The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

i would totaly leave ops like this. 6hours,,,come on lol

i had ops today (not the group finder one but...)

it was DP ...so u know the moment with past/future...our leader reseted it like twice cause of using force speed while carrying crystal

then after we got kinda mad at him he presented his point of view and asked "ok?"

i said "no. we send tank+healer. u reseted this twice already." he replied "I DONT NEED YOUR OPINION ON THIS"

wth :p anyway we finished whole in the end, but dude got auto ignore hall of shame

Edited by RaptorClown

Was in a FP checked the Juggs gear he was running around with Cunning mods, I asked him if he knew he was running around in cunning mods. Next thing he stood still for like 2/3 min and all of a sudden in group chat :

I felt sorry for him :>

About a month ago, last time I played my Assassin, I put a bunch of Guardian mods in her gear. Based on the time of when I last played her... the best excuse really is... I was more than likely drunk. 6 shots of Sailor Jerry (at home with friends via the internet, nobody drove).

Guys, don't drink and game.

Guardian tanks of TRE strike again:

I queue as sentinel and, some thirty minutes later, get a GF pop with "flashpoint in progress" - Mandalorian Raiders. Small alarm goes off in my head but curiosity and long GF queue get the best of me so I join to see what made the dps leave. Guardian tank in 66/69 gear, gunslinger in 69/72 and a commando healer in 63/66. The FP seems perfectly doable and we continue.

The tank, following the unwritten code of "How to tank on The Red Eclipse", slaps guard on the healer and jumps the dog boss. Slinger covers at the entrance, commando starts running around the room forcing me play tag with the doggies. My pleas for slinger and commando to ball up so I too can contribute some dps go unanswered. The guardian tank is late on a few boss taunts and the dogs get the buff. This prompts the healer to start jumping over obstacles while running around. Boss somehow kills the tank, we wipe.

Second attempt and the tank starts bashing the healer for being undergeared. Healer just leaves. We queue again and while waiting, I try to explain how guard works. The tank asks me what my point is and upon my "you should guard your highest mdps" reply slaps guard on the slinger. Because, apparently, he's too pro to listen to advice. At that point I enter my DGaF mode and stop caring.

The tank, despite being so pro, manages to get himself killed on the lifts. Later, he gets himself, slinger and the new healer killed because of his over aggro leaving me to solo two turrets and several droids while they all just lay there dead.

I think I'm going to have to abandon my lvl 20 Sage and start a guardian tank.

Edited by slafko

Guardian tanks of TRE strike again:

The tank, following the unwritten code of "How to tank on The Red Eclipse", slaps guard on the healer and jumps the dog boss.

I think I'm going to have to abandon my lvl 20 Sage and start a guardian tank.

As long as you do know that guarding the healer in that fight is probably the best choice since no way jose a dps will be able to rip from you after using that many taunts on the boss after the freeze.

Tank was level 37, healer was level 31. We hadnt even pulled yet as tank was in middle of respecin'. So ya, just a silly healer who probably doesnt understand guard

Well, he was maybe silly for leaving the flashpoint but not for asking for a guard. I just whish that people would come out of their little utopia and realise that at least in lowbees you have to tank a lot as healer. Its more common that the healer tanks more than the actual tank. Yes I know its not supposed to go like that but it just does, face it and deal with it. This my experience from levelling 2 healers solely by flashpoints (lv46 and lv 33 atm).

Having said that, yes I know the threatreduction from guard isnt needed on healers since a tank of a dps have only to attack once or so to get it back. But they don't so I rather get the 5% damage reduction.

Anyways ... leaving and not healing the tank was quite strange indeed. I would have just buckled up and healed the **** into myself and the rest when needed.

More ontopic I have a story again of my own. Made quite a noob mistake in the red reaper.

The tank made it clear that it was his first time around so I took a little time to explain stuff. When we were approaching the final boss I warned about the 3 elites with their pushback.

Ofc I got knockoff myself while the 3 other, including the tank were safe.

To make the matter worse I forgot that we had skipped the 2 turrets at the color switch boss and aggroed them. Luckely since I'm healer I got heal myself. It took quite some time to dps both turrets down.

Felt such like a noob for doing this :p

Edited by fire-breath

Well, he was maybe silly for leaving the flashpoint but not for asking for a guard. I just whish that people would come out of their little utopia and realise that at least in lowbees you have to tank a lot as healer. Its more common that the healer tanks more than the actual tank. Yes I know its not supposed to go like that but it just does, face it and deal with it. This my experience from levelling 2 healers solely by flashpoints (lv46 and lv 33 atm).

