Did the TTK..... Just get shorter?

UltimateKrucible

I have seen one myself. Killed by a 9k crit , i haven't gotten any on my operative yet, but I was getting 7k heals and 7 k crits.... Didn't think at the time to take a screen shot of it, but it happens alot so I'm sure I will get around to it. The 9k crits that is.
I havent seen any +9K but I've been hit by assassins/hadows for a good 8,5K several times. That one big hit isnt the problem though, the problem is the cascade of big hits. You see 4K + 5K + 7K and so on as soon as two enemies have you in their sight. I've died, from full health, so fast a couple of times that all the red numbers where lumped together.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they need to tweak some classes dmg or at the very least, scale the HPS higher after bolster. As a MM slinger/sniper, i can throw an instant EP on a target, then hit a 5-8k ambush (1.5 sec cast), which also explodes EP for 3-5k. Then immediately followup with an instant trickshot which i've been hitting alot for 5k~8k. That's a potential 21k in 3 seconds. Even if only one or none of those crit, you'll be left with a quarter or less hps, as most people are in the 22-24hp range with bolster. And guess what? I then hit you with an instant QD which will usually finish a target off.

The kicker here? Ok, maybe that 3 gcd rotation doesnt finish you off. I then either move and drop for instant CB, which will hit for ~3-5k, or cast SS (dmg on this one is sporadtic), but then trickshot is off cooldown thanks to auto-reset skill, and bam, another 5k-8k. No energy issues what so ever, i cant potentially lay down 30k worth of dmg in about 6 seconds. And i didnt even use a cc if i wanted to root my target to make sure they dont get away. I have a 36 lvl slinger (52 sniper). I've been pushing 600k-800k in WZs, with 0-1 deaths. Thats insane for a lvl 36 anything.

This isnt a 'nerf slinger' post, but people have to realize whats going on. EVERY match i've been in, and i've been in alot since the patch, has 2+ snipers on a team. If you have two snipers pewpewing everything, things will just die almost instantly if its focused.

The problem as i see it are the skills that reset other skills in the skill trees. Like Recoil Control resetting trickshot. I love this feature, but it allows me to string out some massive damage with no downtime anymore...

Here's a question - Is your sniper who's 52 putting out 600-800k in warzones? Cause see, I've been in about 25 warzones 30-54 now, and maybe once I've seen a sniper hit that number (700k+). I hit 300-550k in warzones (30-54) and my output has proven reasonably balanced compared to other classes (PT, Warriors).

I see all sorts of hyperbole about people never dying and putting up god mode numbers, yet I'm just not seeing it unless it's a one-off. Sure, I bet a 'top" sniper on the server could do this...but the real question is - can everyone put this imaginary value out? Answer is no. People get out of your way. Line of sight nerfs slingers/snipers really hard. There are PLENTY of defenses for white damage output.

Honestly, I think the problem with the new bolster is it (un-intentionally)overpowers certain lower levels past what higher levels get bolstered by the same mechanic. This could never be solidly tested on PTS because it's hard enough to get people to queue for warzones at 55, much less anything else. All of the claims I hear about OP damage are all from players in the 30's. I don't think this is a coincidence.

I wish that guy that kept his parse of hits taken on PTS would come in here and post a new one. Sorry, but forgot who it was.

But he made a nice colored chart of what hits for how much and how often, averaged over a period of time. Now that we're live, doing a few dozen warzones over the weekend would be a good start for making a chart like that. :)

Hope you read this thread, guy!

Edited by Monterone

I wish that guy that kept his parse of hits taken on PTS would come in here and post a new one. Sorry, but forgot who it was.

But he made a nice colored chart of what hits for how much and how often, averaged over a period of time. Now that we're live, doing a few dozen warzones over the weekend would be a good start for making a chart like that. :)

It was wainonomememememen or something like that. Smart poster. If I could remember exactly what his name was, I would search for it.

So you didnt get us to test pvp propertly in the PTS by not giving us access to lvl 55 pvp gear you ignored the feedback and went ahead without making any changes,instead you spended time in stupid stuff like macrobinoculars etc and now that expansion is live you want to fix this? im not lvl 55 yet but if its still broken when i hit 55 youll lose my subscription

It was wainonomememememen or something like that. Smart poster. If I could remember exactly what his name was, I would search for it.

Found it!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615918

Edited by Technohic

Definitely!

let me guess, the devs deleted that thread too?

Just one bit of advice Dave:

You know there are people you can get to do things like this for you, without all this bellyaching. They're called interns. If they're in school, you don't even have to pay them. Even a single lazy intern could take a single work day and go through every set of endgame gear in the game, on every advanced class, in and out of warzones, and give you the full stats you're asking for on every permutation. If they're not lazy, they could do it in half a day.

