My concern about hacking not getting addressed

FourPawnBenoni

I would really like to see Bioware come out and make statement regarding hacking; such as "We're aware of some of the speed hacking that is occuring in the game; rest assured we are making adjustments to prevent it from continuing; furthermore anyone that gets caught using it will have their character deleted."

The reason why, is that there are so many new players due to F2P that many I've talked to are not interested in subbing for pvp because they tried it out and a lot have complained about "hacking". When I've talked about the issues in greater depth I've discovered that many times it wasn't a hack at all, but an ability that is working as intended (such as Guarded by the Force).

The problem though, is that they've seen so many complaints/YouTubes of hacking lately with no response there is a perception now that the war zones are full of hacking and it's turning them off.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F2Pers can only play a couple of games and I seriously doubt that your friends have seen A LOT of hackers, really.

That's EXACTLY my point. They aren't seeing much hacking, but since they are new to the game they are automatically assuming that some of the "funny" things they see are hacks because that's the perception and they don't have enough experience with the game to be able to distinguish.

Started the game up in the past hour or so? The launcher now has a nice shiny warning stating exactly that they are indeed on the lookout for hackers etc. Made me LOL more than anything, but your wish for acknowledgement has been granted. Now we just have to see if they actually do anything.

Started the game up in the past hour or so? The launcher now has a nice shiny warning stating exactly that they are indeed on the lookout for hackers etc. Made me LOL more than anything, but your wish for acknowledgement has been granted. Now we just have to see if they actually do anything.

Not today. Really? That is good news

• Dev Post
I would really like to see Bioware come out and make statement regarding hacking; such as "We're aware of some of the speed hacking that is occuring in the game; rest assured we are making adjustments to prevent it from continuing; furthermore anyone that gets caught using it will have their character deleted."

Not exactly the same as you quoted, but we can say this:

"We're aware of the speed hacking that is occurring in the game; rest assured we are making adjustments to prevent it from continuing; furthermore anyone that gets caught using it will have their account suspended and/or banned."

Edited by JovethGonzalez

This thread is marked as the one with official response, but when you click on the "first Bioware post" nothing happens as there is no such post.

Was it deleted? Did someone from BW say something they weren't supposed to, like promised to look into it?

This thread is marked as the one with official response, but when you click on the "first Bioware post" nothing happens as there is no such post.

Was it deleted? Did someone from BW say something they weren't supposed to, like promised to look into it?

Probably either a link to this or some variation on what the link says

I agree that most of the time when someone claims to see another person hacking it's usually a false perception due to things such as speed buffs, elevation change lag, leap lag (when an enemy leaps then magically disappears for a couple seconds..love that one), or server lag in general (issues that should probably be addressed but probably never will). But what concerns me is the people who actually do hack are pretty much getting away with it. I'm not talking about blatant hacking but things such as minuscule changes in speed. I mean, on Prophecy of the Five you have a guy named Gingerz whom teleport hacks in every WZ, has a few threads and youtube vidoes proving he hacks, not to mention all the times he has probably been reported over the past few months since he started doing this, and I don't even think hes been banned yet (maybe). Personally, blatant hacking doesn't bother me and I even find it funny at times (The other day i got gingerz in an novare coast and he teleport hacked to all the nodes and capped em before the match even started), but when someone like this can obviously hack for for months at a time how does Bioware expect us do believe that they do anything about hacking that happens on a minuscule/hard to notice level? They say they "continually monitor for hacking" but obviously not that closely. Edited by demuss

It's just a scarecrow.

Takes 10 mins to write threats about cheating.

A post which declares 10,000 players have been permanently banned for cheating, now that can't be written so fast.

I've played at least 1000 matches, I've never seen something I was sure was a hack. The only thing I've seen is in huttball where someone was in the middle of the arena with the and all of a sudden I hear that he scored. That happened about 2 or 3 times.

Unless all the hacking is tiny changes, like 10% more speed or 10% more health or something, I don't think it is an issue at all. So few people do anything, it is not affecting the game.

Besides there would be a 50% chance they were on your team.

The dev response has probably only been written in English and is still being translated into the other 2 languages. At least, this is the explanation I recall from way back when someone asked why the dev responses sneak in late.

The problem is that when they finally appear, they show up in their original place in the thread, not as the latest post. In busy threads, it's easy for dev posts to go a long time without being noticed. The same thing happens to the dev tracker.

The most notable and recent example is the dev response to the bubble thread in the sorc class forum. It was a very informative post, but because of the delay it was utterly buried in the thread and the dev tracker.

The speedhacks are annoying, but watch out as well, on my server (the shadowlands) a guy was spamming gen chat about how one of his guild mates has made a clipping hack (walk through walls) and is planning on starting to use it in PvP. ive never seen it done, but i would imagine that if there is enough data client side to spead hack, theres probably enough to clipping hack too

Another stealthed official post. What's the story with those? Can we only see them via force meditation?

Maybe certain replies need to be reviewed and they flag it? With something like this, I can see that happening.

Also...what is the new warning on the launcher? When was it added??

Very thankful Bioware is finally at least acknowledging that hacks do in fact exist in game. Here's hoping the douchebag hackers actually get their toons deleted, permanently ip banned, and origin account banned.

I agree 100%!!!! I know companies are reluctant to ban people from paying $, but hackers ACTIVELY destroy games, despite what they may spend...and every cent they spend, they'll spend again to re-gear up. Banning them is win-win for players AND Bioware.

Besides there would be a 50% chance they were on your team.

Uh, and that is supposed to make it all ok? Hackers are fine, as long as they are on your side, is that what you are saying?

I could not disagree more. I've been in one huttball match where I saw clear speed hacking by someone on my team. That person scored two goals in about 20 seconds all alone. I grabbed the ball and ran towards our spawn point, with the intention of passing it to the other team for a score. Unfortunately the match ended before I could even things out.