Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

Craftamancer

Tempesta Silva:

The difficulty of crafting an item is directly proportionate to the likelihood of you gaining a skill point.

The Difficulty Levels range from Grey -> Green -> Yellow -> Orange

Grey = No Crew Skill level gains can occur from making this schematic (it's too easy)

Green = Crew Skill Level gains are possible but not guaranteed

Yellow = Guaranteed to receive a Crew Skill Level gain

Orange = Grants two Crew Skill level gains

This thread literally delivers. Thanks!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would also throw out that you can make decent profits on space craft upgrades. especially the lvl 2 versions.

(most of my mules/alts i'll log in to lvl crafting while running space missions... set of lvl 2s holds you over til mid 30ish lvl range.... that's why i think grade 2 sell so well)

Also... don't over look. artifact lvl armors/mods of the lower lvls. credits become easier once you're 50+ i've noticed all my purple mods tend to sell...fast. especially right around lvl 20ish. then again...as people push into the lvl high 30ish/low 40s lvl range.

Gernades had a spike in popularity for PvP use. and generally sell to people that like them. but wouldn't say they're a money maker until higher lvl

Isn't there a gap at level 4 too? Like the venders sell level 3 and level 5, but no level for spacecraft stuff. Does that stuff sell or do people just use level 3 until there late 40s?

level4 ship upgrades sold really well for me. When I first picked up cybertech level 4 sold for about 10-15k depending on demand. I was in the 20s when selling those so it was definitely good money. Right now though, on my server at least, ship upgrades have gone to crap, level4s are as low as 5k (really ppl?), even the purple upgrades have gone as high as 60k are now selling as low as 18k.

The low prices on the artifact ship parts really don't make any sense to me, the mandalorian irons themselves are going 12k a piece, I hope whoever sells that low aren't trying the stock market lol. I've strictly moved onto earpieces now...when those prices go to hell I'll have to think of something else :p

Great guide!

Can you add to the guide (for those people who know little to nothing) that for armoring you *can* reverse engineer blues into advanced purples.

Also, am I right that there is no point in REing purple advanced armoring? They are the best armoring? (That should be added to the guide too, since armoring works different than things that have the 3/15 tiered prefixes, like earpieces).

Thank you!

I make all my money in cybertech from selling Columi grade Ear pieces.

I am the only one on my server who can make the pieces and i sell them for about 200K a pop on the GTN

I raid every week and i get any where from 2 - 7 data cubes per week netting me a total average revenue of 1 million a week. This takes no effort what so ever i get 3 - 5 hits everytime im in the fleet and post them in general.

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone who hit 50 kept with cybertech?

Aside from the ship upgrades (which can be argued as unnecessary at 50), only the earpieces are viable at 50. And even those can be replaced with relative ease doing daily commendations and buying the rakata earpieces.

I've been sticking with Cybertech since 50 about 3 weeks ago, using it solely as a source of income, however earpiece prices have taken a downturn. Pieces that used to sell for 40-60k are now as low as 20k and averaging 30k; not to mention market is flooded with lots of them, i still have a few unique pieces but it's only a matter of time. Additionally credits are so easy to come by at 50...so I'm really wondering if anybody else has stuck with cybertech? Or have they moved on to better things such as biochem?

Edited by Xtrema

Aside from the ship upgrades (which can be argued as unnecessary at 50), only the earpieces are viable at 50. And even those can be replaced with relative ease doing daily commendations and buying the rakata earpieces.

I've been sticking with Cybertech since 50 about 3 weeks ago, using it solely as a source of income, however earpiece prices have taken a downturn. Pieces that used to sell for 40-60k are now as low as 20k and averaging 30k; not to mention market is flooded with lots of them, i still have a few unique pieces but it's only a matter of time. Additionally credits are so easy to come by at 50...so I'm really wondering if anybody else has stuck with cybertech? Or have they moved on to better things such as biochem?

There are huge changes coming to all the crafting professions in patch 1.2. Then again, power leveling a craft at level 50 is pretty trivial anyway. I think Cybertech is the skill to keep, especially with all the new social gear on the way, as well as future patches that unlock the new assassin droid companion.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, earpieces have dropped in price. That said, there are several ways to mitigate the loss of profit.

