take away the need button for wrong classes

3 times in a row now ive lost my class armor in flashpoints because people dont read the stats and just hit need. If a certain class'' stats do not match the item, make the NEED button be greyed out. They can always GREED on any item for their companions or to vendor if no one who can actually use the item needs it.

This would solve an awful lot of conflicts.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it is bad manners, and I do not encourage it.

People are selecting need because they do need it ... but they need it for their companion.

Until we get a companion need option between need and greed, people are free to selected need for companion gear, because you cannot viably solo without a properly geared companion (unless you are overleveled).

People are selecting need because they do need it ... but they need it for their companion.

Until we get a companion need option between need and greed, people are free to selected need for companion gear, because you cannot viably solo without a properly geared companion (unless you are overleveled).

Companions NEED to be geared, especially for higher levels. I will continue to roll need on gear for companions.

If you suck yeah, I guess they NEED to be.

That's kind of harsh don't you think. I too hit NEED for my companion who needs to be properly geared since I'm playing the game firstly for the story. Right now there's not a whole lot of people at level 30 or above so the best gear is crucial.

I'm amazed by the selfishness of players here.

Did your companion contribute to the boss kill? I doubt he/she did. As such, he/she should not be entitled to loot.

If your companion was out for the boss kill, I have no problem with you rolling need for him/her.

I can't wait until people start blacklisting people who roll need for companions.

Companions NEED to be geared, especially for higher levels. I will continue to roll need on gear for companions.

And I will continue to enable Master Looter. Anyone who rolls NEED for a Companion over an actual player who can use it, get kicked automatically. Doing so is the most selfish thing you can do and I for one have no qualms telling people who do. I lost out on 2 pieces of BH gear for my Powertech because, some idiot decided his Companion needed more than I did.

No virtual character should come before the needs of an actual player character.

Edited by Geekcheck

Agreed. It annoys me when a Jedi Knight clicks need for an item that has a main stat of cunning... I'm a Smuggler. Still, you get past it. I click greed if it's for a companion, and those who I quest with often do as well. Quest with friends.

And I will continue to enable Master Looter. Anyone who rolls NEED for a Companion over an actual player who can use it, get kicked automatically. Doing so is the most selfish thing you can do and I for one have no qualms telling people who do. I lost out on 2 pieces of BH gear for my Powertech because, some idiot decided his Companion needed more than I did.

No virtual character should come before the needs of an actual player character.

I am already your friend. you said it better than I could. I also agree that they should make the need button go grey or disappear if you cannot use it.

I cannot believe my eyes. Have you seriously rolled need for an item someone else needed for a companion? Holy hell, that would be insta kick if I was a grp leader.

that may be but live players take precedence over companions any day

The common rule is typically that Players outrank Companions, especially in a Full Group Flashpoint where the companion is not 'out'. If a secondary piece of loot drops that no one in the group can use, but a companion can, then use it.

I make certain those rules are *agreed* on by all players. If the players refuse to agree with the loot rules for the group, they are informed that they're not welcome in the group if they refuse to accept, and are then ejected from the group.

Just making certain that all players agree on the loot rules is a good way to circumvent prior to this situation coming up.

Edited by Dischord

this is one of the main reasons I play with my wife and close friends. I hate the loot issues in game. My wife and I and our friends specifically took different classes so we would even have less of an issue with loot

Agreed but if we want a viable community where people can freely pug this option has got to be considered by the devs. otherwise, pugs are going to get shut out more and more unil teams are friends-only.

Is that what they want?

Agreed but if we want a viable community where people can freely pug this option has got to be considered by the devs. otherwise, pugs are going to get shut out more and more unil teams are friends-only.

Is that what they want?

Or they should just scrap the need roll and do it the old fashion way. Round the robin all the way and let player decide if he want to give or sell the gear!

Need before greed is not fair and is blocking people from getting the reward they put into the dungeon, be it gearing up yourself or your companion etc. They have better loot system like the commendation and the loot bag so I dunno why they decided to use the flawed NBG system that is going to create drama over nothing.

Also, this other player put the same amount of contribution as you for the group and if he need a gear for w/e reason, then he is entitle to roll need.

EDIT: I'm amaze at how people think they should entitle to all the loot just because they happen to choose a class that able to use the loot. Before this abomination loot system appear. The person who get the loot would just sell the gear to the groupmate (a mini auction) or he could just grab it and sell it later.

Edited by ryancwn

Uh, wut?

I cant even think of a way to reply to that.

That being said, if i need something for a companion ill usually ask the group if anyone needs it first. players should always come before companions.

How is it fair when all put the same amount of effort and someone get 3+ loot while some get none just because the loot drop this time is better for his class? It is not fair at all. Not to mention people will always argue that my need is always better than your need.

Have some respect for other players, and if they need something, don't roll need for your companion. You are just being selfish. The world doesn't revolve around you. I know for a fact that your companion DOESN'T need to be flashpoint/drop geared in order to level up efficiently. If you think this is the case, revise your tactics because you probably just aren't good at the game.

Have some respect for other players, and if they need something, don't roll need for your companion. You are just being selfish. The world doesn't revolve around you. I know for a fact that your companion DOESN'T need to be flashpoint/drop geared in order to level up efficiently. If you think this is the case, revise your tactics because you probably just aren't good at the game.

People who think only they entitle to the loot because they choose a class and can use the loot being selfish or those who think he should entitle to a loot he worked for and wanted it and can use it for w/e reason is being selfish?

I know there are people who will roll need on everything. But there are also people who will only roll need on things he needed.

People won't learn regardless of how much talk there is about this issue on the forums. But as there is no cross server LFG tool I think the problem will go away very fast. If all the ninjas will get /ignored they just have to adapt.

Also what occured to me yesterday while doing a couple of heroic missions, alot of players are quite young. Some very strange whispers, players not knowing what crowd control is, loot rules, focus fire, marking targets. With just a little education and clear loot rules many problems can be solved very easily.

I agree about the companion part. I made the mistake tonight about that. I admit, it was my fault. So I offered the item to one of the players that needed it. I also have group with loot ninja's which really annoyed me but live and learn.

Though I do have one issue, two heroic 4 missions and two flashpoints I did tonight. All 4 with the same party, Gunslinger (me), Trooper, Jedi Knight, and Jedi Sentinel. Not one single item from all those missions/flashpoint was something I could use as a Gunslinger. It was all stuff that the Trooper, Knight, and Sentinel could use and had stat bonuses they needed. Seriously, not one single item. What are the odds of that?

I found that rather annoying and frustrating. All that work and not one single item I could use as a Gunslinger.