fact healing themselves for the required amount.

You're clearly so worked up over 2 medals Bioware has taken away from your warzones ... its not that bad.

Edited by DrIzzt-DoUrden

These topics show that there are people who will argue for any broken mechanic as long as they benefit from it.

Do you really think a non-consumable *quest* item that heals for 50% instantly out of combat isn't too good? Not to mention the two free medals it gave, one of which is difficult for even healers to obtain.

Just because everyone could benefit from it doesn't mean it isn't broken.

Anytime I get a negative debuff applied to my character, I just right-click it. Working as intended right?

Actually you can't.

But you could with the water.

But even better, they removed the heal medals from using medpacks in warzones. Water still gives non-healing classes healing medals. Must be working as intended. I don't know about everyone else, but I hate having to use situational awareness. Waiting those horrid 15 seconds or so to regen fully after a fight. It's like, what gives? Does Bioware really expect us to have the mental capacity for something this difficult?

Edited by Ethurian