East Coast Server Issues

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blah blah blah

I'll just point out to those that don't bother keeping up with recent events that the recent move to a new datacenter is going to involve a period of adjustment and growing pains. All of the assorted Latency issues of the last couple weeks (which really do need to be addressed) as well as the server issues of the last 24 hours are likely attributed to this move, not to mention any plans for further expansion that are also in progress. Give them time to sort it out already...

We have now disabled logins on all east coast servers to work on resolving the issues currently with that region. I will pass on more info as I have it.

-eric

Do we know an ETA at all?

Entitled much? XD Im also a subscriber, such is the life of an MMO player. Server issues happen.

Entitled to get what I pay for. I am a vet of MMO's, you know what they say about assuming? Shadowlands is an underpopulated server and should not have a Queue. 24 hours is plenty of time for a Tech company to fix server related issues. Acceptance of mediocrity is the plague of those who call other's Entitled. Good Day to you!

• Dev Post
Do we know an ETA at all?

Currently I do not have an ETA, but I will pass that on as soon as I have it!

and there goes the in-game maintenance flag

Correct, we are now going to be bringing all east coast servers offline to work on addressing the issue. If you were still on the server, you will be kicked in a few minutes.

Thanks everyone, I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Fyi:

Wuts interesting is that the one toon I loaded in on previously, I can still access. I still haven't logged out, but I can't switch toons. I get bounced back into the toon selection screen...and can only actually play game on the toon I was actually fuklly logged in with- Hoplon Xiphos.

or at least feed them, they are starving, maybe we need mutant hamsters to get servers back up to the speed of launch of game

the hamsters are rebelling after the loss of the 250% boost to kibble...

A friendly reminder that I just walked 5.2 miles to get to my library wifi. Even stopped for breakfast.

I'm not ranting and raving. Wish though a staff member would combine all of these threads or at least close them and point them to a single one like would happen on decent support forums.

Edited by dr_mike

I also saw on general chat last night how the server was slowing down, and some was saying that we were having a DOS attack on the server, no idea if that was the problem, but the que mentions was after I heard about a perhaps DOS attack.

Underpopulated? What Shadowlands do you play on??

Shadowlands has dropped quite a bit lately. I'd point to one of the 'swtor server population' websites but that would just earn me yet another nastygram.

sooooo what happens when my queue number hits 0?:rak_02:

They find Hoffa?

Edited by dr_mike

The forums are now timing out for me and I'm rarely getting complete pages to display. That's probably more of a load issue since folks are coming here to see what's going on but I wanted to mention it.

edit: I;m going to go play Stellaris.

Edited by dr_mike

Shadowlands has dropped quite a bit lately. I'd point to one of the 'swtor server population' websites but that would just earn me yet another nastygram.

They find Hoffa?

Thanks Dr._mike. My observations are that Shadowlands' population has dwendled since the release of 4.0 to current game version 5.2