Rate the Consular story 1-10.

ncupton

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's pretty tough to fairly rate the storylines compared to each other. The Consular story takes a more non-combat, bigger picture turn. After Act 1, you begin focusing on forming an army to defeat the Sith. Throughout the story, its not really "youyouyou" like some of the other storylines. It's focuses much more on the bigger picture and you are really just a piece in the puzzle.

For me, it's an 8/10. I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like a more behind the scenes approach, then it's a fun storyline.

Just finished it Saturday night.

I would rate it 9/10, with the closing act.. I have enjoyed what parts I have seen in all 6 of my class stories tho. Well,,, the end is straight out of the movies, but, kinda.. Missing .. Something.. Maybe final closure? but they dont want you to stop playing.

Maybe I was looking for a message that said "Here is the treasure, spend it wisely".

Just hit lv 50, but havent completed the entire story yet (on Voss still actually) and I have to say that I really enjoyed the class quests a lot. If you enjoyed the KOTOR I & II stories I think you should definitely give this story a try because it really hits the elements of what makes a good RPG well.

Also i'm an IR student so, without giving some of the plot away, this class was especially cool to me. But for any Star Wars fan the class story is definitely a 8/10 at the least.

BTW: I've enjoyed the entire story so far, but it really picks up after lv 30.

I quite enjoyed it, I would say 7/10.

It would be 10 but Act 1 isn't that great, Act 2 and 3 are a lot better.

I'm glad you said that, I've had my Sage and Shadow since December and still haven't had the will until this week to push them any further than Tatooine. The story just feels so...dull, there's no connection with the player.

I think the biggest problem with both Jedi storylines is that we get knighted far too soon. I recently rolled my first Imperial character, a Warrior, and the constant strive for progression really draws you in.

So far, I'm rating it maybe 3 out of 10: the female voice acting saves it in my opinion. Looking forward to getting off of Chapter 1 and seeing the other two though, I'm hoping my rating will shoot up. :)

-J

3/10

First chapter is just about making errand across the universe. Also, the jedi council doesn't care about the fact you die slowly. Nothing is done about it, the npcs says "oh you seems weak !" after you saved them, but that's all. In the end, it doesn't matter AT ALL.

Second and third chapters are even more horrible. They try to makes you a diplomat, which is really a great idea. But you NEVER do diplomacy. The NPC are aboard your ship, but you don"t have any diplomacy discussions or whatever. They just stand here all day, and send you to 1/liberate the planet 2/make an army, at each stop.

Also, the traitor is SOOOOO obvious, I knew he was a traitor almost at first sight. The voice actor is overplaying him so hard...

And finally, the ultimate bad guy is obvious. It's either him/her (no spoiler, you'll find anyway), Satele, Yuon Par or the third master (don't know his name, don't know who he is, he just appear sometimes during briefing as the useless third master). And it couldn't be Satele because she is Satele. Neither it can be Yuon Par, because she disappear once the first chapter is done. I don't know what happen to her, she stop talking to me. It would have been a good twist though.

Finally, the companions suck.

Qyzen is all about hunt. It's pathological. This guy think of hunt ALL THE TIME. He see a wookie, he want to skin him. He see a cat, he want to kill it. He see an imperial, he want to hunt him. He clean his bag, he found trophies and think about past hunt. You talk about your romance, he want to offer you a hunt trophy ! Seriously, get a life Qyzen. Also, this guy think you are some kind of messiah for his goddess, because you saved him from a prison. No kidding....

Tharan have an horrible voice, and is egomaniac. Holiday is far more interesting as the "holographic geek bimbo who still have a brain but hide it".

Iresso is a "random trooper with issues because he was captured by Imps, boo hoo".

Zenith is a ruthless paranoid who want to kill/blackmail almost everyone just to be sure they don't plan something. He is as friendly as a block of ice. And yet I'm sure a vanilla ice cream is more friendly.

Nadia is the only one interesting character, but yet, you unlock her only around lvl 45 (end of belsavis), which is horribly late for your padawan. A padawan is supposed to be really close to his/her master, and you have like 5lvl to make such links. Also, if you are male, the "forbidden romance" with the padawan sounds cool, if you want to make a romance in 5lvl. The JK unlock his padawan around lvl 15, and AFAIK, she is part of the storyline.

Chapter 1 - 1/10 some of the worst story telling I've seen, repetitive and boring every characters ch1 is better

Chapter 2 - 8/10 I thought chapter 2 was pretty good though I too knew who the traitor was as soon as they even mentioned there was one, but aside from that I thought it was a pretty solid chapter with some good momments

Chapter 3 - 7/10 was kind of Meh but it was what it was, it wasn't great but it wasnt bad either

All in all 16/30 so pretty much a 5/10 overall

Prologue - 4/10 It's interesting in that you get into the history of the Jedi and Sith orders. You're trying to stop somebody from going in the wrong direction and save them from the dark side of the force that they really don't understand. Quyzen who is a hunter and lives his entire life revolving around that and the great Scorekeeper just sort of falls flat which is why I knocked it down so far. There is so much potential in that companion that never gets explored.

