BIOWARE, this is why u cant put things in world pvp zones, the carebears cry

respwn

Its amazing how many people don't understand the meaning of PVP

It's also amazing that the majority of "world PvP" is people killing defenseless people, or preoccupied people.

It's also amazing that most "hardcore" PvPers consider killing defenseless people "real PvP".

I like my opponents to have an equal footing so that when I beat you, you know it is because I am better than you.

I don't know the particulars of what this thread is about, but I am pretty certain my post is accurate to the situation without even knowing it.

It's also amazing that the majority of "world PvP" is people killing defenseless people, or preoccupied people.

It's also amazing that most "hardcore" PvPers consider killing defenseless people "real PvP".

I like my opponents to have an equal footing so that when I beat you, you know it is because I am better than you.

I don't know the particulars of what this thread is about, but I am pretty certain my post is accurate to the situation without even knowing it.

Sorry but I dont inspect every player before I am about to attack them, I'm not even talking about open world pvp, if you are in a pvp zone (A ZONE DEDICATED TO PVP) the assumption is that you understand the risks that come with it. If you are under geared or have no interest in PVPing then you should not be in the zone, period.

I'm not gona ask every person if its ok that I attack them before i do (thats called dueling), its called the element of surprise and some classes are completely built around it. He had a saber or a gun, he was flagged, he was not defenseless. Undergeared and underskilled? Ya, most likely, but that's not exactly my fault.

Edited by respwn

I noticed this alot doing the seekers and macrobinoculars. People flag in the PvP zone but then move to the next area of the quest while still flagged.

Since there are now PvP achievements for open world, I'll attack any flagged enemy I see. I never, ever, ever used to do this because I really don't want to ruin anyone fun.

But now the game tracks my kills...so ITS ON! I killed maybe 4-6 solo players in the open world quest areas. I don't think even one of them responded before they were at half health. Its such a slaughter that I felt bad each and every time.

BUT you can just respawn and come back in, un-flagged. Not really a huge deal to lose 5 mins of your time.

And as far as the gree PvP area....I used to feel that Imps shouldn't attack Imps and Pubs shouldn't attack pubs. But then I sat and thought. Why don't those players simply not enter the PvP area.

If you are in an open pvp zone then u are in a pvp zone, its that simple. if you dont wana fight, dont come here.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3044/screenshot2013042916381.jpg

What is it about this game that attracts the most over-sensitive babies? I don't remember people being this beta when I played WoW...is it the Starwars franchise that attracts the sheltered nerd types? This is why I enjoy League of Legends so much, it's expected that most people you play with are complete ******es. I like it better that way...no worries about someone choking on their own tears.

Edited by DesmoLegacy

What is it about this game that attracts the most over-sensitive babies? I don't remember people being this beta when I played WoW...is it the Starwars franchise that attracts the sheltered nerd types? This is why I enjoy League of Legends so much, it's expected that most people you play with are complete ******es. I like it better that way...no worries about someone choking on their own tears.

It's not the franchise as I never experienced this in SWG. My idea is that because The Harbinger is a PvE it is expected that PvP, particularly open-world where most people are attempting to quest without being interrupted, isn't serious or should take a backseat to the PvE content. Yes it's silly for people to expect that, but I can't think of any other explanation than they just wanted to whine/take out aggression on somebody.

League of Legends is Hello Kitty Island Adventure compared to the sociopaths on DotA 2.

Also if that guy was talking about the macrobinocular GSI daily you dont actually have to go into outlaws den to complete the quest.

Yes you do, it's a simple spot but with outlaws den and most of the zones that are Open are completely empty on most days.

What I do with PvP when I see my flag is still up from exitting due to having to enter a zone, no issue going Overt, but when I take a look at someone trying to do something. I look at it as they are busy, if they want a fight let them come, but do it when I'M NOT BUSY as I did for all of you, hell, fought a droid on gree event 10 times, getting killed each time when being that close to ending it and getting out of there, pushed me over the limit of restraint. I mean, I enjoy a good PvP match every now and then, especially when it's without the expertise, but stressing someone out that much is uncalled for, in my experience that is. Find more think of it as a laugh or fun, think again, PvP in this game is a joke, if you have to use the expertise everytime to do something, in my opinion that is.

Edited by trigstar

A note to the original poster:

What was not appreciated about your senseless and constant attacks is that you were assisting Imps in killing your own faction and doing so on the non pvp geared folks. I stood there waiting for you, even called you out. You instead avoided me and went after the easy marks that were questing. The Eh-Team showed no honor at all in the situation by assisting Imps. Open world PvP, I'm all for it. In fact I was there chasing an imp through 3 instances. Your free to justify your actions in any way that you want but I am quite sure that even us hardcore PvP'ers find no glory in defeating defenseless members of our own faction.

Oh believe me, they are in WoW too. You should see all the crying during the Midsummer Fire festival and the Pilgrim's Bounty event because they require you to go into cross faction areas for the achievements.

