Eternity Vault - Soa Bug?

Hi everyone

Did my first operation tonight, everything went well and smooth untill we reached Soa, the last boss, were easly reach phase three (after jumping down two times when floor breaks)

then boss mind traps me (who is the tank) and then boss despawns, is this supposed to happen? might be worth mentioning that we have to suicide wipe by jumping down the lava at that point, and once we do that and respawn and take the speeders as usual to get there quicker, everyone who took the speeder gets insta-killed once reaching destination....

I've seen the boss despawn 1 second after he enrages (when we had him at 2% no less). This is most likely not something you're doing incorrectly...though I haven't seen him despawn prior to enrage yet (knock on wood). Similarly, just getting his bubble down can be a nice RNG game to play on where exactly to position him...because apparently sometimes having the cone "right on top of him" will not work.

Other bugs = random teleports of players to other levels of the instance, teleporting players to apparently an entirely unique instance, much of the floor missing after a wipe, etc.

Jumping in the lava was what caused your death after the speeder ride. I noted in the compiled thread that I've tested this and in EV deaths in lava throughout EV will inevitably result in a death outside of combat after respawn (not just in Ghaj's).

what you described happens sometimes, but not others.. he's bugs out when you kill the mindtrap but the tank gets warped up to the top instead of coming back in on the floor, at which point SOA can't reach him and he bugs out.

other times mind trapping the tank won't affect the fight at all

seems to be a coin flip

Thanks for all quick replies, well then we know we are not alone!

we never managed to down the boss, got him to about 50k health or so in enrage, but once he enrages his shield is very hard to break, and its very hard to break before enrage in phase 3 anyways, i pulled him to about 6 crystals and 3 of them was missed somehow, even tough it looked from my PoV that he was right underneath it, aswell as at it seemed for the rest of the guild that guided me to them in order to make it easier for me to find them...

I'm pretty sure he despawns after a certain number of pillars have been thrown to the ground. If you have an off tank, I'd recommend taunting him when your main tank gets mind trapped. We did this fight about 10+ times on nightmare last night before finally killing him, and we had our fair share of bugs (example: if someone is getting flung around the room when the floor drops out, they get teleported to the bottom instantly but are not in the same zone as the rest of the raid...)

This may be a glitch for you, but it also may be you are taking too long, I don't know how long you took.

We have experienced two mind trap bugs. The first is as you mention, if the tank gets mind trapped Soa will not transfer to the next aggro target, he'll stay on the tank and eventually evade, reseting the encounter.

The second is that another person (not the person who actually got mind trapped) can be pulled to the mind trap location either when it's cast or destroyed. This happened to a few of our DPS, but it did happen once to our main tank who was warped to the opposite side of the room and we missed a vulnerability phase because of it.

Edited by Malakriss

Wait untill u reach HM and see platforms go down during the fight phase

proof: http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/ghost333gr/Screenshot_2012-01-28_02_41_53_924032.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/ghost333gr/Screenshot_2012-01-28_03_21_53_275267.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss147/ghost333gr/Screenshot_2012-01-28_03_23_49_190897.jpg

Edited by panosghost

I've had a lot of experience with EV, here's what almost certainly happened.

Soa starts mind trap targeting tank (which mean briefly someone passed him on agro)

Main tank retakes agro after targeting but before being trapped

Main tank appears inside mind trap, Soa can no longer target his highest threat target

Main tank counts as evaded so Soa despawns.