Flashpoint grouping question

Hi I tried searching the forums but I couldn't find anything to specifically answer this question,

If I make a character in the Republic Alliance and my friend makes a character in the Empire alliance, will we be able to still do flashpoints together? Also how limiting is it for friends in different alliances to play together in groups for other things like PVE questing?

Thank you in advance for your help.

No, they are completely separate. There is currently nothing in game you can do together as opposing factions besides kill each other. I'm pretty sure that can't even happen until you get to Nar Shaddaa (fourth planet, approximately level 20).

Thanks for the reply :), be cool if you could share quests one day though, either way I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

No, they are completely separate. There is currently nothing in game you can do together as opposing factions besides kill each other. I'm pretty sure that can't even happen until you get to Nar Shaddaa (fourth planet, approximately level 20).

The story kind of prevents it whilst leveling, but I have thought that the end game should be open. When you leave the story behind for gear chasing and beating raid mechanics very few people would care about factions. They would be caring about player skill and gear optimisation. I doubt it something we will ever see in this game though.

No you can't do flashpoints together, BUT... Evidently Empire and Republic must have some of the same world missions. A Jedi and my Sith Inquisitor had the same mission which we did togetther. We did not try to kill each other, lol. BUT.... our 2 companions kept getting into it from time to time. We could not stop them. We just had to wait till one died. (I was higher level so his died when they fought). It was a fun run and very different. The companion fights were actually pretty funny.

:D