does 1.4 have Terror From Beyond in group finder ?

mackerel

With nerf to Denova SM in 1.4 (to make it easier to pug groups to clear it) they might consider adding it in the future. But that's it.

I think this, but seperate it from KP and EV. Similar to how LI is seperated from other HMs. EC is still more challenging than KP or EV so seperating it would make more sense to make sure everyone who wants to do it is prepared to go in and not just getting a random pop.

• Dev Post

I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about when players can expect to see Terror from Beyond and Explosive Conflict in the Group Finder. He said it's definitely something we're planning to do, but had some information about why they aren't in quite yet:

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool. Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, so we want to make sure the timing and the rewards are right before we do this.

I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about when players can expect to see Terror from Beyond and Explosive Conflict in the Group Finder. He said it's definitely something we're planning to do, but had some information about why they aren't in quite yet:

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool. Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, so we want to make sure the timing and the rewards are right before we do this.

So do what was done with HM's and have Tiers for the Ops in GF. Seriously. Add a tooltip. This isn't rocket science.

Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace,

Why?

I do not understand why it would have to be an 'either/or' scenario.

Why can't there be tiers of raids in the group finder, like there's tiers of HM FP's?

Tier 1:

SM KP/EV

Tier 2:

SM EC/TFB

By your own logic, HM LI is tuned for players at columi(+) level, too, but that isn't clearly marked anywhere in game, either.

I feel i should be able to queue for EC/TFB story if i think my gear is ready for it, but not at the expense of being able to queue for EV/KP story.

Gear check.

Problem solved

There are already two tiers for Hard Mode flashpoints, that logic could be add to the operations too. And don't really understand why would adding the "tier 2" operations mean that the older ones have to roll out? They are still great for gearing up alts and new players to Columi.

(also would be great to add world bosses and endgame weekly/daily quests to the Finder but thats offtopic here)

Stpry mode EC is going to be more accessible finally? So now I won't have people tell me that my full WH Shadowtank is "less than yseless" as I have been told too many times? I can finally start getting the damn Campaign together in that case. This whole gear separation crap has pissed me off because NOBODY wants to take a player through any operation (normal mode included) who is wearing all pvp gear. If 1.4 means my War Hero equipped Shadow can finally get the pve gear she needs then all I have to say is...WHAT THE KRIFFING HELL TOOK SO LONG?!?!?!

Seriously, this gear separation has got to go. Nine months I have been playing this game and have done one, ONE, operation on eight characters because people will not take me due to my gear. That's discrimination in my book. So if I can run EC SM in my WH gear then I am going to be happy as hell.

Stpry mode EC is going to be more accessible finally? So now I won't have people tell me that my full WH Shadowtank is "less than yseless" as I have been told too many times? I can finally start getting the damn Campaign together in that case. This whole gear separation crap has pissed me off because NOBODY wants to take a player through any operation (normal mode included) who is wearing all pvp gear. If 1.4 means my War Hero equipped Shadow can finally get the pve gear she needs then all I have to say is...WHAT THE KRIFFING HELL TOOK SO LONG?!?!?!

Seriously, this gear separation has got to go. Nine months I have been playing this game and have done one, ONE, operation on eight characters because people will not take me due to my gear. That's discrimination in my book. So if I can run EC SM in my WH gear then I am going to be happy as hell.

Or you can get PvE gear and start clearing out the content. :)

I've spent a lot of time reverse engineering the level 49 stuff on my Cybertech and my Armormech, so as to get the purple schematics. Is that what you mean by Columi? I didn't see any other schematics on the vendor past the ones I've purchased.

I've spent a lot of time reverse engineering the level 49 stuff on my Cybertech and my Armormech, so as to get the purple schematics. Is that what you mean by Columi? I didn't see any other schematics on the vendor past the ones I've purchased.

Columi drops from HM FP's and Storymode EV/KP, it's not crafted.

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool.

Uhm... isn't it exactly the thing you did implementing LI HM? Nothing in the game warns you about its difficulty level, nothing suggests you to queue for it only if you have a certain level of gear. Yet you can freely queue for LI as soon as you reach 50. This definitely "causes frustration for players who are undergeared, and bogs down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool", yet LI HM is here for a long time and is not going to be changed in any way.

All gear currently has a score, depending on the mods inside it. So why not come up with a Minimum Gear Score requirement for those two Operations?

All gear currently has a score, depending on the mods inside it. So why not come up with a Minimum Gear Score requirement for those two Operations?

You'd need a smarter system that just a simple gear score check. The system would also have to see if you're currently using PvE gear, and while you're at it add a minimum stat check that also considered your spec and role.

Eg,

60% + surge

25% + Crit rate

95%+ Hit rate

15%+ Defense

30%+ shield

35%+ Absorb

This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool

To say nothing of the frustration of people who are properly geared and grouped with noobs.

Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace

Why? This makes absolutely no sense.

As for gear check, just do a sum total of applicable stats. You're only allowed to check the tank box if you meet the minimum requirement of Endurance + Defense + Shield + Absorb. For DPS it would be Main Stat + Power + Crit + Surge. For each armor slot, take the best piece out of what you're wearing and what's in inventory.

