Having trouble keybinding

Kenjer

for some reason i cannot keybind ctrl+alt+1

ctrl+shift+alt+1 works.

Strangely enough, im having issues keybinding it in other games as well. Anyone ever come accross this issue or have a solution?

Some keystrokes are resticted to the OS. Don't know about this one in particular but Alt-F4 is the default to close a program and it can't be bound. I opened a ticket and was told that it is restricted. I'm sure there are others. If you Goggle ctrl+alt+1, you'll find that other progams can't bind it either.

Here is an article about never using ctrl-alt for binding because it's used to generate special characters. It's also used by the Windows OS as a shortcut key for menu items. It seems to be a bad practice to use it in keybinding. My guess is you have it mapped at the OS level to a menu command or it's generating a special character.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2004/03/29/101121.aspx

Edited by Owsley

the thing is that on my old computer i could bind ctrl alt 1 in both SWTOR and WOW. I've also tried changing keyboards and it hasn't helped, so i don't think its a hardware thing. There is obviously some setting that is preventing me from doing it, i just need to know how to find and change it, was hoping someone here might know

the thing is that on my old computer i could bind ctrl alt 1 in both SWTOR and WOW. I've also tried changing keyboards and it hasn't helped, so i don't think its a hardware thing. There is obviously some setting that is preventing me from doing it, i just need to know how to find and change it, was hoping someone here might know

Same OS on both computers?

Yep. Windows 7 64 bit on both. US Standard Keyboard layout on both.

Its funny because its my keybind to mount up - which isn't combat necessary or anything, but its a keybind i have been using in multiple games for many years, so its hard to not be frustrated by it!