Seeing exact conversation alignment gain on the side or something?

Blinci

Often have come across YouTube video cut-scenes where instead of just saying "approves" it shows the charecter's face and the number you gain right under it. Can't find it under "conversations" in settings and although it's likely a dumb question I hope to finally find out how.

I can try to find YouTube video examples of what I mean if it helps..

That's because those are old videos, with the old UI in them, pre patch 4.0. And those points are "affection" points. If you look carefully, you'll notice that when the companion dislikes a response the number shown is negative.

The new UI reflects the change to "Influence". Basically, if your companon approves, you get +200 points (+260 if you have fully maxxed out the Legacy unlocks to boost companion Influence gain from conversations). If they don't like your response you get +50 (or +65). IOW, it doesn't matter if they approve or disapprove of your response, you still gain points. You just don't gain as many points when they disapprove.

And regardless of old or new UI, you don't actually gain those points until you finish whatever mission (or mission chain) and get the popup with your mission rewards, and accept it.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

The full list is:

* Greatly Approves = +400 (boostable to +520)

* Approves = +200 (=> +260)

* Nothing = nothing

* Disapproves = +50 (=> +65)

* Greatly disapproves = +0

Items that talk about "appreciates" or "is amused"? No idea.

There aren't many "greatly disapproves" items, and the one that springs to mind immediately is Elara Dorne's reaction to one particular choice in the A-77 mission in the Trooper story. By comparison, that used to give about -350 affection before 4.0.

• 11 months later...

A bit Necro, but I just returned 4 years after my last subscription. So this means that when I shock the bajeezus out of Vette, she actually likes me more? HA! IMHO they should have kept affection. This new 50 levels of influence is just so they can sell market items to max them out for ... I see 900 CC for a Commander's Compendium.

EA... Why do we keep paying you? You can't even access the guild bank without an investment now. 4 years back when I ended the subscription... I had to buy 3 hotbars just to be able to use all my skills.

A bit Necro, but I just returned 4 years after my last subscription. So this means that when I shock the bajeezus out of Vette, she actually likes me more? HA! IMHO they should have kept affection. This new 50 levels of influence is just so they can sell market items to max them out for ... I see 900 CC for a Commander's Compendium.

It's *Influence*, not *Affection*, so no, the plus points mark your increasing influence over the companion, the comapnion's awareness of who you are. When you shock Vette, you make it clear that you are a sadistic son of an unwed mother.

At the risk of being accused of white-knighting(1), no, the Cartel Market Compendium is very new, just released with 6.0 a few weeks ago, whereas it was previously available only for in-game currency (post 5.0, I believe, and it is still available from V1C-0RY), and the change from ten tiers of Affection to fifty ranks of Influence was done for 4.0 over four years ago.

(1) I'm not. I think that the CM version of the compendium isn't the best idea they ever had - but it's far from the worst as well - but we should all strive for accuracy in our accusations of cynicism(2).

(2) Yes, SteveTheCynic is criticising you for excessive cynicism. Make of that what you will.