First, I keep a close eye on the most costly component of my crafting (Manadalorian Iron) on the GTN, as well as the other not so difficult components. This allows me to monitor my profit margin. If I can't sell the earpiece for more than the materials are worth, mainly because someone else has flooded the market with low priced items, it's probably not worth investing in that specific earpiece for the time being.

Second, I keep an eye on the cost of other earpieces, particularly the ones with good prefixes. I don't care how much someone charges for a commander's or rampart earpiece, but if they are selling a good veracity tanking earpiece than that's something I note.

If there are a lot of earpieces selling for much lower than my normal price, I have two options. Either post an earpiece for my regular price, and hope that their earpieces fall of the GTN before a buyer comes around, or sell as low as I can and still make back the cost of the materials. While this is a little counterproductive in that it floods the market and prevents possible future sales, it also allows you to fund the production of augmented earpieces.

Since I price augmented earpieces for almost 200k each, and they do sell, I can afford to lose a little business on the non-augmented earpieces. That said, I still tend to prefer option A, since I would rather have the low end price setters realize that they aren't making money and simply stop production than encourage extremely low price undercutting.

I've seen quite a few cybertechs stop selling and switch to another profession after they "realized" there was no money in it. Had they been smart and asked more for their wares initially they would've been fine.

I make most of my money now off of augmented earpieces, a few earpieces that few other cybertechs seem to sell, and from when other people's auctions fall off the market. Knowing exactly when your earpieces will fall off the GTN and being ready at that time, or before then if you have stock, to place them back up, will maintain your wealth.

That said, lower level mods and armoring should be MUCH more popular now that all the wealthy level 50s are working on alts. You can easily sell low level purple mods and the like for as much as 15k each. It may not sound like a lot, but it will add up quick since there probably aren't many other cybertechs selling the lower end items. The much larger quantity you can sell will make up for the smaller profit margin per item.

Low level artifact quality earpieces, even ones with presence as a stat, will probably also sell fairly well. Someone with 5-10 million credits doesn't mind spending 20-30k on gear to level his or her alt up a little faster.

Edited by Craftamancer

Great guide!

Can you add to the guide (for those people who know little to nothing) that for armoring you *can* reverse engineer blues into advanced purples.

Also, am I right that there is no point in REing purple advanced armoring? They are the best armoring? (That should be added to the guide too, since armoring works different than things that have the 3/15 tiered prefixes, like earpieces).

Thank you!

Added your suggestion.

You are correct. There's no point in REing purple advanced armoring. It will not give you a better armoring schematic.

Quite good post. I've two feedback points.

In the original post it refers to only droid parts being the blue starters, but for levels 19 and 23 (I think) there are blue earpiece schematics - only obtained via slicing or crit returns for other crew missions I think - which can be REd to 2nd tier purple.

The other points is either a comment or link to the companion crew skills. I'm smuggler which fits quite well with Cybertech as I send Corso and Guss out to gather UT 5 and 6 grade metals with Bowdaar as the crafter with his higher crit chance, the others scavenge.

Quite good post. I've two feedback points.

In the original post it refers to only droid parts being the blue starters, but for levels 19 and 23 (I think) there are blue earpiece schematics - only obtained via slicing or crit returns for other crew missions I think - which can be REd to 2nd tier purple.

The other points is either a comment or link to the companion crew skills. I'm smuggler which fits quite well with Cybertech as I send Corso and Guss out to gather UT 5 and 6 grade metals with Bowdaar as the crafter with his higher crit chance, the others scavenge.

Ahh, yes, my crafting explanation only takes into account skills learned at the trainer. I'll make a mention of RE for recipes you pick up. It's actually the exact same process, except that for items that start out as blue, there is a T1 artifact which REs into T2 artifact, much like the droid components.

I'll toss up a link to companion skills under the general info.

There are huge changes coming to all the crafting professions in patch 1.2. Then again, power leveling a craft at level 50 is pretty trivial anyway. I think Cybertech is the skill to keep, especially with all the new social gear on the way, as well as future patches that unlock the new assassin droid companion.