I wish people would come out of their little utopia and realise that GUARD DOES NOTHING FOR THE HEALER. Guard WILL NOT help you stop tanking in lowbie FPs. DPS doing their job correctly will (y'know, that kill order thing they do). Using Guard strictly for the 5% DR is such a waste...

I apologize for hijacking the thread. In my defense, this was the 100th time I've seen this logic and I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING. Now back to the funny stories, hopefully!

I wish people would come out of their little utopia and realise that GUARD DOES NOTHING FOR THE HEALER. Guard WILL NOT help you stop tanking in lowbie FPs. DPS doing their job correctly will (y'know, that kill order thing they do). Using Guard strictly for the 5% DR is such a waste...

I apologize for hijacking the thread. In my defense, this was the 100th time I've seen this logic and I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING. Now back to the funny stories, hopefully!

Same apologize here but like you I had to reply since this is the 100th time I've seen this logic and I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING.

Obviously didnt read my reply correctly since I agree with you on most parts. Guard will not let you stop tanking as healer. But since most adds are not on the tank either way, placing a guard on dps isnt helping either since at most a dps is going to overtake 1 mob. As a healer I would choose for the 5% DR and heal the dps stealing aggro. Don't underestimate the power of guard with multiple adds. It can save your live as healer.

Having said that, yes I know the threatreduction from guard isnt needed on healers since a tank of a dps have only to attack once or so to get it back. But they don't so I rather get the 5% damage reduction.

Same apologize here but like you I had to reply since this is the 100th time I've seen this logic and I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING.

Obviously didnt read my reply correctly since I agree with you on most parts. Guard will not let you stop tanking as healer. But since most adds are not on the tank either way, placing a guard on dps isnt helping either since at most a dps is going to overtake 1 mob. As a healer I would choose for the 5% DR and heal the dps stealing aggro. Don't underestimate the power of guard with multiple adds. It can save your live as healer.

The tanks in lowbie fps who can't hold a group together, don't even apply guard to anyone.

The tanks in lowbie fps who can't hold a group together, don't even apply guard to anyone.

not exactly true. i have sin tank leveling. at 49 now. i will put guard on mdps or higher geared rdps if both are rdps when we are doing 50+ level fp or hm fps. under 50 i always had guard on healer. because

1. dps never follow kill order under 50 level fps(atleast 1 dps wont). they have to hit the targets which look strong. the weak always attack healer by the time i realise dps left them again and i didnt get aggro on them.

2. if both dps knows about kill order and knows their class. they will kill weak first and then strong. and i dont lose aggro to them at all usually when they do it like that. because i use single taunt as much as possible and keep mass taunt for emergency. so if the dps knows what they have to do. they even use aggro dump usually if they know kill order. so doesnt matter who i put my guard on this case.

both cases below level 50 i am talking. so below level 50 fps, i prefer guarding healer as they can have atleast 5% reduction in damage. and dps who want to kill strong first cant take aggro of me anyway as i keep my gear upgraded every 4 level as a tank. so its not bad to guard healer under 50 fp i think. atleast from my experience. and i almost never have wipes even if there is an occasional extra mob pull. i'm sure many will disagree with me.

E: i have 2 55 healers. and i request tank to put guard on mdps if they put it on me in hm fps. they usually put it without questioning.

E 2: just had athiss HM 55 fp. guardian 35k respeced tank. slinger 37k mando 35k, me 33k sage healer.

tank slapped guard on me. i politely asked to put it on slinger as he had more dps though we all 3 were ranged. but tank no reply. then after 2 mob pull. i healed slinger and me first pull. healed mando and me on sencond pull. more than healing tank. i requested him to put guard on either of dps as they pulled aggro. but tank is silent.

after first boss fight. slinger quit group without a word. and both were silent about guard. the nwe get sent little undergeared, but enough for this one. still i have the guard >.>

couldnt make him understand and i just ignored and healed all as they needed more heal than tank and as it was just athiss. didnt worry much. though both dps caught fire on last boss. somehow we made it through without any casualties.

