Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

Bumping this to the top because it deserves attention.

Also, again, anyone who is level 40+, can you post screenshots of the armor options at that point? Just in case MAYBE there's something in that level range without a hood that looks good?

That's what really sucks about this, there might be something awesome later on that is really worth it but its difficult to know because being an MMO, there's not a lot of solid documentation on the game yet.

I agree. If it's out there, I'd love to see it, but I was in beta for three weeks and never did. I don't think it is.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wanto to craft or wear another hooded robe ever again. Stopped playing my Knight because of it, it really kills visual progression. That hood down robe top we get from the commendation vendor on Tython was ok, why can't we have countless recolours of that instead? or orange schematics for it that Heavy armour Knights can use.

That hood down robe top we get from the commendation vendor on Tython was ok, why can't we have countless recolours of that instead? or orange schematics for it that Heavy armour Knights can use.

Meh, that one's decent, but I really want something more like this.

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/285998_S/star-wars-the-old-republic-jedi-knight-guide-an-elegant-guide-for-a-more-civilized-age.jpg

Or this.

http://www.swtorjediknight.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Miraluka.jpg

Or this.

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/38/853/27-mirahead.jpg

Or this.

http://www.games.lisisoft.com/img/5/8/5819-1-star-wars-the-old-republic-jedi-knight-class-trailer-hd.jpg

I mean... its ridiculous how often they've shown hood down versions in promotional screenshots and yet there isn't a single one in the *********** game. Which means that they clearly either meant to have a hood toggle and didn't implement it yet, or scrapped all the hood down versions for no reason, because they obviously already have the models available in the game.

People playing guardians really should realize something :

While you guys don't get the "hood down versions" of your gear, us sentinels...

Don't have "our gear" at all. It is hooded too, and not a SINGLE piece we get isn't a colour swap, while original art and pieces were promoted through different media.

Maybe they removed all the cool content so that they can put it in an update and pretend they actually worked or something. I don't see any other explaination.

Don't have "our gear" at all. It is hooded too, and not a SINGLE piece we get isn't a colour swap, while original art and pieces were promoted through different media.

Maybe they removed all the cool content so that they can put it in an update and pretend they actually worked or something. I don't see any other explaination.

Agreed Strayth, although I think the larger issue right now is the hood thing, because the gear variety for BOTH Guardians and Sentinels is kind of lacking right now.

The sad thing is, knowing how MMO's work, this isn't a high priority issue so we're likely looking at at least 6 months down the line til we can even see our character's face. Just incredibly frustrating.

You don't have the Sentinel piece with the big "round neck" and no hood that the guy in the video has?

Make sure to ask Stephen Reid this question on his Reddit on Wed. the 28th. He said we would have a hood toggle on Twitter and this is the time to ask:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19827-reddit-ama-with-stephen-reid-on-december-28

I would do it myself but I will be on an airplane.

I would love an answer.

Yes somebody please ask. I have no interest in reddit so someone else will have to do it tough. I will gladly keep this thread bumped until then.

200+ replies so far, everyone in agreement that we should have a hood toggle or at least robes with hood down. Other than Kira this is pretty clearly the biggest issue for the Jedi Knight class atm, and we already know Kira is getting fixed next patch... so maybe there is some hope.

Forget it prople BioWare dont listen, i made a post in midd 2010 about this issue and alot of people alredy then was saying the things you guys are saying now.

So yeah again to not have the option is just silly and actually makes it painful to look at the character. One would think BW from the start would actually be able to understand that this is a huge issue for players but noooo.

Forget it prople BioWare dont listen, i made a post in midd 2010 about this issue and alot of people alredy then was saying the things you guys are saying now.

So yeah again to not have the option is just silly and actually makes it painful to look at the character. One would think BW from the start would actually be able to understand that this is a huge issue for players but noooo.

Its not true that they don't listen, but they obviously have to prioritize gameplay issues before aesthetics.

That said, if it is important to us, its important to keep posting in this thread and keeping it near the top. The only more popular thread on this board is the Kira bug thread, and that's already being addressed in the next patch.

The other thing about this is it probably wouldn't be that hard to implement, so they could always slip it into a patch kind of quickly if they notice the Jedi Knight community really cares about this.

By the way, if you guys support this thread, make sure to rate it a 5. I just did.

The rating is down in the options when you make a post, under "Additional Options".

Doing it now, and someone remember to ask Stephen Reid on Reddit on the 28th about Hood Down armors and a toggle. He told us there would be one on Twitter so it is in his best interests to answer:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19827-reddit-ama-with-stephen-reid-on-december-28

Reminder of how ridiculous this is, here's the character creation screen:

http://www.rarityguide.com/articles/content_images/1/swtor/swtorjediknight.jpg

:mad:

I would honestly be happy if they just put this in as a moddable chest piece.

But I would be much happier with the toggle. The saddest thing about all this is how great a lot of the Jedi armors would look if I could only see the guy I made and not a bald man in a hood.

This is just plain silly!

Why in earth was this not implemented from day one?

Just one of the many fails I have discovered since playing.

DAOC did this over 5 years ago

Guild Wars has one if the best Armor/Clothing interfaces I have ever used.

TOR is years behind the curve here.

Please implement this feature as soon as possible. It really makes a difference from a role play perspective, and while for some this may seem like a small thing, it really is a game breaker for myself and others.

The best possible solution would be an appearance tab system like LOTRO, but even simply making the "show helmet" toggle in the UI settings apply to the hood on chest pieces would be a HUGE improvement.

At the minimum, at least add some mod-able Jedi armors that do not have the hood (the monstrosity that is the lvl 20 PvP armor doesn't count....yikes what an awful design)