[help request] Leveling as Sage vs. Scoundrel

Kenjer

Hello!

Wanted to get some help from the community on the best course of action for leveling and specs. I have decided to take a break from my 50's on the empire side and create some Pub toons! For the sake of variety from what i have on the empire side, i have decided on a Sage and a Scoundrel. Both of these toons have full orange, and i will be crafting blue armorings/mods/enh and purple barrel / hilts for all tiers - all of that to say that all things being equal, gear will be good and consistent.

Again, for the sake of variety of gameplay, i want to level one as a healing type role, and one as a DPS type role. I also want to level one through PVP and one through PVE/story. So here is my question: Which class and spec should i use for each role/method. My first instinct is that some sort of hybrid healing/dps spec for PVE and a DPS for PVP would work best, but i have zero experience with both classes.

For PVE i would like to:

- Be able to solo most quests, including as many heroic quests as possible

- Be able to kill at a relatively high speed (it drove me nuts on my empire tank PT taking forever to kill anything while mako kept me up forever)

For PVP i would like to:

- Be able to effectively help my team / make a real contribution at all levels

Thoughts of what combinations of specs, roles and leveling methods would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

This is a tough one because there are some advantages and disadvantages to each. I would actually suggest you go with a healing/hybrid Scoundrel for the PvP toon and a straight DPS Sage for PvE. Scoundrels are fun for PvP because of the flexibility you get with stealth and stuns and such.

If you want to level fast in PvE, you want to go straight DPS. This is true regardless of which toon is doing what. You can skip a lot more trash using a scoundrel's stealth ability. Leveling as a healer will be slower than leveling as a DPS either way. I found it rather easy to solo heroic 2's with my Sage. You get force lift, which can be used in combat. You get your healer as your second toon, which also helps with soloing heroics.

Sages are also good for leveling quickly in PvE because you get a ton of AOE, which makes clearing trash a breeze. Level with the hybrid that gives you Force in Balance, Telekinetic Wave and Force Quake, and you will find three casts enough to take down most standard mob groups.

Level with the hybrid that gives you Force in Balance, Telekinetic Wave and Force Quake, and you will find three casts enough to take down most standard mob groups.

Please note that there's no hybrid that grants Force Quake! You don't know what you're talking about!

:p

Please note that there's no hybrid that grants Force Quake! You don't know what you're talking about!

:p

Not sure if serious.

Force Quake is a universal skill. You get it regardless of build. If you take the hybrid that gives you both TK Wave and Force in Balance, you have three AOE skills to work with.