Sorc self healing in pvp leaves team minus players

dallaas

I have seen it time and time again, a sorc sitting in the corner doing whatever they do to themselves so they can in turn sit and heal themselves to obtain metals.

Now i'm all for being a little selfish and getting yourself medals but to be able to sit there for 1/2 the match and do nothing but heal yourself and get a additional 4-5 medals for it is ridiculous.

I watched this guy sit at a node and deplete his health then heal,deplete, heal then run away when the pubs showed up becuase he wasn't healed up yet and showed back up after we defended the node and continued to do it again ofr the rest of the map. Ended up with 12 medals and a bunch of MVP votes beacuse of all the "healing" he did. They need to limit the amount of medals if you are only self healing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always make a note of the name of whichever healer spam heals either myself or other team-mates before the wz has even started, they don't get my mvp vote.

I always vote for the player who has contributed most to the actual objectives rather than heals/damage/kills.

I always make a note of the name of whichever healer spam heals either myself or other team-mates before the wz has even started, they don't get my mvp vote.

I always vote for the player who has contributed most to the actual objectives rather than heals/damage/kills.

I was under the impression those heals do not amount to the match's total heals.

I was under the impression those heals do not amount to the match's total heals.

I am not sure if it does either but i assume it does because i can watch his medals going up & up every 30 secs or so.

It seems to take me forever to get 1 medal for defending a node while nothing is going on, but i watched this guy get medal after medal healing himself then run away when trouble does show up and i am dead in 5 secs.

I have never initiated a kck vote, can the person see who requested it?

I don't know if they do or not. If not, even better, the idiots are spamming for extra nothing then :D

Heals done before the wz start do not account for healing and medals. Also, most of those you see healing before wz start (me included) do it for the following 2 reasons:

1) It's the same as spamming "Hey guys i'm an healer!"

2) For scoundrels it builds up resources, same for commandos.

Call him out in the ops-chat and initiate a kick-vote.

LOL I did that once, and the damn sorc called me a noob that didn't know the class, she said she was doing it to get her force pool back up, even though we were idle at the time and she had a full force pool. Well except what she used up to heal herself from the self inflicted harm. And guess what happened to her next(and I admit I took great pleasure in it)? She died because while she was really winding herself up(down?) with it is when the enemy attacked:D

Heals done before the wz start do not account for healing and medals. Also, most of those you see healing before wz start (me included) do it for the following 2 reasons:

1) It's the same as spamming "Hey guys i'm an healer!"

2) For scoundrels it builds up resources, same for commandos.

Yea, for Mercs using Combat Support Cylinder(Commando's is Combat Support Cell, does the same thing), it gives them a buff to increase the amount of healing done:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/exIwNo8/combat-support-cylinder

While active, Rapid Shots charges your powercell with each use. Charges increase all damage and healing dealt, up to a maximum of 3% at 30 charges. In addition, targeting an ally with Rapid Shots will heal the target for 100% of your tech bonus healing. Only one cylinder can be active at a time.

Many healers do that for resource building. So by effectively managing their resource even before the match has started, they're already being a more valuable team asset than you are.

As for healers healspamming in corners, just initiate a vote-kick to get rid of them.

A perfect example of someone who doesn't understand the classes (or how some healers have to build resources) and penalizes people based on their own ignorance.

Here's hoping you don't get healed in the WZ.

I've done it - but only when I'm either on guard duty (no, it doesn't distract) or we're all at an objective waiting for the zone to finish.

You cannot get "that" many medals for doing it:

2.5k Heal

5k Heal

75k Total Healing

You'd have to do it for a fair amount of time if you we're also going to get the 300k healing (does that exist)?

I'm always surprised that self-heals do actually count. I never in a million years expect my first self-heal to count until that one day I did it and saw the medal pop-up.

I've done it - but only when I'm either on guard duty (no, it doesn't distract) or we're all at an objective waiting for the zone to finish.

You cannot get "that" many medals for doing it:

2.5k Heal

5k Heal

75k Total Healing

You'd have to do it for a fair amount of time if you we're also going to get the 300k healing (does that exist)?

I'm always surprised that self-heals do actually count. I never in a million years expect my first self-heal to count until that one day I did it and saw the medal pop-up.

I do it on my sorc healer in 2 situations:

1. I am left solo guarding a bunker/turret. Way too many times all the DPS/tanks run off leaving me there. So I'm gonna get something out of it.