If you have two of them around, you could have them spend another whole day pairing up with every permutation of the mirror classes and hitting each other 20 times each with every ability of every class, to record the average damage done and crit frequency in practice.

Have them repeat this test with two naked toons, and you would see exactly what needs to be done, and where you need to do it.

Again, these people are free labor for you. You could probably get two full teams to run warzones against each other non-stop for a week, giving them full access to all classes and gear, and seeing what they wind up playing and what their impressions are of what works and what doesn't. You might at long last learn something about how your game actually works.

Edited by Heezdedjim

Just one bit of advice Dave:

You know there are people you can get to do things like this for you, without all this bellyaching. They're called interns. If they're in school, you don't even have to pay them. Even a single lazy intern could take a single work day and go through every set of endgame gear in the game, on every advanced class, in and out of warzones, and give you the full stats you're asking for on every permutation. If they're not lazy, they could do it in half a day.

If you have two of them around, you could have them spend another whole day pairing up with every permutation of the mirror classes and hitting each other 20 times each with every ability of every class, to record the average damage done and crit frequency in practice.

Have them repeat this test with two naked toons, and you would see exactly what needs to be done, and where you need to do it.

Again, these people are free labor for you. You could probably get two full teams to run warzones against each other non-stop for a week, giving them full access to all classes and gear, and seeing what they wind up playing and what their impressions are of what works and what doesn't. You might at long last learn something about how your game actually works.

Sounds like a fun internship tbh.

If two things were done, I bet people would say it's a well balanced game and would enjoy playing it.

1. Remove autocrit from smash and lower its damage. Re-balance the Rage tree to up single target dps due to this change.

2. Manipulate damage reduction from expertise until desired TTK is reached. Now, I know 60% and 37.5% cancel each other out, but why not up the reduction to a flat 40%, this would increase survivability in PvP and lengthen TTK without any other major changes. It would be the same as adding a, let's say, 5% trauma on damage in addition to the healing trauma we already have, but it's easier to do just by changing the expertise numbers.

Anyways, just suggestions... but you won't have a balanced game for PvP as long as Smash is the only ability making that large pyramid on the chart.

Here's a question - Is your sniper who's 52 putting out 600-800k in warzones? Cause see, I've been in about 25 warzones 30-54 now, and maybe once I've seen a sniper hit that number (700k+). I hit 300-550k in warzones (30-54) and my output has proven reasonably balanced compared to other classes (PT, Warriors).

I

To be honest, i've parked all by Imp 50's. They are all full EWH, and have 5-6k less HP than my lowbie RePs, which is just stupid. And i refuse to fight naked, which i did for a bit. So i cannot give data points on a 50's sniper.

My slinger though, is 38 now. and at a minimium gets 400k, and usually upwards of 700k+, depending on what i'm doing and the WZ. The high end dmg comes in the maps that i don't have to move between nodes much, like huttball and void and CW. I broke 1 milion in Huttball last night, but that was a one-off. people left me alone and i dont think i ever moved, just pewpewed the middle. As for dying, I've gotten really good at kiting, and using/saving dodge/sp/cc's for specific classes/skills they use against me. and i always, always keep a surprise or too for stealthies that will eventually come for me. I'm kinda twitchy that way. Now on my sentinel/shadow, i'm dying aplenty...

• Dev Post
On the note of TTK, for anyone that has gotten the Level 55 PvP gear, what is your healing from expertise bonus? On the PTS it was only 21% for me in full Conqueror -- the patch notes explicitly say you are supposed to have 35%. If that issue hasn't been resolved, well, that may be why TTK is low.

I wanted to pop in and clarify as we actually had some things noted incorrectly in our patch notes. Here is the rundown:

TLDR - Expertise cap for healing is now 20%, up from 15% (was incorrectly listed as 35%). The Trauma healing effect is now 35%, up from 30%

Diminishing returns on Expertise was removed for healing, however the cap was supposed to be listed as 20%, not 35%. You will notice that this cap is UP 5% from what it was pre-2.0. On the other side of this, another change which was not noted is that the Trauma effect in PvP (the effect which reduces healing) was actually increased from 30% to 35%.

What this will mean in PvP is that players wearing Expertise gear would technically see no change in their effective healing. However, players who are wearing little or no expertise gear would see their effective healing lowered.

We have gone ahead and corrected those errors on the patch notes, we apologize for any confusion that caused. I hope that clears things up.

