Galactic Starfighter Records (2.8+)

Camelpockets

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Epic DPS

2. That's not a Skybolt :)

I couldn't take a screenshot because bug so I asked sookat to take a screenshot. I was in a skybolt

I also didn't have a sub so i asked him to post it. but suddenly i had a sub.

Edited by tommmsunb

I couldn't take a screenshot because bug so I asked sookat to take a screenshot. I was in a skybolt

I also didn't have a sub so i asked him to post it. but suddenly i had a sub.

Ya, that bug has burned me quite a few times on many records (I'm honestly not kidding). It's too bad the perf tab or proof that it's a Skybolt couldn't be posted... you'd own those records for quite a while if so.

Ya, that bug has burned me quite a few times on many records (I'm honestly not kidding). It's too bad the perf tab or proof that it's a Skybolt couldn't be posted... you'd own those records for quite a while if so.

Klehitt knows that I literally only fly one ship :p

Scout TDM

Yuuko-san - IL-5 Skybolt - Damage Overcharge - The Ebon Hawk - 275.62 DPS http://i.imgur.com/GyrscbQ.jpg

Yuuko-san - IL-5 Skybolt - Damage Overcharge - The Ebon Hawk - 43 kills and assists http://i.imgur.com/GyrscbQ.jpg

Yuuko-san - IL-5 Skybolt - Damage Overcharge - The Ebon Hawk - Kill Streak 29 http://i.imgur.com/3bi6CF4.jpg

-speechless-

Can confirm - Yuuk doesn't have the flashfire stepped up yet (cuz the kid wants to play DOTA stead'a GSFin with his buds but maybe that $15 subscription will mean he plays a couple games more this month :p) S/O to Sookat for refilling Yuuko too - would not be possible without TEAMWORK, though I don't think a GS has the same DPS capabilities to keep up with scouts anymore (my highest in 2.7 was only 248).

Can confirm - Yuuk doesn't have the flashfire stepped up yet (cuz the kid wants to play DOTA stead'a GSFin with his buds but maybe that $15 subscription will mean he plays a couple games more this month :p) S/O to Sookat for refilling Yuuko too - would not be possible without TEAMWORK, though I don't think a GS has the same DPS capabilities to keep up with scouts anymore (my highest in 2.7 was only 248).

Once BR mobility got nerfed, it was never going to be easy to have really high GS DPS, because it depended on enemies coming to you in a certain way rather than the other way around. DO no longer being so good made it worse. Scout mobility means that there is much less "dead time" repositioning and not doing damage. Plus scout dps was always super high for some common builds.

I think in general 200 is about the max DPS for most games. The 270 record will stand for a long time (I think it's the all-time record for a full match). I'm going to guess the skybolt was TT/quads+pods/wingman, with the clarion topping it off continuously and lots of relatively low-mobility targets on the other team.

Once BR mobility got nerfed, it was never going to be easy to have really high GS DPS, because it depended on enemies coming to you in a certain way rather than the other way around. DO no longer being so good made it worse. Scout mobility means that there is much less "dead time" repositioning and not doing damage. Plus scout dps was always super high for some common builds.

I think in general 200 is about the max DPS for most games. The 270 record will stand for a long time (I think it's the all-time record for a full match). I'm going to guess the skybolt was TT/quads+pods/wingman, with the clarion topping it off continuously and lots of relatively low-mobility targets on the other team.

You would be correct about the build however the enemy was mainly blackbolts and a few strikes. There was one gunship pilot but I paid attention to him.

You would be correct about the build however the enemy was mainly blackbolts and a few strikes. There was one gunship pilot but I paid attention to him.

Called it! :p I'd use that build much more if we didn't have such a scout infestation on Shadowlands. I never really got used to using quads against scouts. Awesome vs basically everything else though. I wish we could use ship requisition to get separate copies of ships...

Called it! :p I'd use that build much more if we didn't have such a scout infestation on Shadowlands. I never really got used to using quads against scouts. Awesome vs basically everything else though. I wish we could use ship requisition to get separate copies of ships...

I find this build is actually better vs scouts at least on TEH. Their Dfield means nothing to me typically and I typically don't even need cooldowns to pop a scout. Honestly if every scout ran this build I feel like the environment would be used so much more in the meta for evasion instead of this stupid flying in a straight line pretending your safe crap that I see almost every scout pilot running.

But I'll definitely acknowledge that that dps wouldn't have been possible without clarion refills. The Pods add on so much. I could've actually had more the previous match because I was in a better zone but then the enemy figured out that spacing 4 gunships around me will kill me. We won but I ended up dying 3 times and ending with a 226 DPS. I'm sure it would've been higher.

Though on average without coordination I'd say this build gives me around 160-180 DPS every match depending on the map. Tending to be much lower on Denon and such. I usually don't go for DOs as much as I used to so TDM and Dom are about the same for DPS nowadays.

Though I actually think the highest potential dps comes from the rapid fire lasers instead of quads. Though the extra 1k in range actually makes an enormous difference when dealing with gunships. and synergizes better with the longer range rocket pods.

Edited by tommmsunb

A scout running a straight line is a bad scout, and soon to be a respawning scout. I think it's a credit to the pubs on Shadowlands that I don't usually see this. Well, except for the jousters. I love the jousters.

The range on rapids is a killer in most matches, unless your opposition is totally derp. For the potentially "spray" weapons, the only trade of range for potential +dps I take is LLC instead of laser. I'm just more of a sniper (marksman probably is more accurate) at heart instead of a close quarters type. Ironic since I make a living in this game with BLC, but it feels more effective for me to take single controlled shots with high effect than pointing on target for extended periods with trigger down.

A scout running a straight line is a bad scout, and soon to be a respawning scout. I think it's a credit to the pubs on Shadowlands that I don't usually see this. Well, except for the jousters. I love the jousters.

