melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

MerkSauce

What are you on about? Those are player usable, the game just don't support it through competitive itemization.

I am aware they are technically player usable.. But you answered your owm responded to your own statement in the second part of your post..

I don't see to many players running around EC, KP, EV, or PVP with a techblade or an electrostaff.. Could be my server though... Who knows.. There is a lot of nutty people on my server.. My fleet looks like a dance party from the 70's.. Lots of disco balls and sparkles everywhere.. :D

Edited by MajikMyst

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never heard that

James Ohlen's duplicity: "For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting." There are many similar embarrasing post.

As for the November announcement? http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1998843558x0x587374/05e497e8-ca3a-4f0a-8f80-4a2d3216ad79/Q1FY13_Earnings_Release_w_PressTables_FINAL.pdf - EA Financial Report from Fiscal Year '13 First Quarter.

In case you have trouble finding it: "STAR WARS®: The Old Republic™ will move to a more accessible two-tiered pricing model in November". This is a far more reliable source than this website, so yeah... November it is.

I am aware they are technically player usable.. But you answered your owm responded to your own statement in the second part of your post..

I don't see to many players running around EC, KP, EV, or PVP with a techblade or an electrostaff.. Could be my server though... Who knows.. There is a lot of nutty people on my server.. My fleet looks like a dance party from the 70's.. Lots of disco balls and sparkles everywhere.. :D

That still effectively refutes your argument; You said they were pretty much companion-only. That is blatantly false. The catch is that there are no competitive iterations of said items. An event could easily introduce a competitive version of said items, in which case the situation would be as the poster originally said (and you disagreed with): A limited amount of people could use them. I realize you got no problem with this (and neither do I; all content in this game could probably be done with people using Techblades etc, my own guild got World #27 EC HM clear in Tioneese gear because we rerolled off our dead server one week before EC release).

As for the disco? Yeah, it's true, and it sadly feels so far from Star Wars as it could be, no resemblance at all to, say, Mos Eisley cantina or Jabba's Palace/Pleasure Barge :/

*facepalm* It's not a matter of opinion.

Everyone uses crystals. Everyone. PVE, PVP, every class. They were useful. Great reward. It created an after market and everything.

At 50, only 25% of people can use the bowcasters, and doing so outside of showing it off requires spending over A HUNDRED THOUSAND CREDITS just to remove the barrel to upgrade it to even rakata level, at which point it will be individually BoP even if you make the overarching weapon BoL because you used a standard barrel.

In 9 months, you've done 2 events. If this is the frequency, the rewards should have at least the potetial of being used by the level 50s that make up a majority of your still active playerbase.

Think, mcfly.

Or you could just overwrite the crappy barrel?:rolleyes:

The only true value of the Bowcasters is the fact that they are a legacy weapon. Aside from that fact, they are ugly as sin.

We barrel users dont get to show off our cool color crystals. Anyone useing a good rotation wont get to see blaster colors more then once or twice every 20 seconds, while in combat. We see jedi lightsabers ALL the time.

Someone come and give the babies their raddles. They are being awfully noisy.

to all you "wall of text'ers"

When you do a world event and you include weapons as something you can get with tokens then what they should do is Always include things for each class. They should never have just have the weapons for one or two classes.

The idea for the world event it to have people involved and doing it and having fun. If there is no rewards that a person can enjoy then you have failed at the event.

Sure there will be always some that don't like it but that is normal but to plan an event such as this you should always planned it correctly.

If you put weapons in then be sure there is weapons for everyone to use. That is only right and fair.

The planning they did was an half-baked idea. (and no I do not normally cricitize them). This event does not seem to be something they plannned correctly.

Besides the weapons the way the event was carried out was wrong. They did not take into consideration the server populations and some of the "jerks" on these servers. A world event should be fun for everyone but if you don't plan and organize it correctly it becomes a problem.

From what I have heard there is a lot of problems with the item you need to get. From my understanding you have to wait for someone else to get through using it. Why? They should have made it where that would not have happened.

The next event they really need to plan and orchestrate it better where they have less problems and the rewards are something interesting and unique and if they add weapons something that everyone can use. They should never alienate their players, that is not a good idea.

I'm having a brain fart. Which two out of eight are empire? I can only think of the agent. Neither the BH, the inq, or the warrior can use it.

