Legacy of Crafting ???

WarbNull

I have a question about the Legacy of Crafting perk.

Does the Augmented Benefit that it offers only pertain to the crewskills like Armstech, Armormech, and Synthweaving, or can it help others as well?

I know that I can add Augmentation Slots to weapons and clothing or armor, but I have yet to see any Augmented Result for any of my Artifice Items or even my BioChem crewskills. I am just wondering if it is a waste to even invest in it for both those skills. The only things I can think of that I can make which would have a chance of Augmented results is my Light Sabers and maybe my Shields/Focus items for Artifice, if they can have Augmentation Slots added to them. I never tried to add any to the Shields or Focuses. Then for BioChem I am not even sure if the Implants can have Augmentation Slots added as I have never tried that as well. Maybe I should look at them next time I log into the game.

But anyways, would it be worth investing in the Legacy of Crafting perks for say Artifice or even Biochem for that matter? Or would that be a waste of Credits?

The Crafting character perks only improve your critical chance for augmentable gear. Every class can create at least one type of gear, so the perk still benefits everyone, but you shouldn't expect to get a bunch of spare hilts, barrels, and mods out of this perk.

People need to stop thinking augment relates specifically augments in gear and realize that augment by definition means, " to make greater, more numerous, larger, or more intense <the impact of the report was augmented by its timing>"

The perk increases your chance to crit on making anything.

Yes Bioware has poor word choice to confuse people.

Edited by Zorash

The Crafting character perks only improve your critical chance for augmentable gear. Every class can create at least one type of gear, so the perk still benefits everyone, but you shouldn't expect to get a bunch of spare hilts, barrels, and mods out of this perk.

I just corrected someone else in a thread on page two of the crafting forums... Bioware really needs to word this better, as they promised to do several months ago (admitting that yes, it was poorly worded).

Legacy of Crafting does increase the chance you crit and get doubles. See the official dev responses on page one and two of this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=492276&page=2

No they dont. They increase crit chance for all crafting skills, which means makers of augments, mods, armorings, enhancements also benefit.

Legacy of crafting is a pretty awful character perk for the price.

350,000 credits for a mere +3% chance to augment gear is... really bad. It's not +3% critical, just +3% chance of augmented items. I strongly recommend avoiding it.

Wow, how many people seriously need to spread misinformation in this thread, especially when there is a thread confirming that legacy of crafting increases crit on everything, not just augments.

Uh... you'd be wrong.

It's a 3% chance to either gain an augment on an item, or critically succeed, and double the amount of the items crafted.

That's worth its weight in gold for some crafts. Combine that with a maxed-out Affection ship droid, and you could be looking at a 10%-ish chance to crit on every single craft you make using him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was another thread about this a few months back, in which a dev replied to clear up the legacy of crafting perk.

Essentially this perk is a bonus to the critical success rate in crafting. And it effects all crafted items.

And item that can have an aug slot will have one if a critical success occurs.

When crafting item mods a critical success results in a twin item being produced.

The Legacy of Crafting perk increases the chance of both of these occurring by 1% per level of the perk.