DPSing from behind the boss as melee?

Dasset

Does damaging a boss from behind as melee in SW:TOR reduce the risk of a dodge/parry? I haven't seen any information regarding this, other then a guide that was made in beta, and it doesn't state any fact references for this to be in the game.

I read an article on SithWarrior.com stating that shielding in this game works from any angle. I think that article was mainly pertaining to PvP, however. I'll see if i can find the link for it.

Edit: Here's the link. http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-SW-TOR-Mechanics-The-Basics

It's the second point under Combat Basics section on the very first post. It wouldn't hurt to read rest of the thread for confirmation, I guess.

Edited by poasiodss

Yea I know people should avoid standing in front because of cleaves. Was jsut wondering about dodge/parry on bosses.

Anyway: I have a friend who have this (in my opinion silly) idea of him doing more damage, and getting more crits, from behind mobs... It isn't true, is it?

Pretty much impossible to know about dodge/parry, unless the manual says it somewhere I don't know about, since we don't have damage meters.

Regardless it is a very good idea, because most bosses have cleave/breath weapon attacks and AOE attacks and the like, and they'll be targeted at the tank, so just do it. :D