I don't get it when dudes play as Twi'leks in MMOs...

Amelyssan

Why?

Sure the view of the back is nicer, but how can you relate?

Why does your thread sounds similar to: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=623810

It's the exact same text, just one different word.

Read that thread why not everybody relates to their characters as you do. The answer is there. People do not do things for the same reasons. If you don't get that, that's fine.

Move along, this is a not the thread you're looking for....

but how can you relate?

Excellent question.

They should let us play Jawas instead. I could totally relate. I like technology and wearing hoods all the time.

Why does your thread sounds similar to: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=623810

It's the exact same text, just one different word.

It's probably coincidence.

Edited by Pscyon

Some prefer watching a woman, some prefer watching a man,

this game allows you to watch either gender as a character.

Feel free to watch men if you want, no need for anyone to

understand that, your preference, whatever it is, is fine.

There's also the voice acting.

This is coincidence?

The other thread starts like this:

Why?

That is EXACTLY the same text, just the title is different.

Edited by Tsillah

The picture. ^This^ guy doesn't have it.

To answer your question, you entertainer of a thread starter you...

I made a female Twi'Lek. See? Double negative, cancels itself out. And the view is still key.

This is coincidence?

The other thread starts like this:

Why?

That is EXACTLY the same text, just the title is different.

..it's called "trolling the troll".

..Get it now?

I see what you mean. Yet another uninspired pointless thread then. Thanks for explaining that to me. I suppose someone thinks this is funny or something.

Yes, those of us that have seen that same thread pop up on mmo forums for decades now and who have developed a sense of humour over the years find this kind of thread at least slightly amusing.

Because there are male twi'leks and I am a male? Your post didn't specify gender and hence is dumb.

You have Lekku popping out of your skull in real life? No? Then how can you identify? Impossibu!

Just as with that other troll thread, the one this thread is a purely coincidal parody of, not everybody identifies the same with his/her character. Many people don't identify with their character at all. That's not a bad thing, people are just different. I figure someone who's still answering the questions of the clown on the Learning Channel identifies a lot more personal with his or her character than someone who never answered the clown, and simply regarded it as a dumb fake in a box.

Yes, those of us that have seen that same thread pop up on mmo forums for decades now and who have developed a sense of humour over the years find this kind of thread at least slightly amusing.

Apparently, must be a wow thing. Luckily humour is subjective or I might think you were trying to insult me ^^

Excellent question.

They should let us play Jawas instead. I could totally relate. I like technology and wearing hoods all the time.

I would love to be a PC Jawa. As long as my character spoke in Jawanese (??) all the time.

I see what you mean. Yet another uninspired pointless thread then. Thanks for explaining that to me. I suppose someone thinks this is funny or something.

It's actually not pointless. The biggest problem with troll threads is they sometimes get too much attention, and it starts to look like an actual issue to the community. Clearly, men playing female toons is not an issue--someone was just trying to stir the pot. Trolling the troll is like stirring the pot in the opposite direction--it uses humor to negate the false importance created by the original troll thread.

Is that clearer? These are some advanced trolling tactics, but try to follow along and you'll eventually catch on.

It's actually not pointless. The biggest problem with troll threads is they sometimes get too much attention, and it starts to look like an actual issue to the community. Clearly, men playing female toons is not an issue--someone was just trying to stir the pot. Trolling the troll is like stirring the pot in the opposite direction--it uses humor to negate the false importance created by the original troll thread.

Is that clearer? These are some advanced trolling tactics, but try to follow along and you'll eventually catch on.

well, I get how it works, but I think it seems pointless to me because it doesn't affect me in that way. But I see your point and that it might affect most people, thereby giving it meaning. I will certainly admit that I consider myself a bit of an eccentric and not representative of what is considered "normal" :)