Edited by Deadlynits

I got one;

Fresh 50 marauder, got a pop for HM LI (btw I swear trial by fire for my new toons every single one has gotten LI as their first HM 50 FP), now my marauder is in the makeb mod comm stuff so mostly 58s which is old Ralata lvl gear. It was in progress on the savrak boss wiped once due to a pipe not being lit (might have been my fault, think I cancelled the cast a millisecond before it finished). Second te we get'em not before I noticed that I ripped aggro not once but twice off the Jugg tank. Now I know Juggs and PTs have lower aggro gen then a Sin... But a 15k marauder stealing aggro?

Inspect time!

And I was in horror, tank was in greens.... And a mix of Dps and tank greens at that. We progressed and managed to down Lorrick as well. He dropped Heavy armor str Dps legs which I needed on (did not notice they were heavy till after) as did our tank. Who won them, and proceeded to equip them swapping out tanking legs for Dps legs....

Cannot believe I have a tank on ignore... If it had been earlier in the evening I would have tried to explain things to the guy but I was way to tired and just felt like not dealing with him ever again on my marauder.

~Zen

I tend to agree with that. Despite the lack of an aoe-taunt, it's fairly easy to hold aggro from entire groups in lower fps as most of them aren't spread out. Even as a Juggernaut.

Guarding the healer, because lots of enemies attack him is usually more like trying to cure the symptoms rather than the sickness.

In order to prevent enemies from attacking the healer, only a bit of damage is neccessary (way less than it would be neccessary to prevent them from attacking DPS who are attacking them or using AOEs). In lower level fps it's easy to deal a bit of damage to every enemy and if a single weak/normal enemy is out of range and is attacking the healer, he will survive that even without the 5% damage reduction.

If DPS tunnelvision it's still better to guard them because they may take aggro away from you and take damage. If they don't do their job properly, screw them and just tank all the other enemies and let them deal with the elite themselves. If they die, it's their fault and the healer is protected simply because you're taking the damage. He'll be happier than he'd be if everyone was attacking him and he only had a 5% damage reduction.

I, once, healed a tank in HS SM who put guard on me. When I complained about too many adds attacking me, he replied I had guard. I wanted to facepalm. When I get attacked by every single enemy except for the elites, a 5% damage reduction won't help me much. I will have to spend most of my energy and time on healing myself and the rest of the group will suffer the consequences.

It's the tank who decides whom to guard, so it's not a matter of making up for a bad tank. If he considers guarding the healer because he doesn't keep aggro, he might as well consider keeping aggro. As I stated before, it isn't so hard. Every tank has at least one AOE even at lower levels and even Juggernauts have Force Scream which helps getting aggro from a bit more distant enemies.

Some healers can be really annoying about wanting to be guarded.

In Cademinu HM, I pugged with a guild member of mine who was a pretty good mDPS. Naturally, I put guard on him because I knew he might steal aggro from me. The healer demanded guard several times even though I refused.

I knew the mechanics, I knew how to get all the enemies to focus on me, why would I guard her?

Another time, I pugged for HS SM on a Powertech as DPS (because my gear wasn't as good as I'd liked it to be, I didn't tank). Our tank guarded no one and I'm sure he didn't once used Smash because every time I used an AOE, I got all the aggro and died.

The healer (who joined after the first boss because our first healer was a DPS) did not once get aggro, yet she demanded guard. I told her I was the one who should be guarded, because I kept getting aggro, but she kept demanding guard. Our new tank (we had to kick the previous one due to ninja looting), later guarded her which upset me a little bit as she hadn't been attacked once. Her saying: "I don't care who tanks as long as I don't get attacked" upset me even more because the other DPS and I had been protecting her pretty well so far. And of course, she didn't need the 5% damage reduction a single time.

Edit: Forgot to add: If healers keep demanding guard in lower level fps because they fear they might get attacked, even more tanks without experience may start to think they need to guard the healer and not the DPS.

Edited by Sorei

tank slapped guard on me. i politely asked to put it on slinger as he had more dps though we all 3 were ranged. but tank no reply. then after 2 mob pull. i healed slinger and me first pull. healed mando and me on sencond pull. more than healing tank. i requested him to put guard on either of dps as they pulled aggro. but tank is silent.

That is pretty much always my experience when playing as a healer. Hey tank, could you please guard the sentinel? He's pulling all your aggro. Please. PLEASE? GUARD THE SENTINEL!!! Though sometimes it's better that way, as it's not that unusual for Guardian tanks to have a focus, all DPS gear, and the least health of everyone in the group.

Edited by Dontelar

Another time, I pugged for HS SM on a Powertech as DPS (because my gear wasn't as good as I'd liked it to be, I didn't tank). Our tank guarded no one and I'm sure he didn't once used Smash because every time I used an AOE, I got all the aggro and died.

The healer (who joined after the first boss because our first healer was a DPS) did not once get aggro, yet she demanded guard. I told her I was the one who should be guarded, because I kept getting aggro, but she kept demanding guard. Our new tank (we had to kick the previous one due to ninja looting), later guarded her which upset me a little bit as she hadn't been attacked once. Her saying: "I don't care who tanks as long as I don't get attacked" upset me even more because the other DPS and I had been protecting her pretty well so far. And of course, she didn't need the 5% damage reduction a single time.

I agree with you completely, No offence. but come on man. its HS SM fp. first real fp which asks for role play. give break to new players. most dont know how that role play works for fps. either tank/dps/heals if they are new. and some dont want to admit their first. have seen that many times as well. but, its hard to die in HS SM and it costs what? 100-600 for repairs? big deal.

i know it might get frustrating. i am just saying its first proper fp of game and new players may not know anything at that time. forgive and teach is what i do at that fp or that level :p

if you did get pissed too much there is always leave group with dc option as well :p

Edited by Deadlynits

I agree with you completely, No offence. but come on man. its HS SM fp. first real fp which asks for role play. give break to new players. most dont know how that role play works for fps. either tank/dps/heals if they are new. and some dont want to admit their first. have seen that many times as well. but, its hard to die in HS SM and it costs what? 100-600 for repairs? big deal.

i know it might get frustrating. i am just saying its first proper fp of game and new players may not know anything at that time. forgive and teach is what i do at that fp or that level :p

if you did get pissed too much there is always leave group with dc option as well :p

You're right and believe me, I usually don't mind dying there (unless I die the entire time because someone doesn't do his job properly. This has happened only one time so far, because the healer was strange) and in that story, the dying itself wasn't the issue. But it was a horrid run with plenty of things going wrong (healer who was clearly DPS, ninjalooting tank who didn't use sweep, DPS in tank stance who didn't know it was tank stance and this healer). I didn't really mind the dying, I was only annoyed because she didn't listen at all when I told her she didn't need guard and was a bit insulted by her lack of trust when it came to her getting aggro (as I said, she didn't get attacked once and being a healer, she probably had to notice that).

I stopped pugging (though it sometimes tempts me), but I've made enough HS SM runs to know you can't expect perfection there. I don't expect it, but some things do get annoying.

You're right and believe me, I usually don't mind dying there (unless I die the entire time because someone doesn't do his job properly. This has happened only one time so far, because the healer was strange) and in that story, the dying itself wasn't the issue. But it was a horrid run with plenty of things going wrong (healer who was clearly DPS, ninjalooting tank who didn't use sweep, DPS in tank stance who didn't know it was tank stance and this healer). I didn't really mind the dying, I was only annoyed because she didn't listen at all when I told her she didn't need guard and was a bit insulted by her lack of trust when it came to her getting aggro (as I said, she didn't get attacked once and being a healer, she probably had to notice that).

I stopped pugging (though it sometimes tempts me), but I've made enough HS SM runs to know you can't expect perfection there. I don't expect it, but some things do get annoying.

haha true that. i have enjoyed HS fp btw. since i can get to see lots of newbie mistakes and fun. i always pug. and i do 2-3 fp per day while leveling. if its tank toon, i tend to level it through fp. my sin tank never did anything on planets. just pug runs and story and now 51 level lol. so i enjoy pug runs as you get to see good players and make friends and you can recruit as well. if you are high enough to recruit in guild.

but ya, ninja looting i hate. or maybe they dont even know anyway. i tend to explain but sometimes its blank from otherside.

haha true that. i have enjoyed HS fp btw. since i can get to see lots of newbie mistakes and fun. i always pug. and i do 2-3 fp per day while leveling. if its tank toon, i tend to level it through fp. my sin tank never did anything on planets. just pug runs and story and now 51 level lol. so i enjoy pug runs as you get to see good players and make friends and you can recruit as well. if you are high enough to recruit in guild.

but ya, ninja looting i hate. or maybe they dont even know anyway. i tend to explain but sometimes its blank from otherside.

You must have a lot more patience than I have (I freely admit that I don't have lots of patience - exactly the reason why I don't pug) :D

On the topic of ninja looting: I once pugged on my Assassin as DPS for HS. We had a Sorc healer who asked right away whether he could get all the lightsaber drops. No one replied (seriously, we all were either Warriors or Inquisitors so this was a pretty bold question). He repeated the question several times. Throughout the entire fp, he needed on everything. When the first boss dropped a Juggernaut headgear, he needed on it and then (!) asked whether he could have it. I considered needing as well because of that guy, but it wasn't my decision and when the Juggertank said he could have it, I rolled greed.

The second boss dropped a pair of pants with STR. The tank rolled need, our Sorcerer, of course, rolled need as well and said: I need that!. I rolled need as well, telling the tank if I win the roll, he'd get it.

Sadly, the Sorc won the roll. The tank told him he needed it, but the Sorc just left group.

He got added to my ignore list straight afterwards. Such selfishness -.-

As long as you do know that guarding the healer in that fight is probably the best choice since no way jose a dps will be able to rip from you after using that many taunts on the boss after the freeze.

I would hardly describe "one" as "that many". He drops aggro after each freeze and a dps can pull aggro once the dogs are dead but that's just a case of bad tanking then.

As for guard on the healer - just don't do it. You're not helping anyone.

Guard on healer... As a healer it makes me feel all warm and fuzy inside :p don't know why. But other then that i see very litle use in it :D Ofc most tank(low lvl PuGs mostly) listen when you ask them to guard someone else :cool:

HM Hammer Station with 2 other Guildies and a GF Sage DPS.

Get to Mining Droid and our DPS decides he has a Lightsaber so he must be melee. He proceeds to stand on top of the tank and swing his lightsaber... Well not quite true he didn't always stand on the tank. He did decide to stand in the red circles from the exploding droids.

Conversation after the fight:

Me: You know as as a sage you're ranged, right? Your DPS swinging a lightsaber is negligible...

Him: My DPS as anything is negligible, I'm heal spec.

Me: Then why are you in as a DPS?

Him: Blame GF

Guildie 1: Did you queue as both DPS and Heals?

Him: Yes

Me: Perhaps you shouldn't if you don't have a DPS spec.

Him: You're an uptight ***hole (*** is mine)

He then proceeds to rage quite before we could vote kick him...

Not a strange group but a bad group.

PUG GF Cad. Me on my full 78 (except for 72 main hand hilt) Scoundrel heals. Just wrapping up my weekly comms to get ultimates for alt gear.

Take a quick look at the group and it's three from same guild. A little under geared 66 Purples mostly but certainly more than geared enough to do the instance. I figured with their gear I might actually have to pay some attention instead of napping through most of the FP.

Get through the beginning trash and I had to do more than just pay attention, I had to actually heal since everyone was taking aggro, including me. Eh, whatever.

Go to the bottom of the elevator. Navigate through by the shuttle. One DPS seems to be contemplating the stars or something and doesn't follow. Bot knocked off and of course the DPS ends up pulling the group of mobs. I turn around and start healing the aggroed DPS figuring the tank and other DPS will come back. Nope. Long story short wipe number 1.

Rez and head back. Make our way through the trash up until the group past the first security gate. I get into normal position to the left of the gate expecting the tank to pull the mobs into the room. Nope. Tank goes into the room guns blazing (Vanguard tank). Pulls several groups. Now some of the groups come into the room and head for the DPS. I start healing. Of course since we had so many mobs some of the start attacking me. Last a few minutes but with 5 or 6 mobs on me I go down. Wipe #2.

So...

Me: If it's not too much trouble, perhaps someone could taunt or shoot the mobs attacking the healer?

Tank: You have to give the tank time to get aggro...

Me: ok... I was healing you so you wouldn't die but if you prefer me not to heal you I'm ok with that....

Tank: <crickets chirping>

Demonstrating the definition of Insanity of repeating the same action and expecting different results we try again. This time the tank actually goes into the room outside of my LOS. I reposition so he is in in LOS and start healing. BAM instant aggro on me. 5 or 6 mobs on me. Down I go.

Deciding to cut my losses I just said in group chat, "Sorry you guys just don't know what you are doing, GL" and left group. I feel sorry for whatever healer got them next. I'm sure they proceeded to complain about the "fail" healer in guild chat....

HM Meltdown me on my Sent and 3 GF PUGS.

Clear trash with little problem. Get to the first boss (doing Sand side first).

Tank proceeds to start fight by using the console.