Chapter 1 - 1/10 This is annoying, depressing, and just really bad writing. There's no build up. There's no attachment to the people you're sent out to save. They're just random Jedi who the Council believes are more important than you are. So by all means go sacrifice yourself for their benefit and if you die, oh well. It just totally fell flat on its face for me, and seems that by the end you would have already just given up. The cold, aloof, and miserable lack of concern from the Council (which after getting to the end makes sense) has for your own well being is a real turn off. And getting the obnoxious Theran Cedrax as a companion was icing on the crap cake (I want to shove him out my airlock and see how long he lasts in space without a suit).

Chapter 2 - 3/10 There's no real closure to the force disease you've been battling against only a hint that it all faded away when you defeated the end of Chapter 1. Where in the heck did the whole "we think you'd be a good diplomat" idea come from? And you're not even a diplomat, you're a lapdog trained to fetch and given over to a bunch of people who again there's no connection to. The only ones that ever interact to do anything other than whine incessantly about how bad the Republic has treated them is Senator Grell and Nadia. So you're not a diplomat, you're a recruitment poster for the Republic. Again it feels like weak writing and minimal connection. Iresso and Zenith are once again disconnected companions who feel like they're just dropped on your head because somebody else doesn't want to deal with them.

Chapter 3 - 6/10 So now the proverbial crap has really hit the fan and you're really in a war. So there's a good aspect in that you're directing your troops like a general, making decisions on important targets based off what small intel you have. It's not bad, but there could have been so much more. The final villain is revealed (which explains the total lack of concern for your life in Chapter 1 sort of), and you now have a target. By and large the best part of the Consular story lines are on Voss and Corellia. You gain Nadia as a padawan, granted its late, but at least she's got a connection to you and is likable enough in that insecure teenage sort of way. I couldn't even imagine romancing her as a male character though, which totally drops that out of the running (it would be like romancing your kid sister =P...).

Overall - 3.5/10 The story was far too disconnected from the character. Most of the time I would feel like I was watching somebody else's story and just doing all the work. The companions we get just feel dumped on you except for Qyzen and Nadia. The "advancement" in the Jedi order didn't seem justified or even explained well, and it was only as an afterthought at the beginning of Chapter 2 because nobody who wasn't a Master could be a diplomat. While the ending was decent and more engaging, it was too little-too late. There are so many holes left in the story that had no substance at all to fill them.

I rate it a 9 if you include the companion quests. Chapter 1 was a little slow, but the Consular is more of a diplomat. I play with a friend who is a Jedi Guardian, and it seems his class quests involve more killing things. Chapter 2 was better than Ch.1. I'm currently in Chapter 3 and I'm really excited to see it finished. The companion story lines are pretty fun too. I didn't like Theran much at first, but he kinda grows on you. He actually has the highest affection from me at the moment, and Holiday is hilarious!

Consular might not be for everyone, but it's a good story for those who like healing. The story doesn't mesh as well with the Shadow, as the Consular story revolves around obtaining special healing abilities.

I'd rank it a 6.

The following dodges major spoilers, but doesn't shy away from the more minor.

Chapter 1 is subpar. Sort of a straightforward, cheesy, find this, solve the problem, look at our special little chosen one, story.

Chapter 1 gets a 4.

Chapter 2 is my favorite of the 3. Very day in the life of a Jedi feeling. Meshes well with the planet stories. You're going places and helping people. A little aimless, I guess you could say, but it makes you feel important, and has decent interactions with the Rift Alliance and those on the planets.

Chapter 2 gets an 8.

Chapter 3 is the middle chapter in quality. Corellia is great. The final boss is a little underwhelming, IMO, but everything comes together with the work you've done for the Rift Alliance beautifully. However the other planets are much worse in quality. A few Children are interesting (like the Belsavis one) the rest suck. The idea of an Army of the Esh-ka was a little underdeveloped. Could have been much better done to make it more interesting and less cheesy. "Hmm, I wonder where I could find a big *** army...?" "Oh, I know one!" was a tad ridiculous. Corellia is a 9 and the other planets are a 6. 7 Overall.

I rate it poorly, but then again most of them are... they have a structure and an intensity that reminds me of story books written for a 12 year old. These class stories fall way way way short of Kotor 1 etc etc etc etc They are trite forgettable affairs. Companion stories are even worse, with little to no attachment being generated for them at all. Frankly the consular story is a bland and uninteresting journey (and the VO actors are so dead pan they almost put you to sleep). The game lacks soul and the class stories drives this home hard. I want to enjoy this game, but it is hard to do... the poor class stories (over all), god awful class mirroring and lack of social elements make it a lack lustre experience. Maybe the consular gets an ME 3 choose your light show/sabre ending.

Most non "hardcore" consular players hate and do not rate the consular story at all. Its rather bland and meh in their eyes (from what I have read.Just look at other forums under story lines thread and the worst and most boring is always Consular)

Comparing to smuggler for example, while I didnt like the errand boy feeling of the Smuggler story, it was still more fun that Consular.

