Assault on Tython Bug?

I've run through Shadow of Revan numerous times so far and have always had the Assault on Tython flashpoint (all of them, actually) auto-bestow in the SOLO mode. However, this newest run with a level 53 character has me pulling my hair out in frustration. I've spoken to Darth Arkous for the first time, and the Assault on Tython FP keeps auto-bestowing as VETERAN. No amount of resetting, abandoning, or starting over is fixing it. If I talk to the droid by the FP entry point, the SOLO option doesn't even show up.

Any thoughts? This is the first time I've gotten a "baby" character to that point since the latest update.

I was in exactly the same position as yourself a couple of days ago, I eventually got the story mode option by levelling to 55. Not 100% sure that was the primary factor to the unlock, but I get the impression it was.

Thanks, I'll give this a go. I've never had problems in the past with starting at 53, as soon as the quest becomes available, but who knows if something has changed.

I was in exactly the same position as yourself a couple of days ago, I eventually got the story mode option by levelling to 55. Not 100% sure that was the primary factor to the unlock, but I get the impression it was.

That can't be working as intended. I'd ask you to writer a bug report, but... well, you know.

• 2 months later...

Just for general principle - this also worked for me.

I was level 54 Imp. Could not get Story mode no matter what, began da'google-sach.

Came across this thread, ran a a couple of dailies, dinged 55, tried again, and pretty as a picture - Story mode now working.

So there you have it. Unofficial, OFFICIAL SWTOR revised rules book - #6478: Must be level 55+ to begin SoR in Story mode.

• 2 months later...

Have the same problem, although i am lvl 58. The fp is too hard, i have no battle support droid and cant use coltostations. I am so angry.

I restarted the quest many times, bit didnt work. I cant continue with playinh, help

Have the same problem, although i am lvl 58. The fp is too hard, i have no battle support droid and cant use coltostations. I am so angry.

I restarted the quest many times, bit didnt work. I cant continue with playinh, help

You'll need to be outside any personal instance (e.g. go to the Fleet, but NOT your personal ship, nor a stronghold).

1. Abandon the "do the flashpoint" mission. Not the SoR mission, but the one for the flashpoint itself, with [VETERAN] in its name.

2. Right click your character portrait on the main display, and find "Reset active phases" in the menu. That removes the "open" flashpoint from your character.

3. Try again.

• 1 year later...
you'll need to be outside any personal instance (e.g. Go to the fleet, but not your personal ship, nor a stronghold).

1. Abandon the "do the flashpoint" mission. Not the sor mission, but the one for the flashpoint itself, with [veteran] in its name.

2. Right click your character portrait on the main display, and find "reset active phases" in the menu. That removes the "open" flashpoint from your character.

3. Try again.

you are a saint!