Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video

CourtneyWoods

It's looking great and I can't wait to play it. But after this expansion, can we please have no more original worlds in future expansion packs?

There are thousands of existing ones in the Star Wars universe, many which we'd love to see explorable in the game.

A lot of them have some relevance to the events presented in the game and others we'd love to be able to simply visit and explore.

There are even some worlds which have little lore revealed about them other than just their name and the section of the galaxy which they're located in, to which the devs could easily use without causing any problems to the continuity.

Edited by Vitas

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, can we have more original worlds please. As a fan of the KOTOR series, I love how you guys give a fresh visual take on things. It helps to make things in the Old Republic era feel like something special happened in this time period and not just limit it to what the Star Wars movies have done.

Get your first look at the brand new planet Makeb featured in Rise of the Hutt Cartel and pre-order the Digital Expansion now to receive exclusive in-game rewards!

Watch now

OK it looks sweet....but, the launcher promised Gameplay footage. There was like maybe 3 seconds worth of that, and we didn't even see anything new other than the landscape. Why would you give the impression that there was a video with gameplay footage, and only include at most 3 seconds.

For $10 it better be bigger than Belsavis or Balmorra.

And the quality of the storyline better be on par with the Tatooine main series rather than the Imperial Tatooine Bonus Series or the Imperial Balmorra Bonus Series. Heck, nothing like the Republic Taris Bonus Series either okay? Maybe something like the Revanite/DK Series where it's related to KOTOR lore (not that the mind trap stuff wasn't, but I really liked the Revanite series).

Looks great. But really makes me wonder that why isnt there any single improvement to game engine.

Least something different and new...A simple PvP Pod racing was more than enough. But when you just put it like "bunch a place an' level cap" it looks very blunt from outside.

Looks ok. I really wish they went with a different theme. with all the amazing story telling capabilities behind star wars, they pick......... hutts!? lame.

Speak for yourself, I think hutts are great.

Very excited for this, some of those environments were beautiful.

Yay, new expansion! I know EA expects us to be happy about it, but I'm concerned instead.

Servers are empty. I can't gather enough people to kill world bosses, waiting in queue to complete a single flashpoint takes hours... at best. We need some mechanic changes that will allow us to enjoy the game with so little players as we have now. New expansion will NOT bring new players to the game, it will only be bought by those who already play swtor. To make expansion worthwile it has to be more rewarding than base game. So - results: a portion of players will move on to play expansion. For first few weeks Hutt Cartel will be overcrowded with people, especially during early access period. Servers will go down more often than they do now. After that ppl will get bored and play just as they did before, except one thing - there will be more content to choose from, so players' population will be spread wider. Density of ppl wanting to play particular flashpoint or do particular world boss will drop.

The game world is already too big for current number of active players and it gets annoying. So what do devs do? They make the situation even worse. I know they should be commended for making good graphics, working hard on the story, but someone in charge needs a wake-up call. Making expansions won't help. I know expanding the content brings money and feeling of job well done but it's only illusion. It makes the game even more broken than it was before. Good try to repopulate the servers was going F2P, but it didn't work. This raft is sinking and it looks like EA tries to make as much money as possible before everything goes to hell. They should save this game, not try to make the best of it's demise...

I'm so sad, the idea behind swtor is great, but greatness ends on idea.

Come on EA, you've got so many employees, someone is bound to have some ideas on how to fix it. Any ideas that work for real MMO won't work here, since MMO = "MASSIVE multiplayer online" and swtor is everything but massive. Massive world maybe, but definitelly not massive numbers of players... Maybe ask those, who are fresh about it, I don't know, maybe guy who delivers pizza?

Yay, new expansion! I know EA expects us to be happy about it, but I'm concerned instead.

Servers are empty. I can't gather enough people to kill world bosses, waiting in queue to complete a single flashpoint takes hours... at best. We need some mechanic changes that will allow us to enjoy the game with so little players as we have now. New expansion will NOT bring new players to the game, it will only be bought by those who already play swtor. To make expansion worthwile it has to be more rewarding than base game. So - results: a portion of players will move on to play expansion. For first few weeks Hutt Cartel will be overcrowded with people, especially during early access period. Servers will go down more often than they do now. After that ppl will get bored and play just as they did before, except one thing - there will be more content to choose from, so players' population will be spread wider. Density of ppl wanting to play particular flashpoint or do particular world boss will drop.

The game world is already too big for current number of active players and it gets annoying. So what do devs do? They make the situation even worse. I know they should be commended for making good graphics, working hard on the story, but someone in charge needs a wake-up call. Making expansions won't help. I know expanding the content brings money and feeling of job well done but it's only illusion. It makes the game even more broken than it was before. Good try to repopulate the servers was going F2P, but it didn't work. This raft is sinking and it looks like EA tries to make as much money as possible before everything goes to hell. They should save this game, not try to make the best of it's demise...

Come on EA, you've got so many employees, someone is bound to have some ideas on how to fix it. Any ideas that work for real MMO won't work here, since MMO = "MASSIVE multiplayer online" and swtor is everything but massive. Massive world maybe, but definitelly not massive numbers of players... Maybe ask those, who are fresh about it, I don't know, maybe guy who delivers pizza?

I couldnt agree more! The only reason I even started playing this game was because I loved KOTOR on Xbox. If only they could make it just as good as KOTOR... :confused:

Servers are empty? Down under perhaps, northern hemisphere is quite healthy however.

Eventually you guys will get merged with west coast servers and that will be that. You'll appreciate more content at that stage.

Oh boy! The same game with new textures... I cant wait to pay to do more of the same thing ive been doing in this game since I first started playing it... :(

This.

Maybe I glanced away during the part everyone is fawning over, but new scenery, while refreshing, isn't all that exciting. It looks like the same stuff we’ve already experienced, and don’t get me wrong, that stuff is great, but without listing the new features (ones that don’t currently exist in the game) I don’t see much to get really excited about with this trailer.

looks pretty terrible IMO, who cares about random hutts? So much stuff to play with the whole sith vs jedi war going on and they chose hutts. No surprise really, love the many people going OMG looks amazing!!! when actually it just looks like a copy and paste of any other planet in this game with new skins with what looks like is going to be a really bad story line.