Snipers seem ridiculously broken compared to when I last played this game.

Raansu

first of, you are losing at ranked because your utilitys on sin are not as follows.

skill full: either overloadroot or decreased cd on electrocute, and lowered cd on force speed and stun break

master full: decreased stealth timer, and a flip between 50% speed on balllightning every 9 seconds or a continuous 15% movement increase. (I choose the 15%, it comes with added stlth and I like a more reliable gameplay)

heroic: force speed purges movement , shroud of madness and insta whirl

finally legendary: force speed grants 60% dmg reduction for the duration.

if you dont use these maybe that is why you are losing.

as for tactics, imp enet can be shrouded, but your best bet is to use overcharge saber and fight near los for the inc net. as for your inability to escape on a regular basis, I will only advise to keep working at it. the more you do it the more tactics and counters you learn to pull. like LOSing the sniper just before invis, or whirlwinding the inc stlth scan

lol I never said i was loosing at ranked I don't play ranked cause its a waste of time!

For the record though:

I take

avoidance, Oppressing force, Electric bindings

Speed Surge

Shroud of madness, Emersion

Reapers rush and phasing phantasm

Wrong on Enet the dot can be shrouded the prevention of using your abilities still persists you cannot cloak!

Dude if you cloak out as a sin I will pop you out of stealth 9 times out 10 with lacerate. Very rarely does it NOT hit! Going up against a jug with brains the second i cloak if they hit mad dash i'm exposed its an AOE melee it works just like lacerate has nothing to do with tactics just the dang abilities. AOE melee will expose you shroud doesn't prevent this.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am without words after listening to you try to argue nerfs and buffs. I need a) a drink, and b) need to stop posting before I start becoming a bad sin.

and why... why. does everyone think losing is spelled loosing?

losing adjective

los·​ing | \ˈlü-ziŋ \

Definition of losing

1 : resulting in or likely to result in defeat

a losing battle

a losing poker hand

2 : marked by many losses or more losses than wins

a losing streak

a losing record

Edited by Seterade

sadly, the people from countries where english is not their native language make more sense than you. They also at least have an excuse for incomprehensible syntax errors. What makes your time any more valuable than any elses' exactly.

this is pure entertainment for me. Also, i'm a registered republican so think again on the liberal thing buddy.

Funny you implement Progressive Liberal tactics like a pro! Can't debate on issues assassinate character right out of rules for radicals!

Again your the only one with comprehension issues the rest seem to be doing just fine.

I am without words after listening to you try to argue nerfs and buffs. I need a) a drink, and b) need to stop posting before I start becoming a bad sin.

Really because I happen to disagree with a few utilities that makes me a bad sin, usually top in DPS for sins and objectives unless dot spec present but what ever mate

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

and why... why. does everyone think losing is spelled loosing?

losing adjective

los·​ing | \ˈlü-ziŋ \

Definition of losing

1 : resulting in or likely to result in defeat

a losing battle

a losing poker hand

2 : marked by many losses or more losses than wins

a losing streak

a losing record

I mean i think he could afford to loosen up a little. :rolleyes:

Its kazz we're talking about here. Comprehandable (much less gramatically correct) syntax takes far too much of his valuable time, apparently.

Ps- i didn't run this by my peer reviewer.

Edited by KendraP

I mean i think he could afford to loosen up a little. :rolleyes:

Its kazz we're talking about here. Comprehandable (much less gramatically correct) syntax takes far too much of his valuable time, apparently.

Ps- i didn't run this by my peer reviewer.

its called a TYPO for the galactic-ally effin stupid for those that like too throw stones

sadly, the people from countries where english is not their native language make more sense than you. They also at least have an excuse for incomprehensible syntax errors. What makes your time any more valuable than any elses' exactly.

this is pure entertainment for me. Also, i'm a registered republican so think again on the liberal thing buddy.

3 spelling errors

1 grammar error

English should be capitalized

Should be Else's' not elses'

i'm should be I'm

buddy.[ should be buddy. [

Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

https://www.ragan.com/cut-it-out-grammar-usage-syntax-are-not-the-same-2/

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

I outdps'd kazz by mistake on my vigilance jugg while playing objectives and he never forgot (from his apparent distaste of juggs). :o to be fair he came in second which isnt so bad for a non dots class

I never understood why he hates them so fiercely. That was like back before any of the jugg issues were fixed and nobody played them.

Edited by RACATW

I outdps'd kazz by mistake on my vigilance jugg while playing objectives and he never forgot (from his apparent distaste of juggs). :o to be fair he came in second which isnt so bad for a non dots class

I never understood why he hates them so fiercely. That was like back before any of the jugg issues were fixed and nobody played them.

So you can out DPS a vengeance or Rage jug on your Deception sin every time you get in a match. Wow mate your a better man than me.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

?????

The idea is, as a vigi guardian, we can dot spread to multiple targets, and thus wind up with greater damage than a burst class with a similar time on target or in combat. This is in addition to the obvious greater dps potential because vigi is at DoT spec.

He is insulting your intelligence not your ability, in case you were confused.

