Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Because the problem still exits, and I believe that instead of making things better, I think that BioWare made them worse when they decided to end ranked 8v8 warzones.

mixing arenas with WZs in the reg queue exacerbates this. elimination of RWZ, which I thoroughly object to, has no impact whatsoever on this.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solo Ranked Arena Queue. You got what you whined for.

Just because I disagree with you does not mean that my requests are automatically whines. The fact that you think that it does says as much about you as you are trying to say about me.

With that said, yes I am glad for a separate solo queue for ranked arenas in 2.4. I am also glad for the matchmaking system that they are using to assemble teams for arenas. Now if they would bring back ranked 8v8s, and give us either separate solo queues or a matchmaking for regular 8v8s I would be even happier.

Now if that sounds like a whine to you then so be it.

Edited by Exly

WHY DID YOU BUMP THIS

It has been buried for nearly a month..... nobody cares. Let it be buried again

Seriously?

5700+ replies thread and you think nobody cares?:rolleyes:

Solo ranked arenas are great. *IF* you like arenas. Which not everyone does.

Edited by Sharee

Seriously?

5700+ replies thread and you think nobody cares?:rolleyes:

Solo ranked arenas are great. *IF* you like arenas. Which not everyone does.

The only people that whine about this are bad and delusional. There is a reason the devs did not ever post here; do you really think they would take any kind of step to discouraging group in an *MMO*?

There average player has a significant lack of skill, general tactics understanding, and little to no ability to communicate or anticipate game situations. Loses are almost always a reflection of the losing team rather than the winning team. There is the rare exception, but it is hardly the rule that many in this thread make it appear to be.

There is a reason the devs did not ever post here; do you really think they would take any kind of step to discouraging group in an *MMO*?

They just implemented a *SOLO* ranked queue for arenas. Kinda flies in the face of your 'they wouldnt take any kind of steps to discourage group' argument, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Edited by Sharee

They just implemented a *SOLO* ranked queue for arenas. Kinda flies in the face of your 'they wouldnt take any kind of steps to discourage group' argument, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Just to keep all the scrubs that wouldn't get into a decent ranked arena team happy imo.

IMO premades being able to use TS, Vent, ect give a really unfair advantage to most other players who pug to play WZ. These are 3rd party software which the premades are using to give them an advantage, and because of this most regular players almost always will lose to these premades. Why doesn't Bioware makes it so that when people form groups for WZ, and WZ only, the premades are broken up and made into pugs instantly by the game itself?

Before starting a WZ we are given about 1 minute 30 secs which is not enough time to have everyone in a pug get into vent, TS or any of the other softwares used to communicate with other people.

IMO, making it so that premades are broken up by the game and made into real pugs will bring back some balance to WZs.

I have also noticed that many times when starting a WZ the groups are uneven, such as 6 and even 5 (Reps mostly) vs 8 Imperials and have seen entire WZ with this sort of uneven players which of course makes the group with 8 players win all the time. Why is this allowed? Just having one more player in a team than the opposing team gives an advantage, unless that player is really bad.

Edited by WarriorOfVirtue

IMO premades being able to use TS, Vent, ect give a really unfair advantage to most other players who pug to play WZ. These are 3rd party software which the premades are using to give them an advantage, and because of this most regular players almost always will lose to these premades. Why doesn't Blizzard makes it so that when people form groups for WZ, and WZ only, the premades are broken up and made into pugs instantly by the game itself?

Before starting a WZ we are given about 1 minute 30 secs which is not enough time to have everyone in a pug get into vent, TS or any of the other softwares used to communicate with other people.

IMO, making it so that premades are broken up by the game and made into real pugs will bring back some balance to WZs.

I have also noticed that many times when starting a WZ the groups are uneven, such as 6 and even 5 (Reps mostly) vs 8 Imperials and have seen entire WZ with this sort of uneven players which of course makes the group with 8 players win all the time. Why is this allowed? Just having one more player in a team than the opposing team gives an advantage, unless that player is really bad.