I'm a jouster myself. Mainly because I have confidence in my ability to get a bead on somebody faster than they can on me in almost all cases.

Sorry for the delay, but it's finally been updated :)

Looks like I've got some records to beat, right after I learn to use the F1-F4 keys to change power, not the 6 keys above the arrow keys. :p

Look, I've been on this thread for a long time... you've always stuck to your guns about what is allowed and what isn't allowed regarding ship-specific records - up until now. I'm actually pretty surprised you allowed a record to go into the ship specific records without the PROPER proof that it was real. To me, that's a lack of integrity and by allowing that record(s) to be put there struck down the solid integrity that you once had with this list.

Based on this, I'm no longer going to participate (I'm taking my toys and going home). Please remove any records you have listed for Cekis, C'ekis, Joray and Optikill. Thanks for something that once was fun and enjoyable.

Look, I've been on this thread for a long time... you've always stuck to your guns about what is allowed and what isn't allowed regarding ship-specific records - up until now. I'm actually pretty surprised you allowed a record to go into the ship specific records without the PROPER proof that it was real. To me, that's a lack of integrity and by allowing that record(s) to be put there struck down the solid integrity that you once had with this list.

Based on this, I'm no longer going to participate (I'm taking my toys and going home). Please remove any records you have listed for Cekis, C'ekis, Joray and Optikill. Thanks for something that once was fun and enjoyable.

A single exception for an impressive record set by a reputable pilot and verified by other trustworthy community members is probably not that big of a deal.

Even though there's no real doubt Yuko racked that up that crazy DPS in a scout, I'd have to say rules are rules and it should be a General record only. After all, I'd have the current top gunship damage if I'd not forgot to screenshot the req award or performance tab, so... tough break. Go do it again and get the right screen this time! : )

In that spirit, I tried but will have to settle for #2 gunship damage...

Gunship Deathmatch

Despon - Mangler - The Ebon Hawk - 129081 damage

Despon - Mangler - The Ebon Hawk - 155.71 DPS

Strike Fighter Deathmatch

Despon - Imperium - Begeren Colony - 35 Kills + Assists

Despon - Imperium - Begeren Colony - 14 solo kills

You can replace Desponn's records in those categories.

Don't mind my stupidity. I just looked and said "Oh hey, he didn't die!" so boom scout records lol. Kinda forgot that we don't actually have a picture of his ship.

Like I said. Don't mind the stupidity.

Also while i'm there: I thought that I took down Despon's 100% record in ended by timer... appearently not. Despon I'll look for your other one again and replace the 100% thing with the 94ish record (still more impressive than the 100% imo) [Fixed]

On that note: Did anyone happen to remember who held 5th in this category? I'll remove it, and when I have time I'll search for the appropriate spot.

This will temporarily be 5th until I can find another one:

Drakolich - Sting - Obsidian Squadron - The Bastion - 127.85 DPS

Again guys, sorry for the little mishap, raiding for about multiple hours straight 6 out of the 7 days of the week tends to lead to short and simple thought processes, which aren't always the correct ones. :(

Edited by Camelpockets

Don't mind my stupidity. I just looked and said "Oh hey, he didn't die!" so boom scout records lol. Kinda forgot that we don't actually have a picture of his ship.

Like I said. Don't mind the stupidity.

...<snip>...

Again guys, sorry for the little mishap, raiding for about multiple hours straight 6 out of the 7 days of the week tends to lead to short and simple thought processes, which aren't always the correct ones. :(

No worries at all. Based on the conversation about his records between Fractal, myself and Armondd saying "you would agree" then having it show up I thought this thread was done. Since you're sticking to your rules I really have nothing to complain about.

THAT being said, I know Armondd is a great vet pilot... I don't doubt that can be achieved (or that he can achieve it) and will commend ANY pilot that can show - without a DOUBT - that they did smash records... BUT... I STRONGLY (duh) feel we all need to stick to the same baseline if this means anything at all... sorry for the drama and thanks for sticking to your guns.

Edited by Cekis

Noticed this... Armondd is listed twice (once as Ar'mond and once as Yuuko-san):

KILLS AND ASSISTS

Kill Streak

1. Ar'mond - Sting - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 34 Kill Streak

2. Drakolich - Mangler - Obsidian Squadron - The Bastion - 33 Kill Streak

3. Pincer - Jurgoran - Obsidian Squadron - The Bastion - 30 Kill Streak

4. Yuuko-san - IL-5 Skybolt - Damage Overcharge - The Ebon Hawk - 29 Kill Streak

5. Optikill - S-13 Sting - Despair - The Harbinger - 26 Kill Streak

Edited by Cekis

A single exception for an impressive record set by a reputable pilot and verified by other trustworthy community members is probably not that big of a deal.

Love you man... but the point isn't that you've got backers... it's that we all follow the same rule in order to maintain the integrity of the records.

Think of it this way... if you and your friends ran a race on one track, but everybody else was in another... Now, say you ran a race on that track with your buddies and you ran REALLY FREAKIN' FAST - breaking the world record time. However, everybody else ran "normal" time on the main track. It's not like you can just waltz on to the other track and say, "I just SMOKED all of you and I can prove it because I had friends time me!" and have it be legit - EVEN IF YOU REALLY DID IT.

Sucks because you really did run that fast... but it can't be legit unless it was official. In this case, there's no proof that it was official. Sorry man... but I've been on the blunt end of that screenshot bug many times - AND the one where I didn't get the perf tab. Rather than submit that sweet record, I just let it go knowing I'll probably get that record again some other day.

So... just keep running that race and have faith that you'll run really freakin' fast on the same track as everybody else... when you do, make sure to have another screenshot program running... just in case. :rak_03:

Edited by Cekis