Maintenance is destroying my guild!

PseudoScience

I am apart of a guild that is APAC and it seems we need to become f###### fortune tellers or astrologists to predict when you guys are going to do maintenance in our time slot. Take a look into the crystal ball and you'll see my guild has only been able to run on Wednesday once in the past month. We even tried a Friday run last week because you guys chose Wednesday AGAIN!!! And surprise surf######prise Friday was a maintenance as well!

Is there something in the water over at Bioware?

What chromosome is missing from your employees?

Are you a bunch of IT nerds that lack basic communication skills and shudder at the thought of human interaction?

Do you even know who the President of the US is?

I'm beginning to wonder.

Inform your customers so we can make contingency plans!!! That would be a great first step and secondly how about sticking to your regular maintenance time frames instead of continuing to run this ad hoc circus you guys have going on at Bioware.

I also suggest taking classes in MMO Management 101, Communication 101 and taking some customer relationship management courses wouldn't hurt either.

Is Wednesday your new maintenance time? If so, LET US KNOW! And stop f###### us around.

Peace.

well, they did go on record to commt that they would give more notice for scheduled maintenance. as I see that the word has been omitted form today's notice and it's supposed to be a short (under 2 hours) window as promised, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for today's session

well, they did go on record to commt that they would give more notice for scheduled maintenance. as I see that the word has been omitted form today's notice and it's supposed to be a short (under 2 hours) window as promised, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for today's session

I don't care if it's just two hours. It's right in the middle of our three hour raid time screwing us out of a night. And then they will probably break something during the patch and screw us out of tomorrow night as well to fix that.

I don't care if it's just two hours. It's right in the middle of our three hour raid time screwing us out of a night. And then they will probably break something during the patch and screw us out of tomorrow night as well to fix that.

Exactly!!

If it was 3 hours before or after this time it would be no issue at all.

well, to be fair, there are also people who raid 3 hours before or after you. i'm not saying that it doesn't affect you or that it should affect you more or less or anything like that.

just stating that it's a little unfair to say that its fine +/- 3 hours just because it doesn't affect you at that time.

unnscheduled downtime is bad. period.

well, to be fair, there are also people who raid 3 hours before or after you. i'm not saying that it doesn't affect you or that it should affect you more or less or anything like that.

just stating that it's a little unfair to say that its fine +/- 3 hours just because it doesn't affect you at that time.

unnscheduled downtime is bad. period.

The problem is this has been going on for the last couple of months. I can accept the scheduled downtime and the occasional unscheduled downtime but to have ongoing maintenance on the fly is just too chaotic to operate a guild under.

yup, i understand that sentiment completely. my raid teams are affected by this as well. like i said, there was a commitment that they would give more notice on scheduled maintenance being moved. i'm willing to accept this last interruption since there is a percentage of the population affected by the "return to character select" issue. hopefully it'll be no more then half an hour as has happened on previous quick-fix patches....

Agreed,

Wed maintenance is a problem for APAC customers at the current "regular" time slot. This is also exasperated by being the first evening for us to conduct Ops right after the reset.

Put maintenance back on Tuesday nights when everyone is just waiting for the reset.

If it was a rarity i wouldnt be too concerned, but 8 pm sydney time on a wednesday, the first reasonable time of a new raid week for apac players must be the busiest raid day/time apac has.

My biggest question though is this, if there was no maintenance yesterday, im gonna assume that the bug or whatever thy are fixing isn't a new one, Probably cropped up last Wednesday when they did maintenance. Which means they had probably 4-5 days to fix this problem and run maintenance yesterday, but instead of chucking in a few extra hrs of over time to get it done by then they just pushed maintenance back a day.

It's the tight *** nature of this entire affair that really annoys me, when something is broken in the Cartel market, they have it fixed in an hr because it affects them, when its something that affects us it takes them a week to figure it out and screws us around even more because they dont care enough to push for a deadline on the fix. They Should be kicking asses and getting their **** together for a tuesday maintenance instead of pushing it back because itll save them a few bucks.

The other thing to look at is weekly reset is at 10 pm Sydney time on Tuesday night I'm not waiting up to progress my daily or weekly so its done for com's that i'll miss on Wednesday night which by the time a 2 hour down time should finish. So i'll not wait up on the Wednesday night either so that's elite com's gone so there for no progress to get into other OP's

end rant

Europes com can only dream of maintanance during nighttime, BW slapps us with daytime downtimes all the way though it should not be too difficult to have some hours delay bewtween the servers, least between American,Asia and Europe. Edited by Woebearer

Europes com can only dream of maintanance during nighttime, BW slapps us with daytime downtimes all the way though it should not be too difficult to have some hours delay bewtween the servers, least between American,Asia and Europe.

Well, considering they just consolidated all the APAC servers into American servers, that really wouldn't help, because a well timed maintenance for the average player isn't a well timed maintenance for an Australian player.

Why u all post did someone from Bioware ever respond on needs of community ?

I play now again for 4 weeks orso , I rarely see some GM or any other reaction from Bioware in forum or anywere else.

I only experienced maintenance after maintenance , a week ago i was happy to play 3 days on a row without maintenance.

Did euro's drop in value compared to dollars ( i don't think so , sick economy) , so please explain to me why i would keep donate to ppl that steal my gameplay over and over again. I demand same service as americans that have maintenance in nighttime , especially when you guys seem to mess it up over and over again , unexpected downtimes mostly in euro primetime , like last week 9 h , i still got any official responds. Screw u , screw ur company , screw lame stupid egocentered americans and their over rated game. If u think i forget the 9 h cause you now try to eas us with only 2h downtime , u still steal from us.

