mercs please stop queueing as healers

There's a first-time setting in the group finder that automatically sets mercs and similar classes to have dps and healer checked, so maybe some of these cases are where people didn't notice they were queued as healer.

At which point they should notice they are listed as the healer in the group and either offer to respec if they can or leave the group so a healer can join. Most are not doing that at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Its normal in SM FPs to que in two roles, even if your gear does not necessary fit into the role. I used to tank on my pyro tech just by switching to ion charge and putting a shield on. However, if I see a merc as healer that does not have healing cylinder on, I will 100% kick before we even start.

At HM, if you are not fully specked into your role, do not even try.

It happens quite a bit and you can tell it's a DPS queueing as a healer and not actual heals because they have none of the actual main healing abilities that that a Bodyguard or Combat Medic spec would have. They just throw out a few small heals and hope they can DPS bosses down before everyone dies.

Happened in an Esseles run and Taral V while I was tanking on my Shadow.

Nobody is a healer at level 10.

They are probably doing it by mistake, the group finder defaults to selecting both roles for you.

I had this happen to me and it seems more possible if you change machines or reinstall (ie stored in pref files in user folders). It happened once by not knowing, but even with being careful it has still happened again.

off topic but related

About Merc healers. They are combat medics. They need to add damage while also healing. I do not play one because switching cyclinders and targeting both enemies and friends is not my cup of tea in a fast fight. But a good DPS merc should still have their aoe heal fart (thats what it looks like) hit the close in folks on top of the boss or them and healer standing back. A healer Merc can like wise add the AOE death from above and instant missiles (should not try set up 3-5 step rotation). I know yall can quote exceptions, but in short Commando/Merc healers do play different not good or bad just different. And it does make for some very sub par players.

I had this happen to me and it seems more possible if you change machines or reinstall (ie stored in pref files in user folders). It happened once by not knowing, but even with being careful it has still happened again.

off topic but related

About Merc healers. They are combat medics. They need to add damage while also healing. I do not play one because switching cyclinders and targeting both enemies and friends is not my cup of tea in a fast fight. But a good DPS merc should still have their aoe heal fart (thats what it looks like) hit the close in folks on top of the boss or them and healer standing back. A healer Merc can like wise add the AOE death from above and instant missiles (should not try set up 3-5 step rotation). I know yall can quote exceptions, but in short Commando/Merc healers do play different not good or bad just different. And it does make for some very sub par players.

As a merc healer/dps (i alternate between two, healer in fps) Mercs do have a few very hard hitting attacks such as unload, explosive dart, rail shot, and DFA. I tend to stay on top of healing especially if I have a tank who loses aggro and enemies go after dps (healers worst nightmare, right?), but in some trash mobs or on some bosses, I throw in some of my stronger attacks occasionally. In fact, when pushing foes off of cliffs, you got to admit the merc knockback does the job perfectly. So if theyre not healing, by all means tell them, but the sign of a great merc is one who can manage things enough to send a few pot shots the way of the enemies.

I swear every flashpoint I get into with any of my characters has at least one merc and not one single time have I seen a merc cast a heal on anyone but themselves..

:rolleyes: Literally nobody believes this, you are a liar. No person, merc or not, would queue as heals without the intent of healing. The flashpoint would be over before it began.

Also, you will appreciate my merc off healing once i pop two instant heals on you, because you have to stand in range of the stun from hard mode hammer station's bonus boss. Or when any smart merc rains kolto missle on the stack because its the right thing to do. Not to mention the damage we can do as healers.

Merc pride, world wide.

Edited by Cursedii