Tank Classes Spec'd for DPS Queue as Tanks...

*** is up with this lately?! As I'm leveling some alt dps's I constantly find that the tanks who queue in GF are actually 'Tank' classes that can spec for dps as well. The biggest offenders have to be the new F2P Juggs though. My god, the amount of times I have to sit there and ask the Tank to switch to Soresu form is ridiculous. Can Bioware implement some feature that forces these ******s to actually use their tanking stances when they queue as tanks? That might seem a bit extreme, but in reality they should already be using the stance in the first place.

Anybody else been running into this lately? 'Tank' classes that are not using their tanking stances, sometimes don't have shield generators, and or are equipped in pure DPS gear with not even a single defense, shield, or absorb stat boost?!

I do end up kicking them. Every time. It's just very irritating when I have to stop playing to look at the tank's gear and abilities and realize that they're an idiot.

Also, yes you would think that in pre 50 FP's that a tank class toon would be able to tank just fine, even if they are not a pure tank, however when you run into dozens of these idiots who first off don't even use their tanking stance, but secondly play like a dps, then you'll start to realize the frustration I'm running into. I don't care how many high threat abilities you have, if you're not using a threat generating rotation, not using a tanking stance, and you don't have a shield generator equipped then you are not a tank, and thus you should not be queuing in group finder to play as one. Especially when you're not even going to try and pull enemies off of the healers and the dps who are actually playing their roles correctly.

Edited by SavageSock

It depends which fps and how close to lv50. At the extreme, BT & Esseles, at lv10 the tank has no tanking ability. Mind you the queue doesn't pop if no tank queues. So I don't mind dps geared/speced tank class to queue as tank for lowbie.

It is more about tanking mentality. When the system put the player into tank role, he needs to at least know the role and perform to the best of ability available even dps spec/geared. At the very least, don't let the elite wielding at the healer.

If he refuses to change to tank stance (or doesn't even know what that is), then kicking is not unwarranted.

Anybody else been running into this lately? 'Tank' classes that are not using their tanking stances, sometimes don't have shield generators, and or are equipped in pure DPS gear with not even a single defense, shield, or absorb stat boost?!

Just keep in mind that there's none of that available until level ~35 or so. Before that all you can do is choose between endurance and mainstat, and more endurance just gives the healer a bit more time to apply heals, time that isn't really needed anyway. Even after the amount of gear available with it is pretty limited unless you craft it or buy it from crafters.