Which character from the star wars saga do you like the most?

Totalchicken

From the original trilogy- Obi-Wan Kenobi. How can you not like him? He's a living embodiment of what a jedi should be. Plus the scene where he lets Vader kill him is priceless. Espicially later when you find he was Anakin's master.

From the prequels--Uh...didn't really like too many of the character. Whether it was the script or the actors it was hard to really connect with any of them. But I guess Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan. Jinn was the only character that died who I felt sorry for.

The books- Loved, loved, loved, Mara Jade. She rocked. Strong, independent, sassy, and kept Luke on his toes. I actually haven't read a whole series of books because I can't stand to read about what happened to her. :(

Edited by Historybrat

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth Vader.

Star Wars was the first movie I ever saw. I was 5 years old, sitting on the top of my parents car in a drive in theatre. Right from the opening scene where the troopers blow the door and Vader steps through the smoke I wanted to be him, he was so cool. The voice, the breathing, the black outfit with the red saber...just awesome.

LOL! Same here! I was on the hood of my fathers truck with a big metel speaker pressed to my head! One of my favorite childhood memories. :D

For my favorite characters...

Celeste Morne and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Both embody the Jedi Order in different ways. Obi-Wan is probably the straightest example of what a Jedi should be like, patient, witty, an expert swordsman and a wise teacher.

Celeste embodies the sacrifices a Jedi is willing to make for the betterment of all. She willingly took the Muur Talisman and sealed herself away in the Oubliette to prevent the Rakghoul Plague from leaving Taris and hurting and killing more people. She died heroically as well at the hands of Cade Skywalker, who ended her suffering.

She spent thousands of years doing battle in her mind with Karness Muur. How bad(donkey) is that?

Edited by VoxTheHero

Tough call on that one, I think that I would have to split it up a bit between Qui Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan in the later General Kenobi stage.

Qui Gon, in my opinion is one of the coolest Jedi in the star Wars universe. He is able to be a good jedi, good teacher, and good strength wise while still not being the cookie cutter basic Jedi who follows every word the council says without question. Rather than just accepting the will of the council he offered advice (even if the council did not seem to want it) and acted against the council if it was clear to him that it was in the best interest of the Republic.

As for Gen. Kenobi, I just think that there was something (and I know that this is somewhat more Hollywood than lore) that Ewan McGregor put into that character during the third movie that made him seem so much more real. He kept the humanity to have a since of humor despite the situation and was still able to take down Grievous who was supposed to be very powerful, I must admit I know very little about Grievous so I can't really say how even of a fight that was.

Either way those are my picks. :)

I have two equal favourites, Qui Gon Jin and Darth Sidious/Palpatine.

Jinn - Mainly because he is what a jedi should be and he was atuned to the living force and allowed himself to live in the moment rather than scheme and try and predict like the other jedi masters.

Palpatine - He basically showed his middle finger to the Jedi and allowed them to think they where in control, when he was actually building up the demise of the Jedi all around them which they could not see.

I just saw the movie, I can definatly say he didn't it was all in self defense, remember Smugglers are light side, they would never do something underhanded like shoot first.

Han shot first. The movie you saw was a lie.

Without Luke, there would be no Star Wars movie or subsequent related material. However, in his original story concept, Lucas did not have Luke at all.

Dash Rendar, he was the best of the best (and wasn't a force user). Not to mention he wouldn't do anything beyond what he was being paid for. Like when he ditched the Falcon on Gall Spaceport after guiding them in. His reason, because he wasn't paid to shoot. Probably the only real anti-hero in the saga.

For bad guys: Revan (before he officially went wimpy lightsided on us but even then he wanted to commit genocide). Exar Kun a sith lord that actually lead his amry into battle rather than sitting back and letting his apprentice do all the work. Not to mention a sweet looking blue double bladded saber (first of its kind).

Visas Marr

I recall "negative emotions" being the ones effecting the human brain the most. Visas' story contains everything of such nature; sorrow, desperation, pain... She was a slave of her own grief and heavily influenced by twisted believings. Still, thanks to (I believe) her dark side power not coming directly from hate, but from compassion to others, she kept a quite healthy awereness which helped her when the opportunity came to turn away from the path of despair.

Miraluka is in general quite the omonous but still very interesting race; Visas is the prime example.