A note to the original poster:

What was not appreciated about your senseless and constant attacks is that you were assisting Imps in killing your own faction and doing so on the non pvp geared folks. I stood there waiting for you, even called you out. You instead avoided me and went after the easy marks that were questing. The Eh-Team showed no honor at all in the situation by assisting Imps. Open world PvP, I'm all for it. In fact I was there chasing an imp through 3 instances. Your free to justify your actions in any way that you want but I am quite sure that even us hardcore PvP'ers find no glory in defeating defenseless members of our own faction.

Um there were not senseless, u get achievements now for world kills and outlaw's den kills. I was also killing everyone equally and got killed many times as well. Just because some Reps died before some imps did doesnt mean a thing other than tactics. Also I do not own a single pcs of PVP gear, let me reiterate, I do not own any pvp gear at all. Inspect me and you'll see my valor is rank 10. Also, I'm a commando which is one of the weaker classes for PVP anyhow. It was all in good fun to kill people before they found the treasure. Its a pvp zone, ur supposed to do that.

I have no idea who you are and if you called me out I didnt see it, I wish I would have, it would have been more fun.

Bottom line, Bioware is encouraging pvp by putting objectives in pvp zones. They want you to attack people and I wasn't attacking ppl with macrobinocular quests I was attacking people with seeker droids. Not sure if you are aware but there is only one real "treasure" in such a zone, so if u dont kill other players they may find it before you which is why you want to kill them, no one likes waiting 2 hours for the treasure to respawn. It makes sense to kill people in a pvp zone. In a warzone u have objectives, what do you think the objective is in a world pvp zone? There is no point to capture, so it must be to own the zone or kill others before they find the treasure. Which is what i was doing. Remember, I was dieing too, we died several times and had to run back in. We even died to people in pvp gear, we went back in and tried again and we killed some of them.

I'm glad we had this talk, I think we can both walk away from this a little more educated.

Edited by respwn

• 2 weeks later...
Killed that guy the other night in open world pvp when he was using his seeker droid to search for stuff. The guy is just a hater and a very sore loser.[/QUO

............Everyone, mostly, is missing the point....cross faction PVP should never take place or be allowed in open world areas....when the game was first released people were enjoying open world PVP on Illum, but since the other faction would get rolled you could never get your kills in those areas or for the quest. Soooo....Bioware took a ***** move by allowing same factions to kill each other in those areas...only to shut up the those select players.

Killed that guy the other night in open world pvp when he was using his seeker droid to search for stuff. The guy is just a hater and a very sore loser.[/QUO

............Everyone, mostly, is missing the point....cross faction PVP should never take place or be allowed in open world areas....when the game was first released people were enjoying open world PVP on Illum, but since the other faction would get rolled you could never get your kills in those areas or for the quest. Soooo....Bioware took a ***** move by allowing same factions to kill each other in those areas...only to shut up the those select players.

If you are red you're dead. Especially on our server where pvp is a choice. There is no need to be in a pvp zone. Don't go there if you don't want to be "killed". Btw you don't die in real life. Same faction pvp happens all the time in WZ... Pvp lakes are just warzones that are not instanced. Even if you cannot get over your "got to have it" mentality there are plenty of opportunities to get in and out of a pvp zone without getting killed and in most cases the game provides alternative ways of getting what you need out side of the pvp areas...

Edited by Choffware

............Everyone, mostly, is missing the point....same faction PVP should take place or be allowed in open world areas....when the game was first released people were enjoying open world PVP on Illum, but since we lost 90% of our subscriber base there's no one left to pvp. Soooo....Bioware took a same move every other game is doing by allowing same factions to kill each other in those areas...only to give a tiny, tiny tiny area on one planet to those players who want to pvp. Why pve players can't avoid that area is beyond me

Fixed.

I disagree with you Palerydr. Just because you don't agree with how the game was created doesn't mean everyone should be inherently playing by any one person's rules.

I can't stress this enough, Bioware gave PvPers a tiny tiny enclosed area on a remote planet and said "In here...go nuts. We'll even give you achievements for it." Next thing you know you have a bunch of PvEers wandering into this area like "Hey screw those warning signs they posted outside, they don't pertain to me as I am a PVEer and although I am in a PvP zone because I am a PVEer the rules do not apply to me. No one will attack me because they should just know that I do not PvP and I'm sure they will ask permission to attack me before initiating said PvP thus I will be able to specify that I do not PvP and hence they should look elsewhere for a fight "

This is the type of thinking I have seen from players in that zone and in my opinion its just plain wrong. If you disagree please enlighten me not just with your opinion but with how you came to that conclusion.

Thank you.

Edited by respwn

/cough*......its called a PVP server if you truly feel like doing open world pvp and still for Bioware to get lazy is an issue for anyone who is a Sub. for this game.....just heading down hill from patch 1.4...sad day in the galaxy.

Ganking is good ganking is fun, one shotting is good one shotting is fun. Don't ever apologize for destroying some one that is enemy status. If Anakin can one shot everyone at the Jedi temple you can one shot anyone who is red and runs across you!