Needless to say he's out of position and takes an extra smash session to get to the first barrel. Commando healer can't keep us up. Go into the second barrel with less than half health on anyone. Wipe #1.

Explain the mechanics. With some pain we down the boss this time.

Move through rest of instance with little issue. Get to last boss. Take down the pylons no problem.

Boss comes down. Tank, Healer, and other DPS all stand there in Spin Attack. Wipe #2.

Me: You all have to get out of the Spin attack.

Group: <crickets chirping>

Give it another try. Pretty much same results. Again I'm the only one alive after they stand in the spin attack.

*sigh*

Tank: DPS Needs to keep up?

me: Huh? This fight is not a DPS race it's mechanics. You have to get out of spin attack. Use your break and/or your force speed.

Tank: No you guys need to do more DPS

Tank proceeds to quit.

Tank then proceeds to start sending tells to us telling us how we were doing things wrong. Private tells to me:

Tank: You can think what you want, but 30K in repairs tells me you were doing something wrong.

Me: I've tanked, healed and DPSed this boss. It's not a DPS race it's mechanics. But since you are trying to blame others you might want to look at your gear and augment for Shield/Defense/Absorb instead of willpower...

Me: But you don't have to worry about grouping with me again.

Tank goes onto my ignore list.

*sigh*

HM Hammer Station with 2 other Guildies and a GF Sage DPS.

Get to Mining Droid and our DPS decides he has a Lightsaber so he must be melee. He proceeds to stand on top of the tank and swing his lightsaber... Well not quite true he didn't always stand on the tank. He did decide to stand in the red circles from the exploding droids.

Hey now! we did get boost in 2.5 update for swinging saber you know?

Jedi Consular

General

Slightly increased the damage dealt by Double Strike.

why would they improve it if i am not supposed to swing at melee range :p

Edited by Deadlynits

Hey now! we did get boost in 2.5 update for swinging saber you know?

Jedi Consular

General

Slightly increased the damage dealt by Double Strike.

why would they improve it if i am not supposed to swing at melee range :p

My assumption was to screw with noobs :)

Me: You all have to get out of the Spin attack.

Group: <crickets chirping>

Give it another try. Pretty much same results. Again I'm the only one alive after they stand in the spin attack.

I love trolling PUGs on that Spin Attack. :D Since my tank is way overgeared and I pop cooldowns when Spin Attack is incoming, my tank takes almost no damage. The dumber dps PUGs see my health not dropping signifficantly and don't move out.

It's the same as the big droid boss with his water electrifying thingy. I'll pop my Resilience and keep attacking. The poor sentinel usually decides he's fine staying in there too. Five seconds later, the healer is raging and the sentinel is jumping around like a madman. :D

I love trolling PUGs on that Spin Attack. :D Since my tank is way overgeared and I pop cooldowns when Spin Attack is incoming, my tank takes almost no damage. The dumber dps PUGs see my health not dropping signifficantly and don't move out.

It's the same as the big droid boss with his water electrifying thingy. I'll pop my Resilience and keep attacking. The poor sentinel usually decides he's fine staying in there too. Five seconds later, the healer is raging and the sentinel is jumping around like a madman. :D

You evil evil person! :D :D :D :D :D

In Czerka Labs I will always move to the right side (when facing droid from the console that summons him) and inform the group that from there it is a shorter run out. 9 out of 10 times noone pays any attention to me. Then 2 or 3 electrified water effects later when they realize I'm taking no damage from the water they'll slowly gravitate to where I'm standing :D. It's always fun to watch ;).

I joined a 16 man ops run tonight, most of the members were from the same guild and 5 of us were pugs. The ops chat from the guild members was absolutely disgusting, it made fleet chat on a bad night sound like Sunday school, and some of them were so busy typing filth into chat during boss fights that they weren't even dpsing. The worst ones ended up on my ignore list and I'll run a mile before joining another one of their runs. But it just made me wonder, why would anyone choose to present their guild like that to other people?

I joined a 16 man ops run tonight, most of the members were from the same guild and 5 of us were pugs. The ops chat from the guild members was absolutely disgusting, it made fleet chat on a bad night sound like Sunday school, and some of them were so busy typing filth into chat during boss fights that they weren't even dpsing. The worst ones ended up on my ignore list and I'll run a mile before joining another one of their runs. But it just made me wonder, why would anyone choose to present their guild like that to other people?

What server and ops was that? I may have been a pug in the same ops :p