Ok. Now that Nautolans are a shoe-in for next new playable race - how about Zeltrons?

JepFareborn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
People keep saying Nautolans are coming with the new expansion, but I've not seen this announced anywhere. That's a pretty major thing to leave out of an expansion announcement. :rod_confused_g:

We did announce Nautolans as a part of our announcement at Celebration. Since it is an MTX offering though we didn't want to put it in the formal announcement on the website as we try to keep those types of details separate.

That being said, it is our goal to work in a way to offer Nautolans free to subs around launch so stay tuned for details on that front.

-eric

We've certainly got our pick of species to choose from but it is to wonder whether EA is limited to a given specie's romance capability, fits existing geometry for the four body types, and/or only those species Disney dictates (and we already know the Yoda species is off limits).

They may also have to consider differentiation, i.e. some species we've seen in game look awesome but may require major work to be able to offer character models that actually look different. Otherwise it's like, "hey, new species, but you can only choose from 3 different faces."

For example: Gand, Ithorian, Sand Person.

My favorite picks I hope we get someday, in order from most desired to least (dreaming, of course): Kel Dor, Rakata, Kaleesh, Devaronian, Weequay, Trandoshan, Rodian, Selonian

We did announce Nautolans as a part of our announcement at Celebration. Since it is an MTX offering though we didn't want to put it in the formal announcement on the website as we try to keep those types of details separate.

That being said, it is our goal to work in a way to offer Nautolans free to subs around launch so stay tuned for details on that front.

-eric

Should've been Rodians.

-eric

Oooh...first I've heard of this! Good choice guys!!!

-eric

What is an MTX offering?

If we could have any species at all, i'd vote for two:

1. hutt (would look awesome to see a huge hutt wearing goggles and zooming along on a really small mount)

2. mouse droid. yes. I said mouse droid. Who doesn't want to zip around and make little beeping sounds?

1. hutt (would look awesome to see a huge hutt wearing goggles and zooming along on a really small mount)

2. mouse droid. yes. I said mouse droid. Who doesn't want to zip around and make little beeping sounds?

(Imagines a tiny droid attempting to wield a two-handed lightsaber...)

-eric

I am super excited about Nautolans. Just one thing though.

It would be super cool, if we got them a couple months before the expansion.

This would allow us time to roll out a brand new Nautolan character and play through the old content and stories leading up to the next expansion.

Just a thought. Either way, this is an awesome announcement. :cool:

Pfft they'd just make larger mounts for the hutt and make the smaller ones unusable by them. Now seeing one wielding a lightsaber and doing flips in the air ... that'd be worth paying for.

Apologies for my shorthand there. I mean it will be available for purchase in our Cartel Market, similar to how our other unlockable species work right now.

-eric

Sigh. Cartel Market. Yes, I know, you got to make money.

However, I'd like something to work towards in the game, that would show off I did it. Similar to the DvL event.

Fine. How about this:

**Subscribers get one free character creation Nautolan. However appearance designing is limited

**Cartel Market. Can buy the ability to make as many as they want. However appearance designing is limited.

**Someone can unlock the race by simply playing though content. Setting up target parameters (accounting for those that have done so), such as you have to make a character to level 50 of each current race, must have completed all 8 character (acts 1-3) storyline completed, and must play through the new 6.0 storyline with a character. This not only unlocks the any amount of Nautolans a person wants to make, but also unlocks certain appearances, and maybe even a title.

As a subscriber, yeah its cool to get included stuff. But there should be unlocked things we can earn and show off. I'm sure I'm in the very small minority, as most will 'give it to me now, I'll pay for it'.

Sigh. Cartel Market. Yes, I know, you got to make money.

However, I'd like something to work towards in the game, that would show off I did it. Similar to the DvL event.

Fine. How about this:

**Subscribers get one free character creation Nautolan. However appearance designing is limited

**Cartel Market. Can buy the ability to make as many as they want. However appearance designing is limited.

**Someone can unlock the race by simply playing though content. Setting up target parameters (accounting for those that have done so), such as you have to make a character to level 50 of each current race, must have completed all 8 character (acts 1-3) storyline completed, and must play through the new 6.0 storyline with a character. This not only unlocks the any amount of Nautolans a person wants to make, but also unlocks certain appearances, and maybe even a title.

As a subscriber, yeah its cool to get included stuff. But there should be unlocked things we can earn and show off. I'm sure I'm in the very small minority, as most will 'give it to me now, I'll pay for it'.

Re-read Eric's first post. Specifically this bit:

My wish list:

- Anzati

- Arkanianer

- Chagrianer

- Chalactaner

- Devaronianer

- Epicanthix

- Falleen

- Firrerreo

- Kiffar

- Voss

- etc.

There are enough species to unlock one each month ....:cool:

Echani is on my list. I'd even be happy with them making an Echani, and Zelton even since both are basically human, appearance pack with appropriate skin, eye, and hair colours. Right now my main and alt-main, who are half brothers and half- and full-Echani, respectively, use the palest human skin tone, the grey-white hair, and the white eyes to approximate an Echani, but they really look more like a KotOR 2 Echani. I'd love to have real white skin, hair, and silver eyes.