There are blaster rifles and sniper rifles. He should have said 3/16: Vanguards, Operatives, and Snipers being the 3.

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!

hahahahahhahaa

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this is a straight up lie. your company made a bad decision, because your company is bad. the last event didn't offer rewards only to a specific group of people - everyone could use any item sold by the rakghoul vendor. you are pretty bad at spinning things.

typical bioware garbage.

Edited by Darth_Gao_Gao

why do these people all feel entitled to something, like they not only need it to enjoy the game. Rewards for a temporary world event have never been all encompassing in any game ever. WHERE DID THIS EXPECTATION COME FROM?

All the people saying they feel wronged... Explaing to me. What exactly did you get excluded from? Im pretty sure you are able to buy everything else everyone else can. Just because it isnt something your main character or whatever can actually equip, doesnt mean you cant buy or use it.

why do these people all feel entitled to something, like they not only need it to enjoy the game. Rewards for a temporary world event have never been all encompassing in any game ever. WHERE DID THIS EXPECTATION COME FROM?

All the people saying they feel wronged... Explaing to me. What exactly did you get excluded from? Im pretty sure you are able to buy everything else everyone else can. Just because it isnt something your main character or whatever can actually equip, doesnt mean you cant buy or use it.

Maybe because in the last event the concrete rewards (the crystals) WERE all encompassing? Maybe because it's been how many months since any content other than a pet was released? Maybe because it will be how many months until they might get something they can use?

Silly players-expecting that an event that gives concrete rewards would give them to everyone.

It never gets old seeing how the Biodrones suddenly scimper off whenever fact is presented ^^

You never presented one.. I just didn't see the point in arguing with someone who could not be reasoned with.. If you are going to nit pick and call yourself right then be my guest.. Your point is still not valid.. Have a nice day..

different colors of previously released pets are not new

different colors of existing social armor are not new

very limited numbers of characters use sniper rifles / blaster rifles and *very* few of the useful companions do as well

the titles are pretty unimaginative overall

the time for the whole world event is too short for me to run all my level 50s through it, and too long to run a single character. rewards for completely the whole thing do not engender enough tokens, if for some reason you *did* want to get one of each thing.

You never presented one.. I just didn't see the point in arguing with someone who could not be reasoned with.. If you are going to nit pick and call yourself right then be my guest.. Your point is still not valid.. Have a nice day..

It's tragically comical how you consistently avoid responding to obvious facts such as the EA quarterly financial report when it doesn't suit your argument :) Oh well, you have been thoroughly refuted at every corner and it is, fortunately, obvious.

Maybe because it's been how many months since any content other than a pet was released? Maybe because it will be how many months until they might get something they can use?

According to GamesCom interview with Gabe Amatagnelo the next event is scheduled to hit January. So far that is the best estimate... So 5~ months roughly. Worth waiting for if this GA event is an indicator of the quality? Naaah not really.

According to GamesCom interview with Gabe Amatagnelo the next event is scheduled to hit January. So far that is the best estimate... So 5~ months roughly. Worth waiting for if this GA event is an indicator of the quality? Naaah not really.

January? No can't be it's way too far away.

At worst they're going to have an event for F2P launch.

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!

So I will get to use the tokens that I earned here during the next event?

Until the answer to that question is "Yes", then every event needs to offer every class something beyond a pet or a Sandperson outfit.

It doesn't bring me any happiness to know that while I might have gotten short-changed here, someone else will get screwed over next time to make it all balance out.

Why not just offer a couple of weapons of each type during every event rather than have 6 or however many of a single type and let everyone else go without?

How is a smuggler or a BH or a force user supposed to feel really happy about this event? Even a commando is left out unless I missed the 'blaster cannon' bowcaster. All I saw were rifles and sniper rifles. 3 out of 16 advanced classes can get a weapon.

Everyone else is restricted to a pet and/or looking like a Sandperson.

Edited by Mithros

Next time, just offer us unique skins of each type and a I nice wide selection of ALL types of mods to choose from to outfit them. I mean not just barrels and hilts, how about occasionally giving us some legendary mods and enhancements to choose from. Seriously even if one of my toons used a rifle, which none of them do btw, none of the mod combinations in these things matches up to how I mod out my own stuff anyway.

I really wish I'd have looked at the vendor before I spent hours on the quests, lesson learned.

174K to remove a mod on a weapon I'll never use so I can put it in one I want to use? That's shameful