In Chp1 consular, what was all this nonsense about taking a part of the character and weakening him to cure the ill ,when in the end it didnt have any effect at all? No one ever mentions it again.

Feels like ,overall,glorified go here kill this, helps this, find this,Thanks,bye.No reason or "bite" to the storys.

2/10

I would give the cosnualr story line an 8 or 9 out of 10.

The first chapter is weak, but then its a fetch/kill/capture quest, franky the Trooper and the Jedi Knight is the same the only diffrence is you can let animosity fuel your motivation for JK or Trooper. Smuggler you are an errand boy/girl.

same with inquisitor, i think Sith Warrior is really diffrent as you are working toward corrupting some one Jeasa Willsam.

Consular you have no onset of Animosity with Vivicar, he dosent troll you like Angral or send minions to attack you. He didnt monumentaly screw you over like Skavik.

But chapter 2 and 3 are very focused. The goal is 2 pronged ferret out the Children of the emperor sleeper agents and strengthen the republic by building an army. And that is a white knuckle ride.

My take on the Jedi Consular story is EXTREMELY different from the majority of posts I've read about this subject. I absolutely loved the JC story.

Act 1. People keep saying this is the worst act but I rate it the 2nd best act based on the flow of the story and the planets. The one common denominator I keep seeing is people complaining about the fact that the "weakening" aspect of the shielding technique is never explained. I personally feel it was explained right away when you're 1st sent after the noetikons. It is very apparent that the last person to use the shielding technique used it so much that it eventually killed them. That's the warning you get and whey some of the people involved in the decision don't want you to attempt it. Nobody knows how much shielding one can take (I might be able to handle way more or way less of it than the next Jedi) and it's dangerous because if you do it too much you die. The fact that I was able to shield all 5 masters successfully shows how much inner strength I have and also explains why the council puts so much faith in my abilities later on in the story. As for the masters themselves, I found it very interesting to see how the force plague led each of them into different delusions. I also loved the way the masters were linked together by Vivicar and I thought that story unfolded very nicely. In addition, I enjoyed the way each inflicted masters plan on their respective planet felt like a separate and dire quest on it's own completely outside of the big picture. The Alderran story arc was ESPECIALLY good in my opinion.

Act 2. This was my favorite act based on the story and the planets involved. It made perfect sense for me to be assigned to the Rift Alliance, and as a Jedi, (even the Bar'senthor) it's my duty to carry out the orders of the supreme chancellor for the good of the Republic. Some people keep saying the traitor was sooo obvious but I guess I'm an idiot because it wasn't obvious to me. I also liked the way the Children of the Emperor story wove it's way into the plight of the Rift Alliance. It was like digging a hole and continuing to uncover a larger fossil than you thought you were going to. The more involved you got in the attempt to stem the onset of war, the more you discovered the manipulative plot of the 1st Son and the inevitability of a galaxy-wide conflict.

Act 3. This was my least favorite act based on the story and the planets involved. I absolutely LOVED how the story progressed and the finish of the story itself, but I did not like Voss at all. I enjoyed it so little that I'm actually dreading that part of the class story for every other class. That is the only reason I rate this act below act 1. Gathering allies made perfect sense to me because they made it quite obvious in the previous act that the republic forces alone will not be enough to overcome the Sith empire. The Voss mystics were introduced very well and it made perfect sense for me to try to recruit them. The Esh-Kha also made perfect sense and you actually interact with a being of the species of that guy who leads you around Belsavis in act 1 so that was a very nice tie-in. Of course Corellia was awesome and the payoff was a real mind blower for me. Again, maybe I'm an idiot but I didn't see that coming. Anyone can say the ending was sooo obvious after they've actually seen the ending, but if you've got 3 potential culprits to be the 1st Son, and you can only rule out 1 of them and you don't have an actual reason why you ruled out the 2nd one, that's not an obvious ending.

Companions

Qyzen: Those complaining about the fact that Qyzen's whole world revolves around the hunt simply don't like that part of Star Wars lore because ALL Trandoshans act like this. It is the thing that defines their race. Complaining about Qyzen's desire to hunt is like complaining about a Jedi's trust in the Force or a Sith's desire for power.

Theran: I didn't really care about Theran after I finished with Nar Shadaa. I could have done without him. (Although I would not have been able to solo the end boss without him.)

Iresso: He made perfect sense to me. Stationed on Hoth because of his checkered past, fighting a losing battle on Hoth, assigned to you because you effectively end the Hoth conflict.

Zenith: He also made perfect sense to me. Betrayed and forced to watch his planet fall to ruin under an imperial regime. It would be unrealistic for him to be happy, trustful or honorable.

Nadia: The perfect padawan. Everything about her story from her latent, raw force abilities to her father's fate set her up to be the perfect padawan.

I rate the Jedi Consular storyline an 8/10. Voss brings the story down for me but everything else was brilliant.

(sorry for the looong post)

Chapter 1- 0/10 Worst story ever,poorly wrote,a lot of holes and soo repititive

Chapter 2- 7/10 Intriging,fun,keeps you playing and imersed

Chapter 3- 10/10 EPIC is an understatement

Just my opinion;)