2. We have clearly lost the match, so I want to try and get my next medal.

I never ever run away from a fight, i'll be in the thick of it healing my *** off any dying lots, sometimes even run in as the distraction so we can ninja cap.

Self heals HAVE to count, because when you are in the thick of a fight, why should you NOT get something for healing yourself? The side affect is that you can get a fairly easy 3 (I know so many) medals from self healing. Getting the 300k or 500k healing medals off just self healing would be difficult, but not impossible.

I prefer to get my healing medals from actually healing my team however, if I had a choice.

As an aside, I'm surprised more people don't complain about sorcs/sages the way they complain about sents/maras. My main is a sentinel, and yeah, we can be OP even in average gear, but I currently have a 41 sorc and I never even feel threatened in warzones.

I mean, sure I get killed and sometimes I even get absolutely owned, but more often than not, I can stand in one position and fling lightning all over the battlefield and watch people die. Someone attacks me, I bubble and heal. Then I have instant nukes and instant CC and Force Speed to get away from attackers.

On my sentinel I have to work my butt off to get into melee range and, more importantly, stay there. So many classes seem to have stuns, slows, and knockbacks, that I feel like they have more control over my character than I do.

That's not the case on my sorcerer.

I have seen it time and time again, a sorc sitting in the corner doing whatever they do to themselves so they can in turn sit and heal themselves to obtain metals.

I play a sorc healer in pvp, and I'm not sure how else you expect me to get my metal? The stuff ain't cheap you know.

As an aside, I'm surprised more people don't complain about sorcs/sages the way they complain about sents/maras. My main is a sentinel, and yeah, we can be OP even in average gear, but I currently have a 41 sorc and I never even feel threatened in warzones.

I mean, sure I get killed and sometimes I even get absolutely owned, but more often than not, I can stand in one position and fling lightning all over the battlefield and watch people die. Someone attacks me, I bubble and heal. Then I have instant nukes and instant CC and Force Speed to get away from attackers.

On my sentinel I have to work my butt off to get into melee range and, more importantly, stay there. So many classes seem to have stuns, slows, and knockbacks, that I feel like they have more control over my character than I do.

That's not the case on my sorcerer.

Play 50 PvP, then come back.

Now i'm all for being a little selfish and getting yourself medals but to be able to sit there for 1/2 the match and do nothing but heal yourself and get a additional 4-5 medals for it is ridiculous.

I watched this guy sit at a node and deplete his health then heal,deplete, heal then run away when the pubs showed up becuase he wasn't healed up yet and showed back up after we defended the node and continued to do it again ofr the rest of the map. Ended up with 12 medals and a bunch of MVP votes beacuse of all the "healing" he did. They need to limit the amount of medals if you are only self healing.

And how about all of those players that are just Death Matching and avoiding objectives all together? They can stack up on medals and effectively help your team lose as well.

Also: Was the sorc tap healing because his team was:

in full recruit gear // absolutely horrible // against a Premade of full Conqueror's and higher // just go into the game and the team was already well beyond saving // Not being guarded despite having tanks in the game ??

There's always more to the story: I sincerely doubt the Sorc que'd for a WZ to go stand in a corner.

Um, Mercs and Commandos for example need to build charges up so they can activate Supercharge (so they can buff their team with a shield when the two teams collide in the middle). Same for Scoundrel and their upper hands.

You should learn how healers play before judging their methods I think.

Dude if you are node guarding he gets medals for guarding also. Why does it bother you that he is doing that while guarding node. First healers shouldn't be guarding nodes and it seems like you were more than capable of calling for help. Another thing in rateds we played against a scrub team and I sat and defended for 7 min in a voidstar and did the same thing. It is not easy to hit 300k heals for the medal and I only reached 200k heals. To me it just sounds like you are mad cuz you didn't get any MVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPV votes!!!!

I don't know if they do or not. If not, even better, the idiots are spamming for extra nothing then :D

I don't know about other classes but my Commando spamming heals in spawn to build charges of CSC to have a 3% constant healing buff and make Super Charge Cells available hardly seems idiotic. Also throwing down Kolto Bombs so everyone can have a 5% healing buff placed on them seems quite useful as well.

I suppose a Sent using Valorous Call in the spawn so Transcendence is ready is stupid too.

I've never seen a sorc/sage intentionally leave battle just to boost self-heals in some corner so I don't consider it to be a problem. Who cares if the sage/sorc who is left on guard duty, and actually does something, self-heals.The mvp voting system is pointless anyway. Edited by MidichIorian