schematics from crew skills, bit lost

GameVyse

From what I've seen so far, the main source of schematics is reverse engineering items, you can reverse engineer any items you make, get some mats back and sometimes get a schematic (Seemingly half the mats back it cost you to make).

Outside of this I have read tha investigation gives schematics for all skills but I cant comment on this personally.

From what I've seen so far, the main source of schematics is reverse engineering items, you can reverse engineer any items you make, get some mats back and sometimes get a schematic (Seemingly half the mats back it cost you to make).

Outside of this I have read tha investigation gives schematics for all skills but I cant comment on this personally.

that not a schematic, that a better schematic of the item you RE.

After my work in beta and research there after I can provide this insight.

This sight has a very good layout as well as 2 very good diagrams near the end

http://www.starwarsmmolevelingguide.com/crafting-guide/

Basically its like this

Armor Tech - uses scavenging and underworld trading

Arms Tech - uses scavenging and investigation

Bio Chem - Bio analysis and diplomacy

Cybertech - scavenging and underworld trading

Synthweav - Archaeology and under world trading

Artiface - archaeology and treasure hunting

the first skill listed is the common gathering skill used to make the Green quality stuff. The 2nd skill listed is them mission skill, these are used to gather blue and purple quality materials for better quality gear. (orange moddible fits in there as well with blue or purple quality materials)

Armor tech makes armor for agents and bounty hunters

arms tech makes weps for above group

synthweaving and artifice are the same for force users

On little mentioned thing, even if you are a tank spec force user, you will get heavy armor from synthweaving, not armor tech. Bascially you will get willpower instead of AIM on the armor tech armor, which will help you on your force power damage slightly.

The 1 skill left out in the dark is slicing

slicing is used to get schematics for ALL crafting skills as well as fun credit boxes.

Investigation will also provide rare schematics for all crafting skills, so that a perk

From what i have seen of the mission skills you get rare crafting materials plus one bonus other fun thing

diplomacy - darkside/lightside points

Treasure hunting - credit boxes

underworld trading - companion gifts

Slicing - rare schematics and credit boxes

any and all help on this crash course in crew skills is appreciated

if you want blue and purple quality patterns you have to reverse engineer the items you craft. You have a random chance of getting a higher quality version schematic of the item you just destroyed.

**gathering skills are considerably cheaper and easier to level than mission skills, especially scavenging, because you can go out in the world and farm these rather that relying on the money eating missions. Scavenging as i noted before is insanely easy to level at early stages, especially on coresaunt because there are soo many robots to "Skin" and nodes scattered around. Artifice had a decent amount of nodes, but not nearly as many as scavenging, this might have changed from beta, but it was the case during the last beta build.

*** as long as you keep questing you will be fine for credits, however once you hit abotu 18ish when you pick up your ship and 2nd companion, crew skills with DRAIN your credits reserves quickly, i actually crafted my self poor and couldn't buy my skills or fly to the next area ><. just watch your creds and keep at least 2k sitting around for an emergency.

****There are many blue patterns that can proc from a single green item, some may have for example extra crit, others may have alicriticy, so if you dont like the one you got keep REing!

hopefully this answers any questions you have. PM me if you have any more, im sitting at work with nothing to do anyway ><

Edited by Thalazan
stupid hyperlinks!