I stopped reading at the word 'Blizzard'

IMO premades being able to use TS, Vent, ect give a really unfair advantage to most other players who pug to play WZ. These are 3rd party software which the premades are using to give them an advantage, and because of this most regular players almost always will lose to these premades. Why doesn't Blizzard makes it so that when people form groups for WZ, and WZ only, the premades are broken up and made into pugs instantly by the game itself?

I stop reading after "IMO"

I stopped reading at the word 'Blizzard'

You know I meant Bioware, was reading other posts and there was mention of Blizzard so I made a mistake in my response... Anyway, my post was not for jerks but for people who understand and respect that others can have a different opinion, and know the world doesn't revolve around them. It is obvious in what group you, and some others like you fall in.

IMO premades being able to use TS, Vent, ect give a really unfair advantage to most other players who pug to play WZ. These are 3rd party software which the premades are using to give them an advantage, and because of this most regular players almost always will lose to these premades. Why doesn't Bioware makes it so that when people form groups for WZ, and WZ only, the premades are broken up and made into pugs instantly by the game itself?

I disagree with this. I think that if people want to group up with their friends to play, that you should be able to, and should not be broken up by the game. I also believe that they in the absence of a robust match making system, and a few other game enhancements, that there should be separate queues for solo and group players.

I disagree with this. I think that if people want to group up with their friends to play, that you should be able to, and should not be broken up by the game. I also believe that they in the absence of a robust match making system, and a few other game enhancements, that there should be separate queues for solo and group players.

I think that in wz (War Zones) all teams should be pugs. Friends could still get together to do flashpoints, and missions, using TS, or Vent, or whatever to your hearts content. But this should not be allowed in WZ because it gives an unfair advantage to the opposite team. (mostly imps)

Doing this will bring somewhat of a balance to the game. Making WZ completely pug and no premades allowed.

I think that in wz (War Zones) all teams should be pugs. Friends could still get together to do flashpoints, and missions, using TS, or Vent, or whatever to your hearts content. But this should not be allowed in WZ because it gives an unfair advantage to the opposite team. (mostly imps)

Doing this will bring somewhat of a balance to the game. Making WZ completely pug and no premades allowed.

Pug only warzones, good one. Ok so Bioware will never...NEVER remove the option to queue with friends/guildies in this game. That would be the final nail in the coffin. With the upcoming 4v4 grouped ranked and solo ranked premades will become less of a problem. Most of these 'pro' premades will be doing grouped ranked and if a solo player does not wish to do solo ranked (I don't know why they have been asking for such a queue for what seems like an eternity) then that is there own issue can still queue for regs and probably deal with less premades since they will most likely be doing ranked.

Yeah, those evil Imperial players and their voip. Good thing Republic players dont use voip as much. Oh wait.....

Running WZ with my friends is actually one of the few things that keeps the game fun. I guess I am not alone in that.

Since I PuG a lot as well i know the pain of playing against a well organized premade. Yet in my mind this is no reason to ban friends from queuing as a group. Premades are not ruining normal WZs it is rather the fact that as PuG you can't communicate as efficiently. So why for that matter does this game not have some way of in game voip?

It was dead for about 10 days, and then some fool brought it back to life

Would somebody PLEASE tell that fool that Premades vs. Pugs is irrelevant? Tell him/her that class balance is a far more important and pressing matter.. and that resolving class balance would fix much of this?

It's like this:

Regardless of what side of the fence you stand on...

Bioware doesn't care.

When all the major combatants in this debate abandoned the thread, it should have died.

We have far more important matters to argue about.. This is a waste of time.

It was dead for about 10 days, and then some fool brought it back to life

From the "PVP forum guidelines" sticky:

Never insult another community member.

Before making a new thread, search and see if there is already an existing thread.

You just insulted someone for using an existing thread instead of making a new one. Two birds, one stone. Congrats :rolleyes:

From the "PVP forum guidelines" sticky:

Never insult another community member.

Before making a new thread, search and see if there is already an existing thread.

You just insulted someone for using an existing thread instead of making a new one. Two birds, one stone. Congrats :rolleyes:

Wow, just...wow.