Edited by KendraP

The idea is, as a vigi guardian, we can dot spread to multiple targets, and thus wind up with greater damage than a burst class with a similar time on target or in combat. This is in addition to the obvious greater dps potential because vigi is at DoT spec.

He is insulting your intelligence not your ability, in case you were confused.

Dot specs vs single target focus is apples to oranges not sure why subject was even brought up.

Dot specs vs single target focus is apples to oranges not sure why subject was even brought up.

Thread originally about snipers --> you jump in with your usual hatred of juggies --> seterade attempts to explain the same points to you i have been posting to you over the last 6 months or so --> racatw posts his experience with you in a warzone and (being far nice than i would have) points out you performed reasonably

I thus assumed racatw was posting not to insult your ability to play the game or your class, but to add a snark on your inability to comprehend seterade's points. I.e. he was questioning your intelligence not your ability.

My questioning of your intelligence began in the thread where you went off on geosynchronous orbits (that you obviously did not understand) and bilateral vectors (which is complete nonsense). You were inflating your vocabulary in an obvious attempt to sound smart and, by extension, to be taken seriously.

As a review, if you do not remember, a geosynchronous orbit is one in which the orbital period matches the earth's rotation (resulting, of course, in that object appearing to return to the same point relative to the earth's surface). This orbit is at an altitude of 22236 miles above earth's surface.

And again, a vector is a quantity that, by definition, contains both a magnitude and direction (velocity being a common example as it has both a magnitude (speed) and a direction).

If you need more assistance in following a chain of events i will be back this afternoon.

Edited by KendraP

well, the original design of force shroud is to resist all tech, and the enet counts... but pub enet is bugged. it nets through resist. this includes con op roll and force shroud.... but not sorc bubble. i wondwer why

I think it is because the barrier isn't a "resist" but "immune" (like attempting to stun on full resolve). Makes me wonder if it means sniper roll-root would work on barrier...

Tank spec is even worse than the DPS specs! I've seen immortals out DPS Pure DPS specs.

What in the world are you talking about? Point for point this is in no way feasible. Immortal spec has significantly lower output than pure dps specs. The only way you're seeing an immortal jugg out dpsing a pure dps class is if that player is straight up bad.

What in the world are you talking about? Point for point this is in no way feasible. Immortal spec has significantly lower output than pure dps specs. The only way you're seeing an immortal jugg out dpsing a pure dps class is if that player is straight up bad.

actually the key here is he didnt specify skank tank. he just said "immortal". a good skank, like janglor can pull 6k easy (and its not fluff, we are talking 15k aoe crushing blow, equal to a dps death field) but a tank can barely pull 3k. a good dps in regs or arena pulls 3.5k-4k. this is supposing he wins, has guard and hls, gear, and isnt overly tunneled. an above average dps pulls 4k-5k dps. again, same supposes. and if you are dot you should be pulling 4.5k to 7k depending on the supposed conditions and skill level. note that these dmg values are about equal to a good skank.

actually the key here is he didnt specify skank tank. he just said "immortal". a good skank, like janglor can pull 6k easy (and its not fluff, we are talking 15k aoe crushing blow, equal to a dps death field) but a tank can barely pull 3k. a good dps in regs or arena pulls 3.5k-4k. this is supposing he wins, has guard and hls, gear, and isnt overly tunneled. an above average dps pulls 4k-5k dps. again, same supposes. and if you are dot you should be pulling 4.5k to 7k depending on the supposed conditions and skill level. note that these dmg values are about equal to a good skank.

15k isn't a lot in todays health pools, and lets be real here, death field is gimped and should be doing way more damage. I remember back in the day when it was getting crits equal to the burst specs.

This is only true if they both have the option of attacking equally squishy targets. If the dps has to attack a skank their dps immediately goes down or if they have to tunnel thru guard.

Aside from That, I agree.

Edited by RACATW

This is only true if they both have the option of attacking equally squishy targets. If the dps has to attack a skank their dps immediately goes down or if they have to tunnel thru guard.

Aside from That, I agree.

Guarantee my dps would still be higher.

Guarantee my dps would still be higher.

How many good skanks have you played against on equal footing?

I never met a dps I couldn't shut down while skanking. Even dot specs find it hard since once a skank is on them the amount of pressure, stuns and roots result in their death; while the skank survives. Meaning the skank has stable dps and the dead player doesnt, the only type of dot spec which wouldn't have an unbearable amount of trouble is anni mara but only one good player ever uses that spec on my server.

Further attacking the skank directly will mean you have to deal with the constant DR, defense and shield rating. Then their dcds. Which results in your dps when directly dealt against them decreasing by at least 25% on average. With 33% to 40 being more likely.

I once kept a mando stunned rooted slowed and soft stunned for the lulz (taunting when he got out) just to see how badly I could affect his dps. Normally he averaged about 6-8k. It dropped to 3.5k. I admit, it was entertaining. Unfortunately he stopped queueing into regs.

I'm sure you're correct though, not many good skanks actually dust their toons off anymore. It got boring and broken a long time ago for me.

Edited by RACATW