-eric

I wanted to pop in and clarify as we actually had some things noted incorrectly in our patch notes. Here is the rundown:

TLDR - Expertise cap for healing is now 20%, up from 15% (was incorrectly listed as 35%). The Trauma healing effect is now 35%, up from 30%

Diminishing returns on Expertise was removed for healing, however the cap was supposed to be listed as 20%, not 35%. You will notice that this cap is UP 5% from what it was pre-2.0. On the other side of this, another change which was not noted is that the Trauma effect in PvP (the effect which reduces healing) was actually increased from 30% to 35%.

What this will mean in PvP is that players wearing Expertise gear would technically see no change in their effective healing. However, players who are wearing little or no expertise gear would see their effective healing lowered.

We have gone ahead and corrected those errors on the patch notes, we apologize for any confusion that caused. I hope that clears things up.

-eric

Good job dodging everyones post's can we get a eta on fixes? To sum up of all these posts: no we won't do your job you had pts post's and metrics. Bottom line is this was ranked release all over again you are not good to your customers and they have every right to be annoyed.

P.S. Don't bother with anymore pts servers you clearly don't use any of the information why don't you just remove the forums you only seem to answer the easy questions.

Edited by ripamorame

• Dev Post
That doesn't explain what we're experiencing at all...

You should maybe take a look at wonky stats like this one

We are still actively investigating time to kill and I will give you more information as I have it. This is just one thing that we noticed we had mis-noted in our patch notes and it seemed like a logical place to point out the correction.

-eric

However, players who are wearing little or no expertise gear would see their effective healing lowered.

Except that everyone gets a whole bunch of expertise (over 2k), no matter what they're wearing?

Edited by Jherad

Except that everyone gets a whole bunch of expertise (over 2k), no matter what they're wearing?

Seriously, why would anyone volunteer to be undergeared when they can just show up buck naked and be max expertise and about 80-90% conqueror gear effectiveness?

Edited by islander

P.S. Don't bother with anymore pts servers you clearly don't use any of the information why don't you just remove the forums you only seem to answer the easy questions.

This does definitely appear so. You guys only seem to pick to answer the questions that there is no chance you can say anything wrong in, or piss anyone off -- you're so timid.

I wish you guys would grow a pair and start communicating with us, and take the good with the bad. Answer real questions for us, like why does power have no diminishing returns? Why was crit chance butchered but auto-crit Smash left as is? And a million other valid questions on these forums that get repeated again and again and never get touched.

LOL at 4 hitting someone.. Try Tera PvP, can kill someone 4 times over with one hit in equal gear.

I think this has more with people having the chance to reroll the FOV type character with the double exp weekends and with currently everyone being on a more equal ground results in much quicker deaths due to damage outputs of these FOV classes.

I've been playing a lot of lowbie 10 - 29 bracket. Everyone has the same expertise there so it "shouldn't be affected by gear. TTK is definitely a lot shorter. I'm running around as a Mercenary. My armor is like 52%. I'm pretty good at LOSing and generally not getting myself focused. On top of that I am usually specced for heals so I'm pretty hardy.

Generally everyone has around 22k health. I am noticing that people are hitting a LOT harder. My teammates are getting straight nuked around me. At the end of every match I scroll through the scores and people have ~ 8 - 9.5k Biggest hits. Even with a 22k health pool, that's just insane. That's literally 2 - 3 globals and your done.

30 - 54 bracket would be even worse because of how drastically expertise scales. I didn't notice it much when I played that bracket on patch release but I was one of the first to literally strip off my gear and check how the bolster worked. I noticed that naked I had 59.7% expertise. Some of the guys around me had a 52% while wearing gear.

Here are the stats for my Assassin. I am using recruit MK-2 stalker gear, but my offhand is a shield generator with a purple 21 resolve armoring, and blue 19b aptitude mod, a blue 15 adept enhancement, and a blue "yellow intrepidity crystal".

Character level 50

Character level 50

Buffed with Gear

Health 20372

Endurance 1617

Expertise 1067

Armor 3899

Buffed but Naked

Health 23756

Endurance 1952

Expertise 1887

Armor 3877

Gear No Buff

Health 15114

Endurance 1246

Expertise 877

Armor 3076

As you can see, there is a significant penalty applied to my character if I choose to play while wearing all of my gear. I tried, but my damage output was pitiful to say the least, and I was defiantly much easier to kill.

Edited by Exly

Ha! You beat me to it!

Ha! What's up Kovaos?! Weren't you running your mouth ad nauseum in FAVOR of the bolster system prior to 2.0's release and how it was going to make PvP more even and about skill, not gear?

Hypocrite.