Force sweep for 4k dmg, how?

Thanatus

Saw a 49 twink running around smashing like mad last night. I don't parse and did not see a killing blow from smash from him but huge chunks of health went away when he hit. I would guess he did upwards of 5K, maybe even more in sub-50. I was on my scrapper so I was sure to shoot first when he would leap or if I saw him choking someone. Couldn't contain him. All I could do was try to be as annoying as possible. Was kind of fun, actually. Edited by Technohic

Ok, I guess it's just something I'll have to deal with...

Gearwise, what are the best stats to reduce the dmg dealt (for me as an operative). Would that be absorption and/or defense rating. As an operative healer, should I gear for more survivability (e.g. defense/absorption) or should I go for power/critical/surge to increase the healing numbers?

Thanks

Edited by Thanatus

As an operative healer, should I gear for more survivability (e.g. defense/absorption) or should I go for power/critical/surge to increase the healing numbers?

Never, ever gear for absorb if you aren't using a shield. The stat will do nothing for you. I suggest against gearing for defense as a healer. What you need is expertise and health. And agility -- the playstyle, not the stat.

Never, ever gear for absorb if you aren't using a shield. The stat will do nothing for you. I suggest against gearing for defense as a healer. What you need is expertise and health. And agility -- the playstyle, not the stat.

^^^ This never ever ever use defense/absorb unless you are a tank class, running a tank spec, using a tank's shield generator, and even then for PvP most run dps gear.

Its an op spec that will eventually be nerfed. Best bet atm is just to avoid the smshes although sometimes they are unavoidable if he decides to go after you, if you see him leaping to someone to smash get out the way so you wont take any smashes passively.. it is aoe after all ^^

Its an op spec that will eventually be nerfed. Best bet atm is just to avoid the smshes although sometimes they are unavoidable if he decides to go after you, if you see him leaping to someone to smash get out the way so you wont take any smashes passively.. it is aoe after all ^^

Yeah. Try not to stand in tempting clumps of players. Expertise might help reduce damage a bit, but your best bet is to heal up faster than he can hit you. Stun/root him and get out of there after his leap before he smashes, if you can - you can't always. Get a tank to guard you and make sure they don't stand close enough to get hit by the same smashes.

Basically, as said, it's OP and you'll have to live with it until Bioware get around to nerfing it.

I'm just gonna drop this here,

for 3 days I played on focus spec, lemme tell you its boring as all hell, the worse 1 trick pony of all.

I'm completely min max´dd wh with some pieces of elite war hero mixed in as I'm min maxing ewh now.

my biggets crit against an annoying assassin were 2 x 8k+ sweeps.

I want at least one of my attacks on combat spec to hit like that.....

besides that its a terrible spec and only guardian/juggernauts should use it, mara/sents on focus spec are just braindead terrible players.

IIRC "base damage" means how much damage the ability will do if you have no gear equipped and no talents chosen. So it's never going to be close to how much the ability will actually hit for, especially if it's one that auto-crits like Force Sweep and has various damage multipliers and surge bonuses (plus the fact that the character may have been twinked).

Jugg/Mara has nothing except sweep/smash in that tree. And before you tell me "but X adv class can not do the same damage with their AOE ability" remember that all these X's can do other things beside their AOE.

The rage tree is an AOE tree, they can not do 1v1. All they can do is jump and smash and then run away. Too bad they are getting a nerf, but hey it is just 16%.

Ps, I don't use the Rage tree on my mara.

Anyone who claims that they can't handle 1on1 situations with a Rage-Mara simply has NO idea what they are doing. :rolleyes:

Well I never used it so that was more or less my opinion, looking at the skill tree they don't look they can handle themselves as good as Carnage/Annihilation would.

And yes a mara would fare well better than a jugg in 1v1 while using the rage tree. But that still doesn't change the fact that rage is supposed to do AOE damage.

Edited by znihilist