Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

I agree that this is a major flub-up. They do need to roll back the valor gains from today, for the sake of game balance. Exploiting a bug should not be rewarded in any way, shape, or form. Will a rollback piss people off? Yes, most certainly; however, it is necessary especially given the extreme population imbalances on servers. If this keeps up much longer, Republics will just stop playing pvp, especially since 50s now have their own bracket. Now that Sith can bypass MONTHS of pvp grinding to get to a valor level not even used in the game yet, Republics will be outgeared every step of the way.

PS - this also works for Republic heavy servers, but there are FAR fewer and the ratios aren't nearly as bad as the Sith:Republic.

Edited by JefferyClark

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the patch notes thread. Sorry if you are reading this twice but I think it's a good idea:

After you fix the spawn points on illum, make a queue for imperials so that illum has equal numbers for imperial vs republic. This will make it fair and encourage people to roll republic to avoid the queue. If you don't, no republic players will ever go to illum because having your @ss handed to you by 10 imperials isn't fun!

Bioware..... HOW could you NOT see this coming.

It's so obvious even a blind man could see it. You have more data about faction population than we do and you didn't see it.

My guild has been discussing this for a week now and we all predicted this would happen. How did you not also come to the same conclusion?

+1

Bioware, there is nothing wrong with saying..."Yeah, we messed uo, and we're trying to fix it."

In this case honesty goes a lot further than damage control.

I can only agree here, they messed it up really bad and all we get is "potential" marketing crap.

Your ignorance is really amazing me.

I mean what are You guys playing at?

First You write this, insulting our intelligence:

Hello everyone! Because we care about ensuring that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ provides you with a consistent and quality game play experience, we will be postponing weekly maintenance this week. Downtime was originally scheduled for Tuesday, January 17th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) to 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET) and will now occur at a later date due to issues requiring additional testing that have been discovered with the Game Update 1.1 content on the Public Test Server.

And then two days later You apply patch that apparently has been tested (I WONNA KNOW BY WHOM!), or ofc you wouldnt go live with it...and Im telling you that if ONE PERSON tested this, and he had at least some decent IQ, he would have told you in 5 seconds that this is just plain joke.

So please, get Your stuff together and come up with plan. Something to renew hope and trust from Your customers or this will be hell of a quick ride down.

Edited by Riddickcz

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

"Potential Issues" are you kidding me?

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

Not trying to be rude or say the system before was better, but with the huge drop in republic players vs empire the current patch you just implied is horrible. Everyone out here agrees and we are empires camping the spawn of the repubs base I cant imagine how much fun they are having just dying to us over and over. The daily is a little much considering no one wants to gather stuff for a PVP quest but are forced to compete with 30 other empires on the same box to loot. Please change it. And do not let those who are exploiting it be able to keep the valor because everyone who is 60+ and earned it by spending days on end grinding is kind of upset to say the least...

while the faction imbalance is a serious problem what the hell is wrong with your servers unable to handle a large amount of ppl in 1 area. not a 60 meter circle of players but all of illium. fps of around 3-5 with a i-5 2500k and gtx580 isn't funny

1.Rollback all valor gains after patch made on illium.

2.Close Illium, reinvnet Illium, just change it.

3.Get better netcode engineers, outsource it if you have to.

THEN maybe Ill reconsider subscribing.

Im pissed because I actually liked the game (and grinded warzones for battlemaster as republic on an underdog server Legions of Lettow EU)

Rollback valor now or a lot us that legitimately grinded battlemaster will be leaving.

This needs to happen. Any valor earned today (or if possible only that earned in Ilum) needs to go. Don't award valor at all for killing the turrets, because if PvP isn't happening no rewards should be given (outside of perhaps the actual objectives).

Then, since Ilum is a PvP reward place, it needs to be made competitive. That means it needs to be more controlled than world PvP typically is. Unless someone can come up with a better way to ensure faction balance (not just reward that because it gets out of hand) they should probably put brackets on group size allowed to land on the planet and put the rest in a queue.

For instance, if there's only 4 rep players there can only be 4 imps. When a 5th comes in there can be up to 8 imps. There would still be some disparity, but at least in a zone this size a difference of 3 would be a lot better than one side having magnitudes larger numbers than the other.

There needs to be a server rollback as of midnight. Hell I'm almost rank 52 in under 4 hours and I'm only level 20, I can level another toon get it to 15 get my ship and go to ilum and farm the valor, be battlemaster by midnight! That's how bad it is, pretty soon I can get all classes and be battlemaster. I am a republic main and I've grinded so hard just to get rank 55 and I can sit here typing this while my toon is AFK and collect massive amount of valor? This is insane!!

Let me reiterate what I said in a previous "****!11 Illum" post that you guys closed.

Ahem.

You moaned and ruminated about an Illum chest exploit and were quick to desiring meriting bans because it "ruined player experience".

But people can get to level 50 Valor in under 4 hours doesn't count as an exploit? I'm glad you guys are "working" on it. That's great, but this was heralded about in the PTR.

Honestly, you should have dropped this patch after resubs. Total double fail on your part.

(For what it's worth, I'm still resubbiing, but I understand if people are going to ragequit on this...)

Only thing that should be giving valor is killing players ... capping objectives should give a bonus to said valor. PVP qeust should be focused on killing players (um, pvp?) and nothing else.

Turrets and other non-player npcs giving valor is just plain dumb.

Please roll back the servers Republic is getting slaughtered in a 4:1 ratio. Getting trapped on illum is not cool. We already have a gear imbalance and class imbalance. Now imps are going from valor rank 50-60 in 2 hours just putting more on the gear imbalance. Worst part is once everyones pay times are up its just going to screw the republic even more. Republic is the screwed side now we are even more screwed. going to be 10:1 here shortly.

For gods sake you have Mythic they made some of the earliest mmos that dont suck and are balanced USE THEM STOP BEING STUPID

Edited by DKChef