This method allows dual role queue, and doesn't mind pvp gear as long as the stats are good enough.

Edited by LarryRow

Stpry mode EC is going to be more accessible finally? So now I won't have people tell me that my full WH Shadowtank is "less than yseless" as I have been told too many times? I can finally start getting the damn Campaign together in that case.

SM EC does not drop campaign gear. It doesn't even drop Black Hole gear (except for Kephess). It drops Rakata gear.

This whole gear separation crap has pissed me off because NOBODY wants to take a player through any operation (normal mode included) who is wearing all pvp gear. If 1.4 means my War Hero equipped Shadow can finally get the pve gear she needs then all I have to say is...WHAT THE KRIFFING HELL TOOK SO LONG?!?!?!

If you want to play PvE so bad, get PvE gear. It's really not that hard. You can do SM ops and HM flashpoints through the group finder and gear up in Columi and then start doing HM ops for Rakata gear.

Also, while doing these through the group finder, you will be getting Black Hole commendations (you can also get 6 Black Hole commendations doing the weekly in the Black Hole) and you can use those to purchase Black Hole gear.

Gearing up a level 50 in PvE gear is NOT difficult if you're not lazy.

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool.

You know there are other people that play this game that have the gear required for these Operations right? Why do they get punished and ignored by Bioware again and again?

Does it seriously not occur to you people that maybe geared players want to use the Group Finder also?

Sometimes Guilds are short 1, 2 or 3 people on a raid night, but due to the ignorant stance Bioware takes on this 'tool' they are forced to spam chat channels to fill these raid spots instead of just using Group Finder. So effectively, there might as well be no Group Finder tool.

Honestly, as a player I think these things should be obvious to you and the company you represent Allison.

Other posts mention adding a way to calculate gear score or some such but obviously that's more work for you guys, who can barely keep up as it is. All you have to do is add a prompt or warning of the difficulty of Explosive Conflict or Terror From Beyond when a player ques for it.

"Warning: it is not recommended to attempt this Operation without acquiring gear from Karagga's Palace / Eternity Vault"

Or something to that effect. It's an easy yet effective way to tell someone they need to be prepared first.

Generally one would assume that if a player ques for a raid and is nowhere near the appropriate skill or gear requirement, they find themselves to be ineffective and resolve to try again later after clearing easier content. One could even assume that the fact they even tried to do Higher End content before doing Lower End content is a result of the game not communicating proper progression to said players.

There is no excuse good enough for not having every Operation and every available difficulty in group finder. Having players attempt content and be frustrated with it is much better than having them be frustrated by not being able to attempt it all due to being unable to find a group for it.

IN SUMMARY

Not being able to find a group for all of the available Operations via Group Finder would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool.

Edited by OrphanOfDarkness
summarized

Gear score is not the best options imo .. Skilled player who are familiar with the mechanics, regardless of whether its Ops or FPs, are able to clear content in lower grade gear. Also what if you'd like to have a fresh 50 in the group for the purpose of gearing up ?

Another point I'd like to make is that you're getting RANDOM people through the LFG tool -> example Lost Island is the shortest and quickest FP to run through these days in a reasonable group, however through the LFG tool you get people in "hybrid" specs, recruit gear, fake tanks, fake healers ... people who have no idea what they're doing etc ... basically RANDOM people. Would you really want to run EC HM for example with a "hybrid" healer in recruit gear ? Yes you could implement a gear check but that raises an entire set of different issues.

On top of that in Europe you also have to consider that a lot of people don't actually speak English at ALL. And practically all "completely" random KP SM groups for example fail on the fabricator as they just can't communicate what needs to be done!

"Spamming" /1 is the best way to pug !

LFG tool is only useful for extremely easy content which can be cleared with a "worst case scenario" group :) -> that is no gear and a complete lack of understanding of the mechanics.

I don't know if this would work but if it's too complicated for the system to check gear, how about checking player logs?

What i mean by this is that the Group Finder forces natural progression by not making every choice available from the start to a fresh 50. Tier 2 of HM'es and Ops'es won't be available until you've successfully cleared the first tier, or in the event of HM FP'es a certain amount of tier 1 HM'es (doesnt have to be every individual FP). It will not guarantee that the players are geared but it will atleast increase the chance that they are.

Another thing, is it really that hard to implement a voice channel for operations? Personally I've never really felt the need for it, although it does speed some things up the first time you are trying to beat something, but other people in GF more or less persist on that everyone joins vent/TS/Mumble/etc. It always takes forever for someone to pull out the info and even longer for people to download the apps and join. For those who don't want to download the app or simply cant be bothered with running a second program there's always the risk that some *** will vote to kick. It would have been so much easier with a voice channel in the game. I'm not an avid MMO'er so I'm not sure if MMO'es use this system at all.

Edited by MidichIorian

Why would adding more options, require the removal of existing options? There's no reason that a LFG tool can't encompass ALL the content in the game.. segregate it by drop down according to Tier...but don't remove content from the tool