We can romance Arcann ...FROM WHEN?

LordBraidenbach

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see them changing anything about Eternal Throne. That would involve entirely too much work. Besides, it would be kinda weird to start romancing him the minute we bring him to Odessen (no matter how much we might want to). We don't get his first "pining away for the Commander" email til after ET anyways.

And I'm still holding out on there not being a Theron kill option - that would mean removing Theron from any bit of story content down the road and I don't see that happening because that would mean it would be the Lana-only show since pretty much everybody else can be dead.

Edited by Dracofish

I hope we don't have to kill Theron, and I don't think it will happen. Since is a big part of the story.

Oh a Arcann romance, I can see one or two of my toons going for him. But I am not sure how they would go about it though. Unless they insert a flirt option each time you interact with him (which isn't a whole lot before he turns)

I hope we don't have to kill Theron, and I don't think it will happen. Since is a big part of the story.

Oh a Arcann romance, I can see one or two of my toons going for him. But I am not sure how they would go about it though. Unless they insert a flirt option each time you interact with him (which isn't a whole lot before he turns)

I don't know that they would need a flirt option. The entire time you're fighting against Arcann reads like total foreplay to me when you're in the same room. There are some definite feels going on, at least on his end. And then there are the emails he sends...the one right after you take the throne, and the other right after Umbara...which to me read like he's completely pining away for the Commander. So I think it would be very easy for them to just transition to a romance arc for him (because it's kinda obvious he's digging on the Commander anyways). I'd imagine, because he can be dead, that any romance will have to be kept out of the main story, because he won't be a part of it...which kinda stinks, but at least we're getting something.

Edited by Dracofish

I agree that from a practical point at least, that it might be too much of a hassle to tinker too much with the existing eternal throne story to add additional content or dialogue and that the romance would flow more smoothly (for a number of reasons) if they limit the blossoming romance to post Eternal Throne.

BUT it should not be as hard to make a couple minor modifications to what is ALREADY present. (by minor I mean nothing involving rerecording old lines or reanimation of certain scenes.)

take for example the LS ending of the chapter where Arcaan is officially allowed into the alliance. there is a scene where the commander can already tell Arcaan he looks a lot better with no mask from before.

that with his more gentle tone of voice from the existing response, it should be simple enough to just add a flirt tag to that dialogue choice.

little things like this could be a solid way to go!

From the moment you decide its cool to not punish a person who has committed worse atrocities then any monster in the real world (killing the populations of several planets out of petty spite against the alliance commander alone makes Hitler look like an underachiever on the genocide scale, and thats just one of his atrocities) is when you start your quest to play tonsil hockey with magical space Hitler. Hard to romance someone who you killed.

Seriously, I don't care how sad his backstory is. Arcann is a monster and I've never had a single character that was willing to let him just walk away whistling a jaunty tune with no punishment. It would be ideal if there was an option to put him on trial or something but we are given the choice of 'kill him right here and now or completely forgive him with no future punishment' so he always gets killed (even if it means also shanking Senya because she is being a self centered **** who wants her magical space hitler son to not suffer any punishment).

Edited by dcaleb

From the moment you decide its cool to not punish a person who has committed worse atrocities then any monster in the real world (killing the populations of several planets out of petty spite against the alliance commander alone makes Hitler look like an underachiever on the genocide scale, and thats just one of his atrocities) is when you start your quest to play tonsil hockey with magical space Hitler. Hard to romance someone who you killed.

Seriously, I don't care how sad his backstory is. Arcann is a monster and I've never had a single character that was willing to let him just walk away whistling a jaunty tune with no punishment. It would be ideal if there was an option to put him on trial or something but we are given the choice of 'kill him right here and now or completely forgive him with no future punishment' so he always gets killed (even if it means also shanking Senya because she is being a self centered **** who wants her magical space hitler son to not suffer any punishment).

That's fine...more for me! *grins*

I agree that from a practical point at least, that it might be too much of a hassle to tinker too much with the existing eternal throne story to add additional content or dialogue and that the romance would flow more smoothly (for a number of reasons) if they limit the blossoming romance to post Eternal Throne.

BUT it should not be as hard to make a couple minor modifications to what is ALREADY present. (by minor I mean nothing involving rerecording old lines or reanimation of certain scenes.)

take for example the LS ending of the chapter where Arcaan is officially allowed into the alliance.there is a scene where the commander can already tell Arcaan he looks a lot better with no mask from before.

that with his more gentle tone of voice from the existing response, it should be simple enough to just add a flirt tag to that dialogue choice.

little things like this could be a solid way to go!

Ha! I always headcanon that dialogue as a flirt even without the tag.

I think they can still intergrate him into future story even he's killable. They could just have Lana as the stand in companion if he's dead. I hope the romance will begin early next year. Hopefully 5.7.

Edited by LamiaKan

Unlikely to ever happen, the choice for Arcann was made during ET in Chapter one and again a few chapters later when confronting him after Vaylin's escape. If you look at a lot of the other characters through out swtor, once a life or death choice is made they are either not seen again or killed off completely. Edited by Celise

that's good they made Arcann a romance option for those who want to romance him and have him as a party member. I finished the Eternal throne and then I did the story before that one, so its kind of awkward to have Arcann in your Alliance base when he's the enemy at the moment

Why would anyone want to romance this humunculus?

Why do you ask such a stupid question?

Do not like the character? So this topic is not about how much you do not like he. Pass by, and do not ask stupid questions.

The rest of this also applies. Be kind, do not belch out your anger and bile here, like blunt trolls.

Edited by MrJunay

I don't understand those who get their panties in a twist over what character other people want to do a romance with in a video game.

Because if I don't want it, you shouldn't want it either, and you certainly shouldn't get it simply because I don't have any desire for it.

Or probably something along those lines.:rak_03: