Customisation Kiosk - What will you change?

Farstrider

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really look forward to changing the makeup on my trooper, thought that it was something barely visible but it ended up being something used for a nice musical number. Does not fit her at all. Would welcome more options when it comes to makeup as well.

I haven't decided what I'm going to change yet... might change my Inquisitor from a human to a Sith. On a side note, does anyone know if you can change to sex of your character? One of my mains is a Consular and I can't stand how the male voice sounds >.>

I'm going to guess against the ability to change a character's gender as in the past they've said no to gender change as there are story flags that are tied to gender and it isn't a simple aesthetic change. Of course no one will know for certain until either they specifically say yay or nay, or 2.1 is launched. Supposedly more info is planned for release this coming week so we'll see what this next round of announcements bring...

It all depends on just how much they are going to charge for things and how cool the new options are. They will have to be dirt cheap for me to get over resenting the barbershop being an extension of the cartel market enough to use it. (If they are dirt cheap or there is a way to use credits for them, I'd like to tweak my Mirialan's skin color. It's a much brighter green in game than it was in character creation.)

Maybe I'll change the colour of my assassin's eyes. For some reason I made them a golden brown that doesn't fit the family tree at all. Then again, maybe I won't.

My sentinel would look better with a slightly less Kermit-green hue and if they offer new hairstyles she might get one, otherwise I'm quite happy with the way my chars look.

Hm, maybe my sniper could use a cooler hairstyle too but it sorta fits him and I'm getting used to it. :p

A lot of it will depend on just how much it will cost and if I have to pay CCs for everything or if I can get away with credits for changing between existing "old" options.

For me, to be honest, if its credits i may alter a lot on various characters just for the change, something to do, check out a new look for a while.

If its only CC/Real Cash, nothing, and probably nothing ever.

I make my character so i am happy with them, but if i then have to pay additional real money to play around with him down the line, i wont do it, ill just rely on gear to make changes to my look.

This isn't a dig at the Cartel Shop, i just will not spend any money beyond my subscription on the game.

In WoW i altered my mains hair slowly over time for some silly RP thing showing how as he aged and the stress of raiding took its toll he went from dark to white hair. It was silly, it was fun, it was cheap. If it had cost me even a dime beyond my subscription i wouldn't have done it. Call me cheap, but as others i agree these sorts of basic/small alterations should be in game credits only for subscribers.

Like Wow Race/Sex/Class changes, sure charge away.

Edited by Zilik

If it were up to me, I'd add an option to this "kiosk" for subscribers to be able to swap armorings/mods/enhancements/augments/barrels/hilts FREE OF CHARGE at the station. Swapping mods while on the go, or for F2P/preferred players would continue to incur fees.

It just seems hypocritical that they tout a "customization" update, charge you for cash shop items, then gouge you again in credits to swap mods to make these things usable. If they truly wanted us to customize, they should also remove slots restrictions and class restrictions from armorings rather than adding more restrictions.

If it were up to me, I'd add an option to this "kiosk" for subscribers to be able to swap armorings/mods/enhancements/augments/barrels/hilts FREE OF CHARGE at the station. Swapping mods while on the go, or for F2P/preferred players would continue to incur fees.

It just seems hypocritical that they tout a "customization" update, charge you for cash shop items, then gouge you again in credits to swap mods to make these things usable. If they truly wanted us to customize, they should also remove slots restrictions and class restrictions from armorings rather than adding more restrictions.

Wut? Customization Kiosk is for changing the way your character looks, it has nothing to do with gear mods. And the price for mod removal is pretty low, btw, maybe 9k for a piece of arkanian mod? That is like superhard to get...

can anyone confirm if there will be a rename service or not?

If you cant rename your character, then I wont be doing any customization. the looks of my character determine the name. It wont make any sense to offer character customization, such as species change, and not have a rename service, I hope it will be included.

Wut? Customization Kiosk is for changing the way your character looks, it has nothing to do with gear mods. And the price for mod removal is pretty low, btw, maybe 9k for a piece of arkanian mod? That is like superhard to get...

Price of mods is manageable for some, but it can still hinder peoples willingness to purchase and or customize their appearance.

9k credits per armoring/mod/enhancement/augment plus the cost of a new augment kit and cost of installation of a new augment slot gets pretty expensive. Multiple that by 7 armor pieces plus a main hand and offhand and changes begin to become cost prohibitive. I have 16 characters on Harbinger, (one of each advanced class) all with fully augmented orange/purple armor and gear. I can buy them all new outfits, real money is easy, it's a shortage of in-game credits that will prevent me from doing so. Customization is customization, regardless of whether it's physical appearance or outfit.

It depends on whether or not there are any new customization options added because for the most part, my characters look exactly like I want them to look given the options currently available.

Yeah, a new option would have to be appealing to me, otherwise I'm very happy with my characters so far. I might consider race changing one of my alts, I was trying to go for a diversity of races, but I do have 2 humans.

I'm more interested in the Armor dyes, and how those will work, but use will also depend on the look of the results.

Price of mods is manageable for some, but it can still hinder peoples willingness to purchase and or customize their appearance.

9k credits per armoring/mod/enhancement/augment plus the cost of a new augment kit and cost of installation of a new augment slot gets pretty expensive. Multiple that by 7 armor pieces plus a main hand and offhand and changes begin to become cost prohibitive. I have 16 characters on Harbinger, (one of each advanced class) all with fully augmented orange/purple armor and gear. I can buy them all new outfits, real money is easy, it's a shortage of in-game credits that will prevent me from doing so. Customization is customization, regardless of whether it's physical appearance or outfit.

Hmm, I guess I have to be hitting some language barrier here or I simply cannot understand what is your point.

You want to completely change how your gear looks because you make some changes to how your character looks? Why? I cannot imagine what kinds of changes to your face you would need to validate the need to completely replace how your armor looks.

So do we know everything in the kiosk will cost cc, or will it just be certain hairstyles, eye colors, etc.?

Also, I will probably not change much, especially since by 50 I'm so used to my character's appearance it would be weird to see.

Eye color, hairstyle, hair color, armor dyes, species change, and body type.

I'm totally excited for armor dyes, but I spent forever making sure each of my characters were exactly how I wanted them. I'll roll a Cathar from scratch, but unless there's a cool haircut or cyborg piece or whatever that matches some of those characters better, they'll all stay as-is.