Ps. : for all ppl yelling give them slack , this and that , **** idiots it's not ur mother you so used to suck up , grow some balls , we payed for same service , so maintenance in nighttime for europe , till then i will not prolong my subscription.

Edited by Nixian

I am not sure where the issue is... Maintenance times for all servers has been the same since the game launched... Nothing has changed.. When the APAC servers were there, guess what?? Maintenance was at the exact same time it is on every other server.. Now that the APAC servers are gone, guess what?? Maintenance is at the exact same time it is on every other server..

Typically speaking there is a post at the top of the general forum 2 or 3 days in advance warning about maintenance times.. The game launcher usually has a warning about the maintenance on the day before the maintenance..

I am just not sure what the issue is.. Maintenance times haven't changed.. If you are raiding during a designated maintenance window, then that is your fault..

Yes, some weeks to fix bugs, emergency maintenance days occur.. So what?? I see no reason to complain about that.. If one of you feel that you can write an MMO of this quality and scope that will be bug and maintenance free.. Be my guest.. Otherwise, I am not sure what you have to complain about except to complain just to complain..

I have play WOW for almost 6 years.. I have played this one since launch.. If I had a nickel for every time I missed a raid or OP due to maintenance.. Life for me would be a lot easier..

Seriously guys.. Lighten up.. It is just a game.. To err is human.. At least they are fixing the bugs.. You can't fault them for that.. :)

I am not sure where the issue is... Maintenance times for all servers has been the same since the game launched... Nothing has changed.. When the APAC servers were there, guess what?? Maintenance was at the exact same time it is on every other server.. Now that the APAC servers are gone, guess what?? Maintenance is at the exact same time it is on every other server.

I've been raiding since just after release in this game and maintenance has never been an issue because it was always on the scheduled maintenance day (Tuesday). Because of this we raided Wed/Thur/Sun. Too easy!

BUT... Over the last month there has been maintenance almost every Wednesday and a few Thursdays. Since it falls right in the middle of our peak raiding time these unscheduled patches (even if it's only 2 hours) wipe out an entire day of raiding for us. That's the issue.

Edited by SteveMellross

I've been raiding since just after release in this game and maintenance has never been an issue because it was always on the scheduled maintenance day (Tuesday). Because of this we raided Wed/Thur/Sun. Too easy!

BUT... Over the last month there has been maintenance almost every Wednesday and a few Thursdays. Since it falls right in the middle of our peak raiding time these unscheduled patches (even if it's only 2 hours) wipe out an entire day of raiding for us. That's the issue.

This is the issue - maintenance on days other than Tuesday. All people are asking for is a little lead time so they can schedule raids around the maintenance. Not too much to ask. :rolleyes:

It's the tight *** nature of this entire affair that really annoys me, when something is broken in the Cartel market, they have it fixed in an hr because it affects them...

While I agree with the sentiment, perhaps a little bit of reality might be useful here:

Issues with the Cartel Market are fixed quickly (as are issues with account billing, account login, and service denial) because they are directly related to customer revenue, and errors or mishandling of customer payment or the inability to access the service is subject to legal complaint. Should anyone actually initiate a legal complaint for non-delivery of goods/services, the legal costs would immediately soak up the subscription costs of dozens of players, and they would still incur all the costs of fixing it.

As annoying as it is, your recurring subscription billing is not given the same level of protection, as it is tied to a Service Level Agreement which states that outages will occur and there is no guarantee of availability for any particular amount of time.

So, in the end, the result is that they (or any service, really) would rather lose you and a few dozen other customers than have to settle a single lawsuit. Someone purchasing something with Cartel Coins but never getting the item can generate that sort of lawsuit. You not being able to run a raid, or having some Boss bug out and make your Ops wipe cannot generate a lawsuit. The practical reality is that the Cartel Market is simply more important (in that respect) than your gameplay. They fix the CM immediately because they have to in order to avoid legal issues.

Annoying, definitely. Disheartening, sure. Disgusting in how it allows litigious idiots to screw over reasonable people: yup. But until your campaign to change international contract law succeeds, this is simply the way the world works.

I'm sure this is based off Majority rules where they look for a time when most of there player base is not playing. Which would make sence.

In fact, that's exactly what they say they're doing: Picking windows where the fewest players are impacted.

And they've even shifted the window in cases where they know special circumstances will cause different population patterns. I can't remember exactly which day it was, but they shifted a maintenance into the early morning in the US because some holiday was going to mean that a lot of European players would be playing during the mid-day.

Sure, it sucks for the people who play at the less popular times (beyond the normal lower population issues), but it does seem a bit selfish to say that its better to inconvenience 10 people than 5 people because one of those five people is you.

In fact, that's exactly what they say they're doing: Picking windows where the fewest players are impacted.

And they've even shifted the window in cases where they know special circumstances will cause different population patterns. I can't remember exactly which day it was, but they shifted a maintenance into the early morning in the US because some holiday was going to mean that a lot of European players would be playing during the mid-day.

Sure, it sucks for the people who play at the less popular times (beyond the normal lower population issues), but it does seem a bit selfish to say that its better to inconvenience 10 people than 5 people because one of those five people is you.

Actually, most people aren't complaining about the time of day - they are complaining about the huge amount of unscheduled maintenance days that have been happening recently. We have no problem with *scheduled* maintenance happening in the middle of our prime time. It's all the other days recently we have been missing out on. If BioWare stuck to their schedule like most other MMOs do then no one would be complaining.