Remove the rakghoul plague now

Can you not? I haven't tried that. From what I've seen you can get shed of the plague by falling to your death, leaping to your death, someone curing you and...maybe using the vaccine post infection (not sure on the latter, sorry).

And it is not as easy as some would have you think to get infected. In fact, you have to be pretty much right next to someone infected (green fog surrounding them, glowing eyes) AND have them explode all over you to get infected. It's not just passing them, you have to be right there when they explode.

There is a mass of morons are near all shuttle elevators and bank and warzone daily, getting on or off the fleet is a pain. Maybe it is just my server but it is annoying.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that.

You asked if I'd enjoy it as much. My answer is no.

Actaully I asked " Would you not still enjoy the event? " Not enjoy it as much. :) If the event was there without the effecting other players and you never even heard of it possibly effecting others with the plague, then I am sure you would still enjoy it.

Lets say Bioware gave you a in game mail stim which made you immune to the plague...that would make you not enjoy it as much?....or is it..you enjoy effecting other's game play that much?

With mass PvP on Tatooine, I've already had to spend about 30k on these stupid things - and that will only go up. If I don't go to Tatooine, I'll go back to my warzones and need to spend even more. I'd much rather that money go elsewhere.

In any case, my personally being infected bugs me, but having to see everyone else infected too bugs me even more. It's ugly.

But you don't need to spend it at all. Sigh people these days...

Did you realize you're playing an MMO with other people? If you've seriously got your undies in a bunch this Monday morning because Bioware added fun new content that's making it finally FEEL like an MMO I think you need to re-evaluate if you want to play.

If you don't like you're really not being forced to do anything. Perhaps you need to pick up Skyrim or something.

I think it's great and my server is definitely down with the sickness.

Have 800+ hrs of Skyrim already, and already play solo on the PvE servers that are over there ----> But Thanks for the kind thought!

If the immersion is Green Goo, I might agree. But an Invitation, note, or other warning before being splattered and costing me 2k for the serum might have been nice.

Ok, By the serum costs you 2k for 6 hours, perfect if you dont want to participate, you make it back in a half an hour of grinding with no quests

Or, Let yourself blow up, and make an easy 50k by doing so...

Real head-scratcher :confused:

Ok, so, you've hit on one tremendouslyI think this is going to last a month, maybe more. I think it's going to go to all the other planets - they fleet announcement is basically saying so at this point.

If they do this right, it will get worse before it goes away. (i hope i hope, immersive, interactive live events are so much fun to me)

If they cave and listen to the highly inflated 10% you suggest, and end this early or very soon because of players, like you, being included in said event without the ability to opt out... I will cry, and post on the forums. oicwhutudidthar

This. This. This. This.

Post of the day, sir. Well done.

COMPLETELY disagree.

Skyrim has no multiplayer facets at all.

What has been added here is not a strictly multiplayer facet. It's something that can be done as a multiplayer community, but it's that multiplayer base drawing on the PvE environment.

I liked Swtor because it had the ability to play with, socialize with, and interact with other people that Skyrim does not, but it did not have the random changes that many other games incorporate.

I like spreading the disease... I am sorry that some may not have liked it, I think it is a trivial thing to complain about when there are much bigger things to... QQ over.

Still, to each their own.

For me, (I know you're just dying to know what I think) I was happy to see a world event take place in the game. Kudos for BioWare in creating a social event for all ages (levels) in a MMO game. I think about the only thing I didn't like was the repetitive news reports interrupting my conversations with companions... but, somehow I found the will to survive that onslaught.

It [World Event] might be a little late, and it does come on the heals of some very heated and problematic issues in-game [Declining Population, Game Bugs, Expectations], but at least it is not stagnate, they [bioWare] are doing something and trying to make it [sWTOR] somewhat fun again.

My suggestion for you and anyone with issues about the world event is to remove the wall you've built and try to enjoy what the majority of other users are enjoying... It is not as tragic as you might think.

The number is far more than 10%.

But the worst thing is that in this case, it wouldn't have to make anyone unhappy. I am certain it could have been designed in such a way to allow you to still have your infectious fun while allowing others to avoid it completely.

And in any case, what if this event was precisely the same, but that plague concept was never implemented, and you never heard of or thought about it. Would you not enjoy the whole rest of it?

If not, then I'd say that it's not the game you're enjoying, but the (what I'd consider childish) game of blowing up in goop.

If so, then why put this in at all, when everyone could enjoy everything else without causing anyone and unhappiness?

Link the number of people who are unhappy then, if you please.

Because other than this thread....I've yet to see or hear from a single person in game who is ticked off about the event.

OH NOES! Childishness!!!!!!! IN A GAME!

*faints dead away, clutching her pearls* I also laugh at fart jokes. Lock me away!!!!!!!

Back to the serious part....

It's funny..because I saw a group of 100 or more people on our Fleet ship just standing around infecting each other...laughing..and having a great time.

I never saw a single person get mad..yell at anyone....or rage about getting blown up on.

A vaccine is 2k, it lasts for 6 hours.

Big Whoop.

And as I said....Nothing BioWare ever does is going to be 100% okay with everyone.

It will never happen.

If "childish" things like blowing up in green goo offends you and ruins your in game experience...

Then I suggest that you may not want to be involved in anything that has the word "game" in the title.

They put it in game because the devs enjoyed it..and thought players would too. And guess what?

They were right.

There is a mass of morons are near all shuttle elevators and bank and warzone daily, getting on or off the fleet is a pain. Maybe it is just my server but it is annoying.

Yes. But it seems many others get a kick out of anoying others.

Ah well. Guess all I can say is that I am sorry you are inconvenienced and dislike it. :( I got camped big time yesterday and ganked 15 or 16 times which I think is poor form as well but hey, it's a nasty ol' world out there, innit?

I think it's great fun but, hopefully, you won't suffer overmuch from it.

But you don't need to spend it at all. Sigh people these days...

I refuse to get infected. I hate it. I think its stupid. The part of me that likes role playing, as opposed to just grinding and playing the Skinner's Box, can't bear the thought of willfully contracting a disease. I will pay 1,000,000 credits before I let myself explode from this inane thing once, because no real person would ever do that.

That's just how I feel. Others do not. I respect that.

COMPLETELY disagree.

Skyrim has no multiplayer facets at all.

What has been added here is not a strictly multiplayer facet. It's something that can be done as a multiplayer community, but it's that multiplayer base drawing on the PvE environment.

I liked Swtor because it had the ability to play with, socialize with, and interact with other people that Skyrim does not, but it did not have the random changes that many other games incorporate.

You missed the whole point.

You're playing an MMO. "Events" that take place here are not in your control.

That comes with the genre you're playing.

That was the point.

Edited by Blistrich

With mass PvP on Tatooine, I've already had to spend about 30k on these stupid things - and that will only go up. If I don't go to Tatooine, I'll go back to my warzones and need to spend even more. I'd much rather that money go elsewhere.

In any case, my personally being infected bugs me, but having to see everyone else infected too bugs me even more. It's ugly.

Sell dna samples from being infected - profit. Or get the event gear/pets. Complaining about spending money on an event that gives you the opportunity to make money hand over fist is very trollish.

Actaully I asked " Would you not still enjoy the event? " Not enjoy it as much. :) If the event was there without the effecting other players and you never even heard of it possibly effecting others with the plague, then I am sure you would still enjoy it.

Lets say Bioware gave you a in game mail stim which made you immune to the plague...that would make you not enjoy it as much?....or is it..you enjoy effecting other's game play that much?

They already have a stim that makes you immune for 6 hours.

I don't give two flips about who uses it and who doesn't.

And..I've infected 4 people since yesterday, all of which were in my guild and wanted to be infected. Clearly...I'm on a rampage to destroy the game play of others.

Link the number of people who are unhappy then, if you please.

Because other than this thread....I've yet to see or hear from a single person in game who is ticked off about the event.

OH NOES! Childishness!!!!!!! IN A GAME!

*faints dead away, clutching her pearls* I also laugh at fart jokes. Lock me away!!!!!!!

Back to the serious part....

It's funny..because I saw a group of 100 or more people on our Fleet ship just standing around infecting each other...laughing..and having a great time.

I never saw a single person get mad..yell at anyone....or rage about getting blown up on.

A vaccine is 2k, it lasts for 6 hours.

Big Whoop.

And as I said....Nothing BioWare ever does is going to be 100% okay with everyone.

It will never happen.

If "childish" things like blowing up in green goo offends you and ruins your in game experience...

Then I suggest that you may not want to be involved in anything that has the word "game" in the title.

They put it in game because the devs enjoyed it..and thought players would too. And guess what?

They were right.

This thread, the Plague poll thread, the "How long will the event last" thread, the "Tatooine world event" thread, and several others, all have different people - most of whom are not posting here - saying they dislike it as well.

Sell dna samples from being infected - profit. Or get the event gear/pets. Complaining about spending money on an event that gives you the opportunity to make money hand over fist is very trollish.

I am not playing the game to make money. It's a role playing game. People keep making the comparison to D&D, but I'll tell you what, in D&D if you have a disease, you cure it, or you lose your character.

I'm sorry, but I will not accept being infected when a cure is available. I'm not in the game for the Skinner's Box. I'm in it to role play a character.

I refuse to get infected. I hate it. I think its stupid. The part of me that likes role playing, as opposed to just grinding and playing the Skinner's Box, can't bear the thought of willfully contracting a disease. I will pay 1,000,000 credits before I let myself explode from this inane thing once, because no real person would ever do that.

That's just how I feel. Others do not. I respect that.

I am baffled by this post. asddskf...I have nothing to say to the amount of offense you are taking to a WORLD EVENT thatmost players are having a blast with. What is the real issue? Do you hate the color green?

If the immersion is Green Goo, I might agree. But an Invitation, note, or other warning before being splattered and costing me 2k for the serum might have been nice.

But,

We don't always get to make the choice which way the story goes now do we. However we do either adapt to that change or OOC and ignore it. Hazards of rping in a live uncontroled situation. ;)

This thread, the Plague poll thread, the "How long will the event last" thread, the "Tatooine world event" thread, and several others, all have different people - most of whom are not posting here - saying they dislike it as well.

And those numbers are ONLY people who visit the forums.

Historically....forum users are a VERY small percentage of the whole player base. So the numbers are only representing people who visit the forums.

Ok, By the serum costs you 2k for 6 hours, perfect if you dont want to participate, you make it back in a half an hour of grinding with no quests

Or, Let yourself blow up, and make an easy 50k by doing so...

Real head-scratcher :confused:

Six hours; perhaps, but does the effect last if one dies and respawns due to said grinding? Or wait and watch for the next lunatic to detonate a little after the time elapses?

I am grateful that the Legacy system is in place for my Main to mail aid to my Alts. But I do wonder if the other lowbies that simply started recently had as much fun as I didn't....