Which augments do you choose?

XMalfymanX

Hey guys. I play deception for pve and pvp and was just wondering which augments you guys choose / or recommend. Let's say for PVE purposes:

Willpower or power augments? Or something else. As I tend to focus on my pve gear first I am interested in which you guys recommend is the best dps upgrade for pve.

Thanks. And yes I know I can search but it's more interesting to talk about rather than read some guide etc.

People have been aiming for 27% crit, I believe, as deception. If you have the companion bonus of 1%, and all datacrons, you should be at around 18%. The overall benefit for willpower (that affects other things and not just crit) would be helpful to gear for first, however, that may take up too much of your stats, so you might want to use something crit specific (like crit augments) to climb to a higher percentage faster, so you can focus on surge, accuracy and power.

Indeed.

First of all, what augments to put will depend on what gear do you have.

The trick is to up what you lack of.

Deception = Burst

Burst = Crit/Surge needs

So this is your priority, up to 27-29% crit 68-70% surge with coordination buff.

Then up accuracy until 105% AT LEAST, it will be helpful for endgame content and constant quality dps.

At the end, once you've reached these caps and feel great dealing your damages, it depends.

You can go either for Willpower augments or Power augments.

Willpower = force bonus damages and crit perk over main stats.

Power = both melee/force bonus damages and strength/willpower perks over main stats.

Crit/Surge > Accuracy > Willpower/Power

And Golden Rule : at high level (55) don't put 66 augments (highest augs) before getting your "final gear" (69, or 72 if you're a hardcore gamer). You'd loose a lot of money and mess your stats.

Edited by IAAIAO

I pvp only so is 105/110 accuracy really needed?

No, but you do want some. I carry 3 pieces of accuracy for deception, two implants and one enhancement. With the companion 1% buff, it's close to 107%.

One alacrity enhancement currently, rest all surge.

All power stacking, zero crit. Overkill 28 augments.

yeah go 30%crit 105/110 accuracy. gogogo.

+1 Exactly what I was thinking :p

It's perhaps a bit too soon to ask for advice about augments, honestly.

For PvE, it will depends of which stuff you're aiming for, 69 or 72 ones.

With that you can calculate and decide what is the best mix to have max bonus damage with the right amount of crit chance.

The problem is (I think) that the crit chance needed for deception isn't known yet.

I'll even say that we will never know because there are multiple possibilities, between power stack school and the crit stack way.

In short I think the best way is to take the resolve augments but only the blue ones, and wait to have more information to pick the purple version.

Of course if some people have calculations I'm interested too.

+1 Exactly what I was thinking :p

It's perhaps a bit too soon to ask for advice about augments, honestly.

For PvE, it will depends of which stuff you're aiming for, 69 or 72 ones.

With that you can calculate and decide what is the best mix to have max bonus damage with the right amount of crit chance.

The problem is (I think) that the crit chance needed for deception isn't known yet.

I'll even say that we will never know because there are multiple possibilities, between power stack school and the crit stack way.

In short I think the best way is to take the resolve augments but only the blue ones, and wait to have more information to pick the purple version.

Of course if some people have calculations I'm interested too.

hello aniki!

I were sarcastic :p you have pm

I was having problems in Hard Mode 55 PvE content with 106% accuracy. I would go to 108% minimum, and I pushed mine to 110%. And as far as crit goes, I think pushing all the way to 30% requires more crit rating investment than is responsible. I would aim for 25%-27% and then go into power.

Anyway, to answer the original question about power vs. willpower augments, it really doesn't make a bit of difference. With willpower augments, you'll end up with about .8% more crit at the expense of 12 damage. Both too miniscule to give a crap about.

i always go for resolve ..did as dummy once wp vs power and i had better reswults on the WP ones.

I have 3 hit augments atm and the rest resolve

i have 25% crit, 99,3 hit and 79 surge with 663 bonus dmg selfbuffed unstimmed.