Tracer Missile animation change.

Kaedusz

Hey Op,

I've been playing a arsenal merc since early access. I agree that the fireball/hole in the ground was/is pretty cool. I hope I can maybe shine some light on this topic for you, through my own point of view. I would imagine a "tracer missile" would be significantly smaller than a normal missile. To me it makes sense for tracer missile to be a smaller missile because its purpose is to leave a heat signature. I think a great compromise would be to give heatseeker missile the current fusion missile animation, since after all heatseeker missile is our hardest hitting missile attack. Plus it would give variety to our character attack stance more often than just a raise of the arm.

Just my thoughts on the topic and I hope it may have changed yours a bit.

Hey Op,

I've been playing a arsenal merc since early access. I agree that the fireball/hole in the ground was/is pretty cool. I hope I can maybe shine some light on this topic for you, through my own point of view. I would imagine a "tracer missile" would be significantly smaller than a normal missile. To me it makes sense for tracer missile to be a smaller missile because its purpose is to leave a heat signature. I think a great compromise would be to give heatseeker missile the current fusion missile animation, since after all heatseeker missile is our hardest hitting missile attack. Plus it would give variety to our character attack stance more often than just a raise of the arm.

Just my thoughts on the topic and I hope it may have changed yours a bit.

Heatseeker Missile is probably my favorite animation in the game, I would personally hate the change you propose here. Wouldn't it look weird to have a jetpack-fired missile be instant cast? Just wouldn't look right. I'm just disappointed that the big explosion of flame on impact from Fusion Missile was lost when the animation was switched with Tracer Missile.

Heatseeker Missile is probably my favorite animation in the game, I would personally hate the change you propose here. Wouldn't it look weird to have a jetpack-fired missile be instant cast? Just wouldn't look right. I'm just disappointed that the big explosion of flame on impact from Fusion Missile was lost when the animation was switched with Tracer Missile.

I can see your point of view on my proposed change, but I don't think switching tracer missile back to its original animation is a great idea either. If all else add the sound,explosion, and crater back to it.

Also, i feel i have to remind everyone again that the people that wanted this change were a minority but a very vocal one.Most people i ask in the game don't really care and those that want the old animation back are more than those that are fully happy with the change.

Oh no they were not. You don't get to rewrite history to suit your perception just because this happened a year ago. That animation was out of place. The community CELEBRATED when the animation was swapped. You actually have the minority opinion. If you did any pvp when it was worth pvp'ing with a merc than you would understand what people are saying about it making you a target. It did. The animation now is more fluid. It flies off the wrist.

I can see your point of view on my proposed change, but I don't think switching tracer missile back to its original animation is a great idea either. If all else add the sound,explosion, and crater back to it.

Oh yeah, most definatley. I was never saying that Tracer Missile should be changed back to its old animation, just that I miss the explosion of flame when Fusion Missile was switched.

Edited by mandoforlife

Ok at least you have to agree that the current Tracer Missile needs some more noticable sound.This click,click,click,click is not good.Some sound that really shows that a missile is being launched.Even something closer to Missile Blast ,but not the same,would be good.

Also my Fussion Missile sound is bugged,it only pops in warzones,and outside of them there isn't any sound when it takes off.Anyone else have the same problem?

Edited by Kaedusz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...