Simple Database Download? Does it exist?

cobaltpraetorian

I'm looking for a way to get a basic listing of the craftable items in SWTOR into an Excel spreadsheet, with as much data about each item as possible (name, quality, required skill level, item level, ingredients, etc) so that I can track whether my character has the recipe already.

Essentially, I want a checklist in Excel format so I know which ones I pick up on other toons that I can sell and which ones I need to keep.

To that end, I've looked at building my own database, but that seemed silly when the data already exists on sites like swtor-spy.com, torhead.com and darthaterdb.com. Unfortunately, that data is not easily extracted from those sites and put into a spreadsheet.

Does anyone know how I can best achieve this? Constructive feedback is appreciated.

I don't have an answer, but face a similar issue. When you go shopping, how do you know which recipes you already have unless you keep pen and pencil (xls, etc) list of all the recipes you got?

I would ask BW to make it so that the GTN warns you if you try to purchase a recipe you already know, but then, when would that happen? :-P

So my idea is to find a text file (or a web site with a list) that I can download, import to an xls and then start the checkmark deal. :-( I did this for all the L49 Enhancements you can craft (the ones I have) and it took a LOOOT of time.work.

Other ideas welcome.

I don't have an answer, but face a similar issue. When you go shopping, how do you know which recipes you already have unless you keep pen and pencil (xls, etc) list of all the recipes you got?

I would ask BW to make it so that the GTN warns you if you try to purchase a recipe you already know, but then, when would that happen? :-P

So my idea is to find a text file (or a web site with a list) that I can download, import to an xls and then start the checkmark deal. :-( I did this for all the L49 Enhancements you can craft (the ones I have) and it took a LOOOT of time.work.

Other ideas welcome.

Any chance you might wanna post a link for that spreadsheet you have? :D

I'm looking for a way to get a basic listing of the craftable items in SWTOR into an Excel spreadsheet, with as much data about each item as possible (name, quality, required skill level, item level, ingredients, etc)

Interesting ...because you don't need most of this ...

...to do this ...

so that I can track whether my character has the recipe already. Essentially, I want a checklist in Excel format so I know which ones I pick up on other toons that I can sell and which ones I need to keep.

At most, you need name, class, maybe required skill level (but the latter doesn't really tell you if you already have the recipe, it just tells you if you can craft it) ...and I'm not sure how you could ever sync up what each character really 'knows' without manual input every time they learn something new as there is no 'export' function.

Constructively, no, I don't know of any "simple" database you can simply download to give you all of the comprehensive information you desire on crew skills. It wouldn't take long, though ...maybe a couple of months of hard work ...to do the research and create one yourself - there are only a finite, static number of recipes.

Of course, when you are done, you will be happy to share your months of hard work with the community as a 'simple', (and free) download, right?

I've been keeping a spreadsheet for my Artifice schems on my main. Very tedious work and it would be nice to have something to track the skills my alts have in the same place. The thought of adding the other skills to this one makes me shudder though...

Here's my Artifice sspreadsheet, if anyone is interested. It only lists schematics that I have learned, but I may add the ones I don't know yet to it at some point (such as the campaign level hilts/enhancements, etc.).

http://bit.ly/darganon

:)

I'll be glad to share my xls. It just a list of the L49 Enhancements and their stats. I did it because choosing which one to make for my toons was becoming a nightmare. As I learned some blues, I added to it. I'll try to upload, free for everybody, and if we add on to it hey we can share. Idealy we would add sheets for Armoring and mods (L49+) so we can choose what best works on our chars.

On the recipe issue, I think if we could get a comprehensive list of them by crew skill, lets say all the Artifice, we can then at least check mark as you get them. One big issue is that you can't have the GTN and the crew skills windows open at the same time. So it hard to check when you go shopping if you have something or not... unless...

I have seen a couple of UIs that have moved the windows around or changed their pop up position. Anybody know if there is a way to keep the crew skills window (lets say Artifice, the list of what you can craft) when the GTN is open? That would make a great difference.

Can't help with the actual mats needed for the recipes but to help when purchasing new schematics I did screenshots of my crafting list then had that on my tablet while I was shopping the GTN, saved me from a few duplicates.

Of course I actually lost track of purchases and bought a few duplicates as I was going through the market... :/

Edited by Kerensk

I have seen a couple of UIs that have moved the windows around or changed their pop up position. Anybody know if there is a way to keep the crew skills window (lets say Artifice, the list of what you can craft) when the GTN is open? That would make a great difference.

Go into the Interface Editor and click the checkbox for Enable Movable Secondary Window - this allows you to have multiple windows open and you can drag them to where you want.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet for my Artifice schems on my main. Very tedious work and it would be nice to have something to track the skills my alts have in the same place. The thought of adding the other skills to this one makes me shudder though...

Here's my Artifice sspreadsheet, if anyone is interested. It only lists schematics that I have learned, but I may add the ones I don't know yet to it at some point (such as the campaign level hilts/enhancements, etc.).

http://bit.ly/darganon

:)

Wow! With pictures and everything. Very nice, but yeah, that must take a load of work. :) Mine are mostly black and white xls ... :)

https://rapidshare.com/files/1805148393/Orange%20gear%20List.rar

I have made this list for myself some time ago. It only have the orange craftable armors up to level ~30, since I think that beyond that is not profitable. So you may find useful :p It is very simple though, but I have printed it and have it on my desk and everyday I check the gtn for recipes I may be missing

Edit: The UT is Underworld Trading and the number is the rank of the Underworld missions that can give you this recipe

Edited by Ampalaea