PvE Assault Spec Gear Advice

Remh

I'm making an AS DPS Vanguard. After reading many topics on this forum I didn't find what i was looking for: Clear advice on how to gear my vanguard. What are the values i should be aiming for to optimize my dps? How much crit, accuracy and surge should i get?

Does anyone have a link to a BiS askmrrobot profile in 63 gear maybe? If not, i'll make on based on the advice given here.

The general consensus that I've seen/heard is that you want to try to get to about 30% critical rate (unbuffed) and 75% critical multiplier unbuffed, and get your accuracy up to 100%, then just add aim/power as you see fit.

But these are the things that you need to worry about after you get to 50 for the most part.

Edited by unluckyperson

Thanks for the reply.

What i meant with 'making a dps vanguard' is that i'm gearing him. He's already level 50 with a full set of 63 tanking gear.

I've just ordered a full set of 63 gear (including hazmat implants, ear, relics, ...).

The combined stats are:

-300 surge rating

-300 accuracy rating

-258 crit rating

For relics i chose:

-elite war hero relic of boundless ages

-dread guard relic of dark radiance

And i will augment everything with aim augments.

Buffed and stimmed (and with datacrons etc) that should give me these (Tech) stats:

-Bonus Damage 1099

-Accuracy 110%

-Critical Chance 38.38%

-Critical Multiplier 76.28%

-Aim 2446

I will put the mods in a tionese combat tech set for the setbonus.

I'm gonna use this spec: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Powertech#i2i-132-22ik1ceif

What do you guys think? Any suggestions or comments?

Once i get everything in the gear i'll test it on an ops dummy and i'll post my results here.

Thanks!

Damn that's a bit expensive to do all at once heh.

Spec looks good, except get prototype cylinders/blaster augs (3% tech crit) instead of the point next to it.

DG relic of boundless ages is better if you can handle clicking the button every couple minutes, ideally along with the 25% crit bonus. Its not amazingly better than ewh tho if you already have ewh and don't want to grind daily comma or buy another relic.

Your surge/acc and crit/power breakouts look right.

If you have battle master shells, they are marginally better than the pve set bonus, maybe 20 DPS.