Also, cybertech speeders will become BOE, which means that you will be able to start selling them =)

Grenades are also having their cooldown lowered.

I remember reading your post over on DarthHater forums, if you are the same person. :)

Good guide. One comment:

Supremecy Serenity Relay - Cunning Healer

Based on what I've learned, Alacrity is not very favorable for Cunning (Operative) healers end-game. Instead, they typically advise stacking Power/Surge. Thus, I'd recommend that the preferred setup for their earpiece should be:

Expert Serenity Relay (RE from Overkill +power blue)

I'll comment further if anything else comes to mind. Great guide and definitely worth a sticky if only to prevent people from bothering to post 3290842039483 auctions on the GTN for purple prefixes that make no sense!

Edited by scootle

is the assassin droid still just a rumor or is that confirmed to be coming just no ETA? Speaking of droids, have any of you spent time gearing up the ship droid, if so what stats do u give him?

I remember reading your post over on DarthHater forums, if you are the same person. :)

Good guide. One comment:

Based on what I've learned, Alacrity is not very favorable for Cunning (Operative) healers end-game. Intead, they typically advise stacking Power/Surge. Thus, I'd recommend that the preferred setup for their earpiece should be:

I'll comment further if anything else comes to mind. Great guide and definitely worth a sticky if only to prevent people from bothering to post 3290842039483 auctions on the GTN for purple prefixes that make no sense!

^ very true about the serenity relay, one of the first earpieces I got and they sell very well. Personally one of my better selling earpieces actually, the mastercrafts for these almost never come back

is the assassin droid still just a rumor or is that confirmed to be coming just no ETA? Speaking of droids, have any of you spent time gearing up the ship droid, if so what stats do u give him?

The ship droid primary stat is Aim and yes, you can set him up with gear if you so choose... there are moddable ship parts that show up as "Green" in our Cybertech crafting list, but function exactly as orange mods would on a droid (Core, Parts, Sensor, Motor). For a cybertech to gear out their ship droid for healing purposes really is quite trivial if you can stomach him... the full stack of green moddable parts plus all the +aim armorings and mods you can stuff down his gullet!

That said, at the Guild Summit, they alluded to a few things coming for ship droids... a) craft-bonus specific attachments for your ship droid to boost his crafting ability b) working affection (Luxury) for the ship droid c) the rumor that the Assassin droid will surface at some point TBD in the future (no ETA) and most importantly d) a voice restraining bolt for the dude... WOOT.

^ very true about the serenity relay, one of the first earpieces I got and they sell very well. Personally one of my better selling earpieces actually, the mastercrafts for these almost never come back

End game oper gear was stacked too heavily by the devs with alacrity, so most opers want no more extra, so in many cases, the mastercraft Expert Serenity Relay is probably BiS for a while.

Edited by scootle

Good guide. One comment:

Based on what I've learned, Alacrity is not very favorable for Cunning (Operative) healers end-game. Instead, they typically advise stacking Power/Surge. Thus, I'd recommend that the preferred setup for their earpiece should be:

Yes... I am the Craftamancer from the Darth Hater Forums. I decided to keep my main post here, and link to it, rather than trying to update both posts all the time.

My initial list mentioned all the earpieces I could make and sell, rather than the ones that were necessarily ideal. This was mainly because I had no personal experience with many of the end game classes, aside from what I could glean from their talent trees, and previous MMO experience.

I've heard the same complaints from our own Operative healer who has a strong dislike for the amount of alacrity on his Rakata gear. I was very specific in my original post that a good understanding of what stats are beneficial to each class is key to selling earpieces, and that's a great example of why. In fact, there are still one or two patterns I am researching in order to be able to offer variety. For example, Fervor and Endowment may very well change in relative value, even for the same advanced class and spec, depending on the other gear the player is using.

By no means did I intend for the list of the earpieces I can make to be the "best in slot" list. It was merely an example of those I considered sell worthy at the time. We may very well see gear and stat changes that change the effectiveness of those stats. Maintaing a good current knowledge of what people want is half the battle in selling your wares.