Swtor - swg "nge"

-Backdraft-

The feeling I have right now is that SWG (with the NGE-combat uppdate) is almost the same as this game right now? With just a story and remakes.

So, anyone with late swg experience that feels the same?

:wea_03:

Ok, so I haven't read all the responses to the OP so fprgive me in advance if this is repeated.

Are you kidding me? Are you seriously saying SWTOR is the same or even simular to SWG? LOL!! I needed a good laugh before I went to work......:p

I haven't been writing here very much latley but when the servers are down I guess I could write some lines. :D If there is anyone with late SWG experience I would be happy to hear them out :)

Well first of all I don't want to start a complain theared even if i'm pretty sad about everything this game had to offer. Some parts are really really good but pretty quick you get tierd of it. I don't know if I am the only one who think one of the main problem is the small locked maps; it would be so much better with a world wide game where you could run all over the maps.

I used to play SWG and did if for a long time, that game was flawless; remember the first time on tattooine, you could run for many many hours to get to the "end" of the map. That game had so much to offer and if you just wanted to PVP you could log on your BH and hunt play jedi's.

But my main reason with this post is; SWTOR isn't it very close to the NGE combat uppdate that BIO did in the late days of SWG? The patch that made the whole game go down; from having ALOT of players to lose them all over afew weeks, i'm one of the guys who quit when that came. My point is; Is there anyone here who played SWG with the combat uppdate (NGE)? Isn't it very similar to what SWTOR is?

The feeling I have right now is that SWG (with the NGE-combat uppdate) is almost the same as this game right now? With just a story and remakes.

So, anyone with late swg experience that feels the same?

:wea_03:

You can not be serious !

first off the CU changed the combat aspects of the game SWG. it was the nail in the coffin. the NGE was the hammer that drove it in all the way. Yes SWG had alot of difference from this game I.E. sandbox feel which left you with almost endless places to rp/pvp/pve, build a city with actual houses(which could be decorated however you wanted); that had your personal gear in as well as customizational outfits to how you wanted your character to look. NGE over all killed the game as the rest of the time it was open they tried to fix their own mistake.

Now as I have seen with patch 1.2 that they blew up, as expected it wasn't going to live up to the hype the initially portrayed. Oh yes cool legacy stuff, guild bank, new flashpoint and new pvp arena. But if you think about it... this whole wait was for what? just that? Wrong, they released an unfinished game, for as much as I can see. atleast when SWG came out their updates didnt take an entire day for a few adds, especially on a friday! one of the busier days of the week for game play.

what should've came out in this update is a huge crafting fix as armormech as well as all others (minus biochem) have had majorly been screwed for a while now. 733 tried to make a medium chest piece from blue to purple. How discouraging is that?!

SWG was not flawless. Unless you were a Combat Medic/Rifleman or some variation of that with Swordsman, you had no chance. That game pigeon holed people into the same class.

If you really believe that, you're more fit for game like this that only gives you 1 clear path to spec and gear.....

PVP (and selling faction) was pretty much what I did in swg, and very succesfully, without even a single box in above proffs...

I've pvp'd as TT (tkm/mp/ms), MP/MS 0004 medic, MBH /w LLC and marksman carbines (killed full template jedi), M Commando /w consumables, nades, and 2 crazy flamers (killed buffed players while unbuffed* like this) and ended as a defense stacker commando...

off those only the first 2 temps could be done with the cookie cutter gear, but then again they were pretty cookie cutter and popular templates, and big pistols (Geo, DL-44, DX2)

The others worked because I geared accordingly, (all my gear was custom crafted for me)

The MBH worked because I'd put on some LLC skilltapes, and had a crazy LLC (2.1S 820 max +76 acc) that would kill most people there where KD in a few shots, even in comp armor....and I'd get them KD with (with marksman 0040 (carbines) a special crafted carbine, 1.2s +112 acc, 50 or so damage (only for applying state effects/posture changes)

Kite and Boom.....

the M commando had one very fast 900 max high acc FT and one 1300+ slower FT, acklay enhanced nades, and high acc 8.4k damage rocket launchers (can't remeber the stats on the other consumables, but the rockets carried the biggest punch), when defense stacked I'd template into the defense boxes of TKA and pistoleer

that was the beauty of swg, even if the classes were unbalanced, and swords/CM/rifle were easy out of the box, the complex mechanics at least gave you the possibility to compensate for the shortcomings of your prof...

*I did use a special tantel armour set when unbuffed with 27% stun and 85 avg encumbrance

sometime it surprises me how little some people took advantage of the complex game mechanics of swg pre-curb

Ok, so I haven't read all the responses to the OP so fprgive me in advance if this is repeated.

Are you kidding me? Are you seriously saying SWTOR is the same or even simular to SWG? LOL!! I needed a good laugh before I went to work......:p

-------------------

So your really that stupid? The combat system in NGE and not the old SWG...... Read the post and not just the begining, I never said the whole game, the NGE combat system uppdate that they've made...... Very funny...

You know I was there on lunch day for SWG, switch to WoW and then waited to SWTOR. I wish we could stop complaining and bashing 3 different games. SWG at first was a dream, i would not say flawless but it was a dream come true for all of us. Customer Service... I don't think so and what happened to the player base after the CU, NGE, etc... can be summarize in one thing: SOE not being honest with the player base. Sad indeed.

Stop comparing this 2 games. I think Bioware is doing a great job, why... honesty. Our announcement today says. Ooops we have a problem and we are fixing it. Do you know how many of those we had on SWG? The bugs, do you remember end game on SWG, corvette???

I too miss SWG, I miss everything about it.... But that is SWG, not SWTOR... TOR is another game, it just so happens the is Star Wars themed and for that I am grateful. The fact of the matter is that the game is new and i believe they are working hard to resolve some of the issues. If they do or not... we will evaluate in the future.